Best platform for Rocksmith 2014 CDLC?

missis sumner

Question

Sorry for my noobish questions, and I hope this is the right place to ask...

I've been playing Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014 on PS3 for about six months now, along with some of the official DLC songs, but I'm running out of decent songs to learn.

It looks like I'll be spending some time away from home with work in the near future, so would like to start up again with a more portable setup.

I've already got a Kala U-bass in the post :D, and I have a Macbook Air for my travels.  I can boot the Mac to run Windows 7, through Bootcamp, or just run plain old OSX on it.

What's my best option for running CDLC - do I buy Rocksmith 2014 for Win or OSX?

Also, I take it that if I buy a copy of the game on Steam, I don't need an internet connection to play it, once I've downloaded it?

TIA

9 answers to this question

If you buy it on Steam - ya can use it on all platforms which RS for steam supports, and yes - you can use it in offline mode

But RS2014 uses via steam also UPlay - but I think, that also it supports an offline mode...

BTW If you are going to buy it on steam - then wait for sumemr sale (19-30.06) - there's always a chance to get (even up to 90% discount) for RS - last year biggest was about 50-60%

• Like 1

Feel free to edit my CDLCs, use tones etc.

Thanks for the quick reply and the heads-up about the sale!

I've just noticed there's a Rocksmith 2014 demo on Steam, so I'm off to give it a try first.

If you buy it on Steam - ya can use it on all platforms which RS for steam supports, and yes - you can use it in offline mode

But RS2014 uses via steam also UPlay - but I think, that also it supports an offline mode...

BTW If you are going to buy it on steam - then wait for sumemr sale (19-30.06) - there's always a chance to get (even up to 90% discount) for RS - last year biggest was about 50-60%

Agreed, and yep was half price last year :)

I can confirm that RS/RS2014 can both be played via Steam/uPlay in offline mode, including the official and unofficial dlc/cdlc as uPlay was down the other day, surprise surprise ;).

As with all Steam sales, always wait till the last day or a daily/flash deal as it may come up cheaper if not already 75% off.

I'm waiting for the sale in hope of some of the dlc to be half price.

tris

Also wait for community's votes ;)

There are often discounts about 66% (Yes, RS wcould be discounted 66% too, but it has lost in vote).

BTW to buy it cheaper you can always buy keys from tf2 and then trade 'em for Rocksmith from Russians via sites such as http://www.tf2outpost.com/.

For example here sb sells it for 13 keys. So it gives about 22€ for Rocksmith.

Feel free to edit my CDLCs, use tones etc.

Cheers for the replies.

I've just set up on Steam to play the demo.  Sorry, it was the original Rocksmith, not 2014 as I said earlier.  I had my Mac running it on Windows (as that was the only version available) but it did work.  It also worked in Offline mode, so it's looking good so far.

I've also confirmed that my PS3 Realtone cable works with my Mac! :)

I'll be keeping an eye out for any upcoming offers. 

BTW to buy it cheaper you can always buy keys from tf2 and then trade 'em for Rocksmith from Russians via sites such as http://www.tf2outpost.com/.

For example here sb sells it for 13 keys. So it gives about 22€ for Rocksmith.

Sounds like a bargain, if only I could figure out how it all worked…  :-P

Not to worry, I'm in no rush - I've got a couple of weeks to sort it all out, and make sure my U-bass will work with Rocksmith.

A quick update, I finally got it working!

Unfortunately, I missed the Steam sale, but got Rocksmith cheaply enough after it, with a game code.

I paid full price for Cherub Rock...

And I finally figured out where to put the DLC on my Mac running OS X 10.7.5 (it only took me about 3 days… lol).

Cheers for the help, guys!