new twist on dlc not working

tupoloflyer

Question

this may be tied to the problems we've been having with the profile corrupting, but I don't know.  I tried to get on tonight after being away on vacation and now songs that I have been playing for weeks refuse to load up.  I can tune then it will hang, or sometimes it won't even get that far.  I tried starting a new profile, reloading an existing previous profile.  I really don't know where to check next.  it was inconvenient to redo my profile before, this really is a pain now.  I went back to the original rs and it plays and works fine, just rs14.  anyone else have somethine like this, or any ideas to try?

6 answers to this question

forgive me If this is common sense, but does that mean I will need to reload my cdlc? or what direction should I be looking/heading to correct this.  I have found some songs that will work okay, the ones with the game of course and a few cdlc.   I seem to remember some time back there was a file that needed to be downloaded, is this in relation and can you remind me where to look again.  after a weeks vacation my gray matter isn't firing at full speed yet.  thank you for the response, I am still impressed how helpful all on this site are.

forgive me If this is common sense, but does that mean I will need to reload my cdlc? or what direction should I be looking/heading to correct this.  I have found some songs that will work okay, the ones with the game of course and a few cdlc.   I seem to remember some time back there was a file that needed to be downloaded, is this in relation and can you remind me where to look again.  after a weeks vacation my gray matter isn't firing at full speed yet.  thank you for the response, I am still impressed how helpful all on this site are.

D3DX9_42.dll is probably missing. Here is a snip fom the read me file....

DOWNLOAD D3DX9_42.dll to Rocksmith 2014 root folder;Run the game by normal Rocksmith2014 executable app (will popup a console debug window, it's normal, don't worry) 

If you dont see the little second window popup the DLL inst there.....

For some reason certain anti virus programs don't like that file. Someone said Windows Security Essentials is one that doesn't like it, and it gets rid of it. I am using AVG free and have never had this issue.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.