Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 33

Joey

I cant normal play Guns n Roses (lead), badly irritates because of the disgusting tones switching. That can not hear yourself, you can not hear the song, it confusing.

String 10s-52s for women and children. For real men good string 50s-110s :mrgreen:

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx32/Andy_Vehero/2014-06-09_00003_zps13e18712.jpg

@@Mortalo You must buy real bass guitar and call it a day beat my at bass arrangements     :grin:

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx32/Andy_Vehero/2014-06-09_00005_zps90e5b7b7.jpg

• Like 1

For some weird reason joker and the thief doesnt recognise some of my chords. Thats because of my guitar not being set up properly and intonation is terrible. I tried several times but i cant get my score up. Im sorry I think ill pass this week.

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

Arrh! that last 0.5% is proving to be very elusive......

Thought i should support the local talent by having a go at Joker. Certainly good for building finger strength & dexterity! Score is not worthy at this point though....

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lbq47zc3z22x4kl/Rocksmith2014%2020140609%20SOAD-Atwa.jpg

• Like 2

Thrallsa, that 98%+ is a hell of a great score on Welcome to the Jungle on bass!

The song is quite tough for me, but I suppose the best way to get better is to work on those songs that seem like toughies instead of breezing through old favorites.  I did some riff repeater time and moved up from 89.8 to 92.8, but I seriously doubt that I'll be able to give you any kind of run for your money.  Still, seeing your score has motivated me to keep it up and see what I can manage!

/grovel

--EDIT--

Hmm, I found a way to manage a bit better on what I'd call sort of the main riff, with the half step bend on the 3rd fret of the E (actually Eb) string.  I'm not fast enough to accurately pull off that bend at 100% speed, but when I decided to play it as a rapid hammer-on / pull-off from 3rd fret to 4th, I suddenly went from missing *lots* of notes on that section to being able to play it on riff repeater at 100% speed a couple times in a row with no misses.  It sounds right to my ear -- still just a half step up and then back down to the original note.

Now to just figure out what to do on the part where you're supposed to play a 2nd fret on E(b ) right in the middle of some 5th and 7th frets on A(b ).  My fingers don't reach that far!

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

OK, with the little trick to hammer on / pull off instead of bend plus about an hour and a half in riff repeater, doing the first half or so of the sections from 55% speed up to 100% on accelerate, I managed this on a fresh full-speed playthrough:

Posted Image

Tomorrow, I'll riff repeat my way through the second half.  I'm sure I can get better in the solo part -- I just rapidly alternate pick the A(b ) string and slide down from fret 7 to 2 instead of actually trying to strum all the notes in that range the correct number of times.  The part where I was worried about finger stretching ended up being not too much trouble once I riff repeated it, just needs fast shifting instead of major stretching.

--EDIT-- posted the wrong image the first time.

Milkman Dan

Yup Wolfmother chords are recognized wildly. Besides my 3rd finger hurts when I'm doing 12 fret chord. Too warm and my fingers are sweating too much to train hammer-on section.

@ I'm looking for nice bass right now :)

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Haven't seen any takers on the beginner song for bass, so I figured I should try it (just for fun):

Posted Image

D Drop C, so my strings are a bit floppy and prone to intonation issues -- I had a hell of a time getting notes to register at all until I tuned a few cents flat and started using the lightest touch possible on the strings.  Once I did that, I managed the above -- perfect all the way through and then literally the LAST note didn't register.

I really need to get some heavy gauge strings for my 4-string bass, so I can set it up as my D Drop C or D/C# Standard rig while keeping my 5 for E/Eb/Drop D (and any songs for a 5 that use the workaround, of course).

Anyone have a recommendation on string gauges for bass set to primarily use for Drop C?  Thinking about:

"tight: 120-90-70-50"

from HERE

Milkman Dan

Will try it again tonight and see if I can get better than 83% on it, the chord switching from fret 10 and fret 12 is what seems to give me the most issues but overall all the chords seem to either hit or miss no matter how I hold the chord and when I strum but it could be that I am not used to the rhythm yet. I will post a score on it tonight. I will also try to get a good score on the MC song as I haven't posted anything on either song because I just don't like the scores I have gotten. 

I finish with MC, got my goal 80%. honestly stay MC :)  Hate this crap the song. Terrible sound and melody and lyric. (for my taste).

And if who want taste, there i little change tones in a song by Guns n Roses (at least for me perhaps learn): Link

My score MC lead:

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx32/Andy_Vehero/2014-06-10_00004_zpsc512dc21.jpg

Score MC Rhythm:

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx32/Andy_Vehero/2014-06-10_00001_zpsa4311ab4.jpg

Got it up a bit today.  Still having problems with the hammer-ons and with the cords.  im still recuperating from 6 days of junk food, alcohol and concerts.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/JokerandtheThief77_zps88ea2e4b.jpg

@@MilkmanDan Thank you so much for the tip! I find these bends impossible to hit accurately, I'm not sure if it's me or the game that messes up, but either way it makes welcome to the jungle and many other songs practically impossible to play - at least well. Will try this trick, really hoping it works :smile:

For now here's my score for intermediate. I got frustrated at missing all the bends and gave up on MC for now, but I think I'm going to give it another go!Posted Image

• Like 2

@@MilkmanDan Thank you so much for the tip! I find these bends impossible to hit accurately, I'm not sure if it's me or the game that messes up, but either way it makes welcome to the jungle and many other songs practically impossible to play - at least well. Will try this trick, really hoping it works :smile:

For now here's my score for intermediate. I got frustrated at missing all the bends and gave up on MC for now, but I think I'm going to give it another go!

{pic removed}

Great score attack score there -- you must have been really in the groove timing wise for the whole song!   :cool:

I use that hammer-on trick a lot when I find some bend that I have trouble reproducing.  In "Welcome to the Jungle", my main problem with it is the speed -- I feel like I'm not fast enough to do it accurately at full speed.  BUT, it also comes in handy when there is a bend really close to the nut where the string tension is high enough that it is hard to get enough flex to shift the desired amount.

The other thing to keep in mind is that if it is supposed to be a half-step bend, you just hammer on to one fret away.  For a full step, move two frets.  In Rocksmith, I have trouble figuring out how much shift they want out of a bend visually, whereas in tab or sheet music format just tells you straight up if it is a half or full step (or more).  So, on pretty much any song with bends, I play them on riff repeater slowed down the first time and use the hammer-on technique to see whether it registers as a hit with a half step or full step.  Then I'll go back to doing it as an actual bend except in cases where that seems too hard or feels unnatural (like this song).

Hope that helps -- that trick plus some riff repeater time improved my accuracy in the song by a solid 6% (so far).   :)  To get used to it, I'd riff repeat a section with those bends and slow it down to 55-60% or so.  At that speed, I can do it accurately as a bend, but just practice it as hammers (and pull offs when it calls for returning to the original note like here) to get used to the rhythm.  I went from 55% speed to 100% speed with the "accelerate" option on, and it immediately went from nearly impossible for me in the 90+ speed range to very doable.

• Like 1

Milkman Dan

Today it went ALOT better.  The cords are still all over the place. Sometimes they register and some times they do not. But the hammer-ons where a lot easier today.  Went from 77% to 84% in 4 tries.  Looks like i can stay in intermediate yet another week. :smile:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/JokerandtheThief84_zpsd71e9018.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrator

For the MC this week :

Lead guitar 87.72% and 63 streak

http://i.imgur.com/K2kH963.jpg

Bass 97.6% and 359 streak

http://i.imgur.com/RszXUvf.jpg

I've give up on the rhythm, some sections are almost impossible to get with those natural harmonic and i always get a cross for this and some other for some weird little things...

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@ And you once got 97% in Intermediate? It looks like G'n'R's lyrics are accurate, it truly took you down :P

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures