Sections, Phrasing and Fret Hand positions in EoF

orcomarcio

Question

Hi everyone :),

I'm having some trouble trying to phrasing and setting the fret hand position in my CDLC:

1) When setting the fret hand position I select the note and press Shif+F and the i write down the fret number (i assumed the number correspond to the index placement) but when i change the fret hand potion on the following note it over-writes the previous. What am i doing wrong?

Also, is therethe possibility to have a note standing outside the 4 fret hand "rails" (i would like to have a note sliding in the fret hand rails from outisde)?

2) I have also a problem with phrasing, as far as i understand you have to select the fisrt note of a phrase and then doing Beat>Rocksmith>PlaceRsPhrase (or doinf Shift+P) and naming it. I tried and i kinda worked but when i go to name the next section it overwtrite the previous (i name the first phrase intro, the i select hte first note of the next frase and i name i verse but it simply change the name of the first)http://s29.postimg.org/nvy7zmchj/phrasing.png

Here is a screenshot, the arrow points to the note i select to create the first phrase, the first note of the next phrase is out of the vision on teh far right.

Also, I don't understand in general the difference between phrases and segments and how they work.

The last thing is, once i declared a section, is there a way to make it repeat without copy paste it? (it would be nice because you wouldn't have to replace it everywhere after modifications)

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

• Administrator

The fret hand position is placed where the green bar indicator is.

If a note is outside of the standard 4 fret length, RS will adjust the length so that the fret hand position get all the fret.

Know that an automatic fret hand position definition exist and works pretty good.

For section and phrases, it is placed on the selected beat (-->) and not on the selected note.

Section are the selectable part of a song in RS riff repeater and phrases are repeated part of a song for dynamic difficulty.

And i think there is a copy paste fonction for section and phrases.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Administrator

the waveform moved with the leading silence but you should move the beat map to set on the waveform and not the other way since the beat map will move when you add a leading silence if you check this option.To erase a beat marker, you can go directly to Beat->All event and delete those you don't want or need from there or select the associated beat and go to Beat->Event to delete it.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

I'll send you back to the tutorial list for the beat map sync part : http://customsforge.com/topic/5577-tutorial-list

Don't know about the fret hand position and copy. I always use the automatic fret hand position definition and if i need to readjust some by hand after.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Last question, how do i move the beat map/grid? :P

Edit: also, if i copy a segment of notes with the rihgt fret hand position and i past it elsewhere, does it bring the fret hand postion as well?

@@orcomarcio

You're going to have to restart your project. Don't feel bad about it, it's part of the learning process (I restarted my first custom three times until I figured things out).

The first step in creating a custom is setting the beatmap. If you haven't done that, then everything else you've done will be off -- and you're going to have to redo most of its anyway once you get the beatmap set.

So it's just easier to toss everything out and start all over again. 

There are tons of tutorials at this point. Probably too many to wade through right now.

But your basic process should be something like this:

1. New file.

2. Estimate BPM

3. Set time signature at first beat marker.

4. Drag first beat marker to the start of the waveform.

5. Save. Say yes.

6. Set beatmap, (starting with dragging the original first beat marker back into place if it moved).

7. Import notes. Make sure they're snapped to the grid.

8. Set sections/phrases.

9. Use EOF to set the fret hand positions.