creating cdlc

devindog23

Question

9 answers to this question

From my experience it takes a bit of effort to create a CDLC. The first one I created took me about a week and I asked for help. I didn't post it because someone had already posted it. The second one I did which is the the first one I posted took me a weekend to do. The next one I make will take me a day to do. The way I approach it is the same as learning a song. The first time you see a tab it looks rather difficult and you question whether you will be able to do it. When you eventually learn the song you say to yourself how is easy was that. It's the same with making a DLCD. At the beginning it's overwhelming but with a bit if persevere you will do it. Just treat it like learning the guitar it's all about repetition and perseverance. I'm not a tech head or a programmer. I'm 47 yrs old and I didn't grow up with computers. I sent my first email in 2005 and if I can create a DLCD any one can. Just give it a go. The first one you create may not be the best but who cares. The next one will be better and eventually you will create a good one. Its all about giving it a go, maybe its the Aussie attitude in me but if I can do it you can.

• Like 1

From my experience it takes a bit oif effort to create a CDLC. The first one I created took me about a week and I asked for help. I didn't post it because someone had already posted.it. The second one I did which is the the first one I posted took me a weekend to do. The next one I make will take me a day to do. The way I approach it is the same as learning a song. The first time you see a tab it looks rather difficult and you question whether you will be able to do it. When you eventually learn the song you say to yourself how is easy was that. It's the same with making a DLCD. At the beginning it's overwhelming but with a bit if persevere you will do it. Just treat it like learning the guitar it's all about repetition and perseverance. I'm not a tech head I'm 47 yrs old and I didn't grow up with computers and if I can create a DLCD any one can. Just give it a go.‏

I've never created one yet, but I am currently trying to learn how. It seems to me with what liittle I've tried to do with it, that the hardest part of creating them is getting the Tempo synched between the song file itself, and the tempo settings in EoF. Once you can get it to that point, the rest does not seem as daunting to me. Sure, editing all the details of the individual notes for each track after the synch is completed is almost certainly not very easy, and I am sure takes a fair bit of time and work. But getting the tempo synched correctly seems to me, at least at this very early stage of figuring this stuff out, to be the most difficult part of this.

But then again, I am a complete beginner at creating CDLC, so I am probably wrong. hahaha...

I've never created one yet, but I am currently trying to learn how. It seems to me with what liittle I've tried to do with it, that the hardest part of creating them is getting the Tempo synched between the song file itself, and the tempo settings in EoF. Once you can get it to that point, the rest does not seem as daunting to me. Sure, editing all the details of the individual notes for each track after the synch is completed is almost certainly not very easy, and I am sure takes a fair bit of time and work. But getting the tempo synched correctly seems to me, at least at this very early stage of figuring this stuff out, to be the most difficult part of this.

But then again, I am a complete beginner at creating CDLC, so I am probably wrong. hahaha...

You are absolutely right, but maybe in a more complicated way than you are aware. The trick is getting the song synched while keeping all of the notes on the appropriate beat markers. A few tricks that help with this:

- As a rule, don't move notes to match the beat, move beats to match the beat, leave the notes alone so that they preserve their relative rhythm

- If you are importing tab, then start synching at the beginning of the song and move to the end - DON"T SKIP FORWARD. When you double back you will find that your notes have all slipped off their marks

- If your notes do slip slightly, turn on your grid snap to 1/16 (for most songs), select all of the notes, and press ctrl+r (resnap)

Once you start figuring out the tricks, then the beats will start making more sense, and DDC will start working properly.

"When we were young the world was like a vision - the colours and the sounds they took our breath away. But now we watch it all on television while eating processed meat out of a plastic tray." -NoMeansNo

My Customs

You are absolutely right, but maybe in a more complicated way than you are aware. The trick is getting the song synched while keeping all of the notes on the appropriate beat markers. A few tricks that help with this:

- As a rule, don't move notes to match the beat, move beats to match the beat, leave the notes alone so that they preserve their relative rhythm

- If you are importing tab, then start synching at the beginning of the song and move to the end - DON"T SKIP FORWARD. When you double back you will find that your notes have all slipped off their marks

- If your notes do slip slightly, turn on your grid snap to 1/16 (for most songs), select all of the notes, and press ctrl+r (resnap)

Once you start figuring out the tricks, then the beats will start making more sense, and DDC will start working properly.

Thanks for those tips, Deratio! I've sort of run into some of that already, and figured out what I did wrong. But it's good to see some conformation of that. My biggest problem is the song I chose is pretty easy, but it doesn't start on 1. I'm gonna try a different song today that I know starts on 1, and see how that one goes. Once I can learn this all a bit better, perhaps I'll go back to the one I already tried. But I'm about to listen to a lot of songs to choose another to try. haha... :)

My initial attempt tonight actually worked. I played it in game, and was shocked it worked. haha...

Now I just need to clean it up a bit, fix some of the tab I imported, and tab out the Outro myself. I'll probably play around with DD a bit too, just to keep my education going. And make sure that the RR works the way I want it to. But overall it was fun to screw around with. The hard part now is tomorrow, trying to clean it up. Hopefully I won't just sit there and play it in the game all day. haha... But with any luck, maybe I'll have something to upload here in another day or three.

Thanks to all for their help! Especially Deratio, who was almost always there with an answer to my questions in the Chat! hehe :)