Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 32

Joey

@@doyleman7 I dont know exactly. I have bad technique with fingered bass part, and dont understand why miss notes, may be low singlnal, mybe bad my hand. Even on the open string.  I nothing setup guitar yet, only tried play. Tomorrow will check truss, intonation, and the string action. Now i know only one thing, electronic in guitar cheap shit. If set knob tone(treble) on max, i very well hear hum. So i open box, and check wire, never seen more stupid wiring. From neck pickup wire unshielded!!! Capacitor of tone soldered on shield knob tone. Box without shield, no even graphite. All electronic need to change. I wiil buy my favorite pickup EMG, for bass EMG PJ set. 

@@Hostilian Hard play on bass. Big wide frets, need a good stretch. Long fretboard, more then guitar, so hard not looking on fretboard, right setup my left hand on need a fret. A big distance between strings, hard for right hand finding strings, especially  phrases with skip strings , after normal guitar. Get callus on finger for one evening :)

Almost learning with start. But sound is fun in a songs, especially E string - even body guitar shakes.

• Like 2

@@doyleman7 I dont know exactly. I have bad technique with fingered bass part, and dont understand why miss notes, may be low singlnal, mybe bad my hand. Even on the open string.  I nothing setup guitar yet, only tried play. Tomorrow will check truss, intonation, and the string action. Now i know only one thing, electronic in guitar cheap shit. If set knob tone(treble) on max, i very well hear hum. So i open box, and check wire, never seen more stupid wiring. From neck pickup wire unshielded!!! Capacitor of tone soldered on shield knob tone. Box without shield, no even graphite. All electronic need to change. I wiil buy my favorite pickup EMG, for bass EMG PJ set. 

@@Hostilian Hard play on bass. Big wide frets, need a good stretch. Long fretboard, more then guitar, so hard not looking on fretboard, right setup my left hand on need a fret. A big distance between strings, hard for right hand finding strings, especially  phrases with skip strings , after normal guitar. Get callus on finger for one evening :)

Almost learning with start. But sound is fun in a songs, especially E string - even body guitar shakes.

I started on guitar about 17 years ago, but never got very good (chords were my weakness).  Eventually switched to bass and I love it now.  BUT, one thing that stuck with me is playing with a pick.  I should practice playing with fingers more, but the reduction in my skill level when I do that is frustrating -- I know I can play the song fine if I just use a pick!

Other than that, I think you will get used to the differences between guitar and bass and be able to handle both soon.  Try songs with slides and bends to build up the fret hand callus -- the callus you get from a bass are different from guitar.  But as long as you are having fun, the things like neck size and fret spacing will all get to be easy very fast.

Have fun and welcome to the bass side!

• Like 1

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

@@Shiroo which version you are playing ?

I played version 1.1 and 1.3. in both versions I have I almost everything in green to the fast part because I have 2x yellow and I can not get to 99%. and you've got even one strikes.

btw. do you play on ps3 or xbox rocksmith I see your points in both versions not in my list :(

@@Shiroo which version you are playing ?

I played version 1.1 and 1.3. in both versions I have I almost everything in green to the fast part because I have 2x yellow and I can not get to 99%. and you've got even one strikes.

btw. do you play on ps3 or xbox rocksmith I see your points in both versions not in my list :(

@@Smile I played the 1.1 version for that score. Actually I have no problems with 8 fret on Estring. And rocksmith recognises most of the notes. But the only difference between 1.1 and 1.3 is only 1 added section, so it shouldnt matter which one you are playing. I dont know why you cant make 99%. Im sorry

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

@@Smile it is simple. Example: If section have 3 notes, and you miss 1, you can get strike, but very little down % accuracy. if section have 50 notes and you miss 10 you can get yellow section,  but much down average % accuracy. You have 2 section in yellow, you miss a more notes then had miss @@Shiroo in other a one section with strike.

Hope i wrote it clear :)

@@Harrigan Unfortunately your score is not valid as there are many sections that are not leveled all the way. You must submit a score that has all sections completely leveled. (all sections must be purple) You have many sections which are grey in color. 

That's no problem :smile: I mean for me. If I manage just add me.

Until then see this post as a warning that I am coming ;) :D

edit: Oh yeah the grey parts. I remember now. 85% is what I managed with the notes in the playthrough with greys, not the entire notes. Pfff, it's been a while since I took part in a championship (at smithy's).

Slight improvement.. Thought I'd give it another go before hitting the sack..

Another percent or two lost due to daftness. This score will do me..  :)

95.72% 156 streak.

Cranberries Lead..

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o680/Hostilian/Capture_zps92924478.jpg

Love this song!! I've had quite a few attempts with massive note recognition issues on the chords. With the tuning spot on, i'd always have trouble with one chord. I'd tune a little sharper and have trouble with a different chord, then tuned flatter and again the problem moved to another chord.

I then checked the intonation. Great! 3 or so strings (notably A & D) quite a bit off so thought this would solve my problems. Wrong. Still no change.

Strings are 6 months old, so changed them and checked intonation again. Much better! But still missing the odd note here and there. 

I felt i went very close to 100% on this one but the note recognition failures cost me that last few %. Anyhow....rant over. This is as good as it's gonna get for me!

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uwglio3tvaizdrw/Rocksmith2014%2020140606%20Cranberries-Zombie.jpg

• Like 2