Dealing with slight differences with band names

Vlowman

Question

Hi All,

Quick question - if I've got a bunch of songs appearing as 'Black Keys' and another bunch of songs appearing further down the in-game list as 'The Black Keys', is there a simple way edit the files so as to create one big group of 'Black Keys' songs?

Thanks!

7 answers to this question

The toolkit has 2 options, 1 for "Song Title" and the other for "Song Title Sort".

The Black Keys being the name

Black Keys being sort name.

Not everyone sets the sort up the way we all want, so 20 seconds with the toolkit (Import package then change the sort name and hit generate) will fix your issues.

• Like 1

The toolkit has 2 options, 1 for "Song Title" and the other for "Song Title Sort".

The Black Keys being the name

Black Keys being sort name.

Not everyone sets the sort up the way we all want, so 20 seconds with the toolkit (Import package then change the sort name and hit generate) will fix your issues.

I really appreciate you trying to help me. I must be a bit dim or something because I quite work it out. This is what I'm doing:

1) Click 'Import Package'. This takes me to file explorer where I select a song that I want changing. Rather than loading this song up in the editor, I get another file explorer window.

2) Select the folder which contains the songs (though now I can't see any of the individual files) and click 'Select folder'.

3) This now takes me back to the editor with the song is loaded up.

4) Now I change the wording to just 'Black Keys'.

5) It is at this point that I lose my way. Selecting 'Save package' brings up a warning ie. 'Song preview not found'. If I go through with it anyway, it creates a folder full of files as well as another separate file, none of which I recognise as a psarc.

Could you help please?!! Many thanks.

You are so close to having it sorted. Save package is to save a preset of the dlc name and details - so if you need to update it later, you don't have to mess about entering all the info again.You want to hit the "generate" button to make the package with the correct details.

You are so close to having it sorted. Save package is to save a preset of the dlc name and details - so if you need to update it later, you don't have to mess about entering all the info again.You want to hit the "generate" button to make the package with the correct details.

Thanks so much for the help. There were still a couple of things I needed to figure out, which I'll explain here in case anyone else comes looking for similar advice.

So, after I hit 'generate' I still got a 'song preview not found' error, but clicked 'yes' to continue anyway. This created a folder and another separate file in my DLC folder. None of these were, or seemed to contain a psarc file. My original file was also unchanged.

However, after deleting all these, I noticed a new psarc file in the DLC folder. It wasn't labelled as a version 2 file, like the original, but it was 'Black keys' rather than 'The Black Keys'.

At first it didn't show up in the game, but then I repacked it using the App ID that I always use and....

I've loaded it up and it seems to work and is indeed listed under 'B' rather than 'T'.

So.... awesome! Took a while, but got there in the end.

Thanks for all the advice!