CDLC worked before, but now the game isn't recognizing it

rsjs

Question

I got the game running but it was choppy.  The game recognized all the CDLC, but it went from very smooth to sporadic heavy bogs pretty fast.  I played enough CS as a kid to know why, so I started tweaking.  Shouldn't have uninstalled an antivirus program in the middle of all of this, but I did.  The next potential problem was that my PC didn't like me plugging in the HDMI while I was loading up Rocksmith.  I know better.  The screen wigged out, flickering like crazy. Then I made the last bad mistake-- I shut off the computer instead of just closing the lid and forcing it to hibernate, then remove the HDMI.  Oh well.  windows didn't like that and forced a chkdsk.  After settling everything, I loaded up the game and everything was smooth and fine, but the game isn't recognizing my CDLC anymore. I tried overwriting the .dll, didn't work.  System restored after that, got a fresh copy of the .dll, still not working.

Not really a big deal, I was planning on putting this on my surface 3 that's still on preorder.  I know that computer will have no problem running this game but I wanted to see how well this old laptop would run it.  Any ideas why the game isn't recognizing the CDLC anymore?.

12 answers to this question

Yes, and like I said, I had the customs working but there was sporadic chopiness so I freed up some Ram, uninstalled an AV program, rebooted several times, etc. The laptop is old and hasn't had a single game played on it, so I wasn't really surprised.

Going to see how the normal songs work on it when I get home.

I downloaded cherub rock (hmm, maybe it's not inside my dlc folder since the system restore) and it was working fine minus several Xed out songs that probably needed to be edited.  I'll look into it a little more.  New computer coming in less than 2 weeks so it's not a big deal.

I've started this game about 4 different ways since I loaded it.  I've accessed it through steam, through the .exe, I've signed into Uplay (before discovering that it wasn't even necessary), and I've not signed into Uplay-- and different combinations of each.  No one seemed to think that there was any way of being banned/blacklisted for owning CDLC but maybe they're wrong?  Still really confused why this wouldn't be working since it's such a simple process.

God. Damn. It.  Well, the songs loaded, but now rocksmith is refusing to recognize my guitar.  I loaded the game via steam, waited for the dlc to enumerate, and it was all there.  When I went to play a song, it doesn't recognize my guitar.  The real tone cable is recognized and working in device manager, it is the default for recording in sound, some option in rocksmith that I can't remember is selected.  What else could be wrong? (and yes, I have a guitar, I am plucking the strings, it is plugged in, the volume is cranked, the real tone cable works fine on xbox and is recognized by my PC, it worked last night...think that's just about everything)

So after I found out the guitar wasn't working properly, I went and rebooted the game outside of steam (the way suggested in the fax, running the .exe straight from the root).  There was audio distortion and possibly video lag right on the main menu, and none of my DLC loaded in my library.  So it looks like I need to do this in steam.  Bleh.

Had a trojan, got rid of that, seems to have fixed the lag problem.  Removing that or eliminating some background apps seems to have fixed everything.  Need to go through steam to access the DLC, running the .exe doesn't work.