Welcome!

Unleashed2k

Question

• Administrator

Welcome everyone.I, like other people here was woken up to the news that Smithy's Anvil will no longer host CDLC.This was a tragic day, however I want to shape the loss into a new community.As much as this really sucks, I'm willing to take over and help shape this community.Please do not bash Smithy's Anvil here as we're a community that lives off their toolkit + EOF.I'm in progress of getting some type of chat system up so we can discuss the future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

• Administrator

Great job of setting this up so quickly.I'm currently working on downloading all the cdlc still on there so it can be preserved and mass uploaded at a later date or something.

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

• Administrator

Brilliant, thanks for sorting this out! :D As someone has suggested in the thread on Anvil couldn't someone just take over the Admin on there to save building a separate community..? :?:

The admin of Anvil most likely will not step down, as he has stated he is changing the format/use of the community on there. But with the way things are going it shouldn't take long to have a fully separate community for song customs right here.

Mothman is real and he sold me coke in a dimly lit JC Penney's.

I'm grateful someone already managed to set something up to keep everything going, so thanks for that. Let's hope this new forum works out and trumps the old one in every regard without the necessity to ask for donations over and over again. Someone who doesn't use the resources that are offered to him willingly and freely, must be a fool. ;)

Oke, so obvious new to this :lol: Hello all of you,The Smithy name was ES, but it was too short lol.I figured out how we could use lettertypes for german/danish,swedisch/norwegian as å ß æ etc. so i want to post that stuff here as well, because this stuff can also come in handy for chinese texting etc.Where will i post this stuff ?

• Administrator

I'm grateful someone already managed to set something up to keep everything going, so thanks for that. Let's hope this new forum works out and trumps the old one in every regard without the necessity to ask for donations over and over again. Someone who doesn't use the resources that are offered to him willingly and freely, must be a fool. ;)

We will have one ad on the page at the footer (Google ad), however we will not ask you to donate to access special features or anything of the sort, nor will we ask you to change your AdBlocker settings - we know how annoying that can be.

Just promise that anyone you deem fit for moderation duties aren't little children that get a boner on suspending/banning people for every perceived slight. I will absolutely NOT walk on eggshells hoping that some quip or statement gets twisted in their heads and spits out as something actionable.I specifically refer to papillion. In hindsight it's water under the bridge, but at the time he alone was responsible for me not donating. I think it was when I had the unmitigated gall to suggest he close a thread that was a misunderstanding on my part. Apparently only he gets to suggest when a thread gets closed.

I think you should allow SendSpace. A lot of customs are already stored there and I personally haven't run into a SendSpace link that was no longer available. Though I'm sure it happens, broken/outdated links can also happen on any of the services in your "allowed" list. Let's not start off a new era of CLDC finding with a blanket ban on the most used site.Zep--

• Administrator

I think you should allow SendSpace. A lot of customs are already stored there and I personally haven't run into a SendSpace link that was no longer available. Though I'm sure it happens, broken/outdated links can also happen on any of the services in your "allowed" list. Let's not start off a new era of CLDC finding with a blanket ban on the most used site.Zep--

The problem with sendspace is when like a user like myself who doesn't have premium decides to download 20+ customs. I have to wait EACH time, and it's a huge problem. If a user wants to do sendspace I will allow them to create a mirror. Sendspace also deletes files if they are not downloaded for a certain amount days and that can cause major issues. I don't want to start us off on a bad start and I'm welcoming old users to use sendspace for now, but please please post a mirror.
  • Like 1

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

Hey all,Ive not been playing Rocksmith for long, I only started in January and was devastated I couldn't get any more CDLC's this morning! As a complete beginner guitarist Rocksmith has made learning guitar enjoyable and much less of a chore for me, words cant describe how much I appreciate all the effort you guys put in developing CDLC's. I love learning the songs I grew up listening to! even my Daughter gets in on the game! shes only 7!I wish you all the luck in the world getting this new community up and running, I have all my CDLC's in a separate folder if you would like me to upload them I would be more than happy to help all you need to is PM me with a place to send them to :)Good luck and Rock On!!!Rob

Thanks for creating this new site! Hope this will become the new No. 1 address for CDLC. As I said before, I'm the admin of http://www.rscdlc.com a simple search engine over CDLC posted on Smithy's and I'll happily contribute any code or data I have to your site. If there's anything I can do for you please mail me at rscdlc@gmx.at

• Like 1

Small stakes leave you with the minimal blues

Hey all,Ive not been playing Rocksmith for long, I only started in January and was devastated I couldn't get any more CDLC's this morning! As a complete beginner guitarist Rocksmith has made learning guitar enjoyable and much less of a chore for me, words cant describe how much I appreciate all the effort you guys put in developing CDLC's. I love learning the songs I grew up listening to! even my Daughter gets in on the game! shes only 7!I wish you all the luck in the world getting this new community up and running, I have all my CDLC's in a separate folder if you would like me to upload them I would be more than happy to help all you need to is PM me with a place to send them to :)Good luck and Rock On!!!Rob

You can still get the CDLCs..just not allowed to reply or make new topics in those forums.Zep--

• Administrator

Hi guys, glad somewhere is being set up. Dudes if you need any help you know where to find moi and the idiot boy (presuming you have figured out who this anyway, if you haven't sis i'm gonna hit you xD)

Don't hit me!! :mrgreen: I'll promote you and Jamie to site admin first chance I get.

Cheers Zep,I thought all links had been removed?Regardless onward and upwards yeah?BakerBauer, I cant reply to your PM, Ive started uploading the CDLC's I have, I'll try make the posts as neat and tidy as possible put they probably wont include all the info that was their originally but Ill update each post individually with more info when I get time!Rock On!Rob