Tone creation request/tutorial

firekorn

• Administrator

I know many don't really how to or even get lost while creating tones for their songs and i understand why looking at all the possibilities but at one point i think many charter would love to be able to do it by themselves.

I already answered to some request for tone creation and many were pleased with what i delivered to them. But i think i'm actually the only one to answer to those request and my time is limited.

So in order to help people creating their tone and because i can't find a way to create a tutorial about this i'll do something quite different.

If someone request a tone i won't only create the tone but i will also make available a stream of me creating it so that people can see how i do it and even ask question about the process and even try it by themselves later. So the goal is also to find a date so that it's not just a simple tone creation on my end, i want the actual charter of the song to be involved in this process.

Just keep in mind that i work with the actual cdlc that you created (no need to be completely finished but at least playable or published in the DB) and only do guitar tones since i don't own any bass at the moment.

• Like 10

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Administrator

I would like a tone for the beginning of "Country Song" by Seether.  Its a steel guitar with some effects.

And i would like Ice cream ;)

Seriously, first i can't find the CDLC on your profile so it means that you didn't make it yourself or didn't published it in the DB which mean that you might not have completely understand what i meant so i've edited my first message to be clearer.

And a little please and a thanks would always be better, i'm doing this on my free time and to help you, not me.

• Like 3

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Nice. Great to have someone offer to do these.

How would you improve a tone? For example, I bang out a tone that sorta sounds decent. How would you go about improving how "close" it sounds?

And also, it's not just the charters your helping. It's all the people that play the resulting creation!

• Administrator

That really depends on how the tone is at first. Most of the time i like deleting everything that i can in the tone and work on that basic combination of Amp and Cabinet and get as close as possible from there because if this isn't right you won't be able to get it right with something else.

A big part is also to used the minimal amount of effect. One can be enough in so many occasion or even none for simple tone.

But for any tone, you have to try it again and again to see if it sounds decent that's mostly why i work with the CDLC, because you can really hear how it will sounds in situation even use the RR to hear one part again and again and again.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

I'll Stream and record. I won't be able to work on the request this week-end but i'll let everyone know when i'll do it so that not only the charter but everyone else can take a look and maybe ask some related question.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• 3 months later...

Here's a question. Are all the speakers the same sounding ones? I've yet to find a speaker that's definitely different.

Also, If I make a request, does it have to be published in the DB? Can I just upload it somewhere and PM the link to you with a promise to publish it in the DB? IMO publishing a custom certifies a certain level of completeness. I don't want to publish something for people to download without tones set. I think they'd play it and think it's total trash and then have them skip downloading the custom again when they see an update for it. Tones are really important because I think for people to enjoy a custom, it needs to sound like the song.

@@bob64

Thats a wise question ;-) You can always post unfinished CDLC in the Workshop:

http://customsforge.com/forum/41-workshop/

Thats how I got feedback for my first CDLCs before publishing them.

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

• Administrator

@@bob64 : as @@Azrael said you can post it in the workshop or jsut send it to me in a PM. The workshop would actually allow you to obtain other kind of information or other point of view which might be better.

Hum i've never really experiment but i trully think they are, the thing is that the amp will do the biggest part of the job in the sound and the mic position play a lot too on a same cabinet. Many speakers might not have that big of difference in the first place too (the fact that they are closed or open do play in the sound but in ways that can be completely erased by all the other stuff around and by your own speakers system for exemple.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• 3 months later...

Hey man, could you help me with some whacky tone for this one? http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/bulletproof-r10276

It already has a clean tone, but it was provisional and I don't know a thing about making tones besides clean/overdrive :P

• Administrator

@@JazzD : hey, i suggest we find a time and date to do that together so that you get some insight on how i do it and how you could also try to do it yourself (Send me a PM with your availabilities)

@@RSBass : Hey, i think that by dead space, he mean time where you just have to sit and listen to the music with nothing to play which is boring. Anyway i can help you with your tone too but as i said for JazzD, doing it together will probably be more interesting.

@@ice9 : As i said in the first post i don't own any bass so creating a bass tone is impossible by myself so your best bet would be to go over that post : http://customsforge.com/topic/892-tone-requests/for that bass tone.

• Like 3

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography