Have We Lost All Of The cDLC On Smithy's Anvil..?

snowdog

Question

correct me if im wrong, but i think that there will not be a massive import of all of the cDLS from SF (due to customsforge needing approval from each contributor for their work) but instead , they are hoping that over time, everyone will repost their work on CF

• Like 1

@up You're correct, that's the rules we should obey.

And that's probably better for us. After all we want to be professionals.

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

• Administrator

Just an aside question, but is http://rscdlc.com/ associated with this site, customsforge.com?  Or is that someone else's archive?

Yes, they will be merged with us today under a new domain - search.customsforge.com. It's not up yet but it will be soon!

Mothman is real and he sold me coke in a dimly lit JC Penney's.

The thread is still there. Maybe it's only visible for donators.

Archived 2014
Forum Topics Posts Last post
Submitted 2014 Packages
[Private] Share your custom charts that you've created for Rocksmith 2014 here!
2,322 28,128 2014-02-17 11:09:26 by steroma
The Workshop
[Private] Stuff being worked on, tools to help build projects and open source packages!
808 7,555 2014-02-17 09:34:52 by Rush
Archived RS1
Forum Topics Posts Last post
Approved RS1 Packages
[Private] Fully completed and approved Rocksmith 2012 packages only.
445 9,065 2014-02-17 02:30:24 by Bestie
Submitted RS1 Packages
[Private] Share your custom charts that you've created for Rocksmith 2012 here!
2,363 24,520 2014-02-17 10:41:27 by AEKARA

yup i think they are trying to cut down on traffic by cutting groups out of certain sections so they don't get any complaints.

i'd get rid of those links or you may find donators the next cut if you leave the door open like that. (not a donator just waiting for things to move over here so i don't need the links thanks though only 2 of them worked.)

Yup, says bad request. Will be a real shame if we lose a shedload of custom songs. Even if charters migrate over here there's no guarantee that they have the links stored somewhere or even still have the psarc files.  :???:

Such a shame if that's the case, we could lose a good few songs.

I can still see the cdlc section as well, but I'm betting in the not so distant future the whole site will just be shut down. There was also a huge members purge apparently. The site went from 30k registered users to 17k. Majere's aim seems to be cutting down traffic as much as possible for now.

alot of links were sendspace which they don't want here anyway as for the rest can't see many people deleting psarc. that they worked hard on. those that migraited over will simply reupload them or use the links that aren't sendspace ones. if we lose songs we lose songs. not like were losing the ability to make them.

• Administrator

Hmmm ... I had donated but never got credit for it. In any case, I hope he cDLC will be available here soon if that is the case.

I'm assuming you mean you donated on here so I added you a donator badge.

Please keep in mind if you do donate, Paypal doesn't tell us your username so please include a note containing your username on the site along with your donation. Thank you!

Mothman is real and he sold me coke in a dimly lit JC Penney's.

I can still see the cdlc section as well, but I'm betting in the not so distant future the whole site will just be shut down. There was also a huge members purge apparently. The site went from 30k registered users to 17k. Majere's aim seems to be cutting down traffic as much as possible for now.

I had suggested on one of my emails to Majere recently that he consider purging old members.  There were pages and pages of people who had registered and never posted anything plus another huge lot that had posted once or twice but hadn't logged in for six months or more.  It didn't make sense to keep that huge list just for bragging rights.  The site is actually much easier to get on and navigate lately since hardly anyone is there, but I have finally given up and asked him to delete my username.

Phil

I had suggested on one of my emails to Majere recently that he consider purging old members.  There were pages and pages of people who had registered and never posted anything plus another huge lot that had posted once or twice but hadn't logged in for six months or more.  It didn't make sense to keep that huge list just for bragging rights.  The site is actually much easier to get on and navigate lately since hardly anyone is there, but I have finally given up and asked him to delete my username.

Phil

Why would the number of registered users bother you?  And why would it have anything at all to do with "getting on and navigating"?  I was an original donator on SA and didn't login for a long time, and came back one day to find my account gone.  Majere restored it and gave me back my donator status, but I don't understand the aggressive purging of accounts.  What, all those user ids in the database are making it too "heavy"?  Like my wife who says she doesn't install apps on her phone because it "slows it down".

• Like 1

I'm assuming you mean you donated on here so I added you a donator badge.

Please keep in mind if you do donate, Paypal doesn't tell us your username so please include a note containing your username on the site along with your donation. Thank you!

oops, don't think I put my username along with my donation... not sure... ok looks like I did... sorry about this useless post... ;-(