Multitracks - Do you, as a player, use them?

Karmeleaux

Multitracks  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find multitracks an appealing option?

• Yes, and I'm more inclined to check out a song with multitracks.
    • Yes, I choose multitrack versions of any song I'm interested in.
    • No, I choose standard versions even if multitracks are available.

Question

(apologies if this should go elsewhere and/or has been posted before, I tried searching and didn't find anything myself)

So, I've got multitracks of a few songs I've worked on and I'm working on, but I've just started bothering with with non-Steam versions, so I thought I'd feel this out. Adding non-Steam versions takes just the effort of clicking a few checkboxes and increased downloads of each song by about 25%, though at least some of that is probably just Steam users who didn't see it before now seeing it on the front page.

I primarily make customs for myself foremost so I don't bother with multitracks; especially because I try to stay away from stuff that would be immensely popular because I don't have confident in my ability to make the tones sound passable, and even moreso if they're all you're hearing.

But if there's an appreciable chunk of people here who enjoy multitracks, especially people who will check out stuff they don't know because it has multitracks, I'll take a stab at it. Really, I'll probably cave and do it at some point regardless, but I'd make it more of a priority in that case. In addition, I'm just kinda curious.

If you feel your position cannot be summed up in one of the poll choices, feel free to respond.

I've always got the multitracks.

(Sry for doublepost, but...)

I would like to draw your attention to this tutorial I did on how to add a metronome to your CDLCs as part of a bonus arrangement.

The idea is: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound!

(Spoiler alert: You will sound pretty shitty when you play a song without the original music for the first time :rolleyes: )

I like to think of it as the "low-man's-multitracks" :D

I assume that everyone who is interested in multitracks might be exited by this info!

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Multi tracks are the future and the only way to go or you will sound shite, it will clean up your playing massively! I have lots of multi tracks. Its just a ballache to make them syncing the midi or praying the ogg file can be matched to the backing track. It all takes time, any tutorials flying about for a simple method. Ie extract midi/guitar pro file. Import backing track to DAW, sync midi to backing track or vice versa and align the lot? Any qucik methods I'm all ears ;-)

well I prefere playing in the way I hear my guitar about 5-6 db loudly from original record so I could hear me shitty playing so I don't need any multitracks but If I do wanna learn a song in easy mode first or in hardest possible I could go with multitracks or multitracks plus master mode then. even tho you should practice outside rocksmith with your tab printed or by memory with dedicated amp I guess I've asked Audrey Shida under one of the videos to bump the volume of her guitar because I can slightly hear her guitar and it isn't great so I guess she took further and began making complete covers or playing more with amp since then :D

I've started to do the same Alex on non-multitrack versions with my guitar volume much louder over the music and it's really helped me to improve a lot by actually hearing what I'm playing and trying to make it sound good and musical, rather than just hitting the notes on time like a rhythm game.

But by just turning the guitar volume up over a standard track, I sometimes find it's difficult to keep the rhythm as my guitar sound drowns out the bass / drums too much on certain songs and I struggle to keep the groove, and then I end up playing by eye, using the note highway and it defeats some of the benefit of trying to listen to my guitar sound and play by ear.

Now that I've just discovered the multitracks I think they're amazing, to get the best of both! It's so useful to be able to hear what I'm playing properly, but also still being able to play within rocksmith with the speed up / slow down features etc.

I've noticed though that many multi-track versions of the CDLC are down though, they seem to be on a Mega account that has been deleted. Most of the Metallica ones anyway, and some others.

Also It would be cool if there was a search option for Multi-tracks / Stems or something, seems like right now I think it depends on the authors all labelling the same way and I wasn't sure if I was finding all of them.

I've found one old thread, but full of interresting informations related to Multitracks and why it's better to use already perfectly done RB/GH rips as a starting point:

The third Way to Chart Customs (With Guitar Hero/Rockband/PS/Frets on fire templates):

http://customsforge.com/topic/2882-the-third-way-to-chart-customs-with-guitar-herorockbandpsfrets-on-fire-templates/