Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 34

Joey

Da Rules: http://customsforge.com/topic/6569-rocksmith-2014-championship-rules-read-this-first/

Posting this now as I am out my way out and will most likely not be back in time to post it. 

Last weeks winners:

Lead
Beginner: @@Azrael
Intermediate: @@ScottLP
Masterclass: @@firekorn

Rhythm
Beginner: n/a
Intermediate:@@Mortalo
Masterclass: @@lordlk

Bass
Beginner: @@ScottLP
Intermediate: @@MilkmanDan
Masterclass: @@Thrallsa

The songs for this week are:

Beginner: Ensiferium - Wanderer

I recommend version with replaced the positions fingers for solo in lead (5-8 frets) for easy learning,  there possible get accuracy 100%. And added a tone for bass. Get there link  (Motive)

Intermediate: Royal Republic - Full Steam SpaceMachine

Masterclass: Ozzy Ozbourne - Crazy Train

Congrats to all the winners and holy hell what a week for the bass players, So many 100s. You guys should be proud as this was a hell of a competition for the bass players this week. @ @@MilkmanDan @@NoonyDeloony @@doyleman7 @@acorlett2005 @@ScottLP Great job on the 100% bass scores to all of you. Really great competition this week between you all. I love seeing that as we don't get many Bass players so its great to see a week of awesome bass players and scores. I may be joining you guys this week on the bass side we shall see. 

P.s. Please, see changes in Championship Class Lists!

• Like 2

Yay, that's mine 4th straight win in different category, though last 3 was because I was alone (eligible).

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Fun but fast!

The main riff isn't a problem until I push above 85%; then I've got about 4 thumbs on the fretboard..  ;)

Never heard the song before, so quite pleased.. :)

67% and 72 streak - Lead INT.

EDIT.. Ahh, nailed it!!

I was having a play of the main riff - just with the guitar on its own. Maybe this will help someone?

On my playthrough, I was moving my 3rd finger off the D string (7th fret) at about the 4th note of the main riff. Obviously it gave me much more to do, so I was tying myself in knots!

The trick is not to move that finger (when you plant it on the 7th fret, D string). Leave it there until you go back down the fretboard.. Much easier to play. :)

Will see how that makes a difference after I get my daughter to bed..  ;)

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o680/Hostilian/Capture_zpscb9518bf.jpg

• Like 1

@ What is model LTD? Look nice. Why is it not Bass guitar?  :wink:

For beginner. I little replaced the positions fingers for solo in lead (5-8 frets), now there possible get accuracy 100%. And added a tone for bass.  Get there link

p.s. I guess bass part have a few wrong notes, and in riff section too :)

Wanted a new guitar for alternate tunings and I'm not ready for a bass yet i want to make sure I'm as good as i can be on guitar first before moving on to another instrument. 

Its an ESP MH-100QMNT 

I bought it at Guitar Center just a little while ago

• Like 1

I didn't actually know any of the songs this week except for Crazy Train -- and both of the others sound like good fun!  That is a big part of why I joined in here, finding new music that is outside of my usual sphere, so should be fun to play through them all.  :)

And although the GNR song for MC last round was fun enough and a good challenge, I really like Crazy Train -- so I'll have to see what I can do!

Was especially fun to see all the bass players last week, including the jaw-dropping numbers on Welcome to the Jungle by Thrallsa and several others with very impressive scores.  That song was quite tough for me, but I was happy with my improvement on it from my first play to last try -- mostly due to the fun of the competition here.  So thanks to all for that, and I'm glad I joined in!   :cool:

Good luck to everybody this week.

• Like 2

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

Tried the bass on all 3 songs:

Wanderer (BEG), 1st try:

Posted ImageMight have got a 100% on first try, but my daughter (18 months old) decided to help a bit in the middle.  :)  Nice and easy, fun song, but the bass charting is definitely a bit off in a few places.  Most noticeable in what I'd call the interlude, the 5 low difficulty (short purple bars) sections between two much higher difficulty sections (according to the graph -- nothing in the song is really difficult), about 1/3rd of the way through the song.

Crazy Train (MC) -- 1st try today, but I downloaded it sometime a long time ago and had 1 trial run from back then.  The bass chart is much better than what it was back then -- looked perfect to me now.  Tone is pretty twitchy on my setup though (my main/5-string bass is noisy due to poor wiring) so I tone switched to something more neutral:

Posted ImageI think I've got a much better score in me on this one.  I don't expect a 100%, but I'll improve on this for sure.

Full Steam Space Machine (INT) -- My skillset doesn't jive with this song as much as Crazy Train, so this one actually felt like a MUCH harder song (to me anyway).  All those octave hops with a skipped string in the middle, plus the pretty quick shifting up and down the fretboard kicked my butt, so I managed a healthy 83% accuracy on my 1st try.   :???:  So, I think I'll back-burner this one until I get an accuracy/score that I'm happy with on Crazy Train.

• Like 1

Milkman Dan

Again the  MC song lead and rhythm far away out my league. Fed to the teeth. :)  score:

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx32/Andy_Vehero/2014-06-15_00006_zps4be7370d.jpg

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx32/Andy_Vehero/2014-06-15_00005_zps8341e74a.jpg

P.s I changed tones in a MC song by Ozzy. lead and bass. Welcome: Download Link 

@@MilkmanDan Steam machine enough easy to play on bass fingered, it same, as on "Crazy train" in parts, where very fast play 4str-skip-2strx2(2-4 fret) - it is unplayable for my with accuracy, but there more slow.

• Like 1

Tried Crazy Train again with your tone update @ -- huge improvement to the bass tone for me, thanks!

Posted ImageSeems to have helped my accuracy, too.  I think I may have a 99% in me on this one -- that'll be my goal for the week!

I also see you are right about the interval being the same in Crazy Train and Space Machine (octaves, so skip a string and up 2 frets).  I had somehow convinced myself that Crazy Train was just a 5th, so no string skip -- but you are totally right.  That part will definitely hold me back in this song too...  But at least it is just a short section that happens what, 2 times in the song?

• Like 3

Milkman Dan

First scores and I am sure I can do much better on all on the Ozzy one I went from 45% to 62% so at least i saw somewhat of an improvement over the last time i tried to play this song.

http://i.imgur.com/i27paaU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YrytjiV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vdB7t44.jpg

• Like 1