How do you spend your time in RS?

Vathau

Question

So I'm curious when in RS what modes do you mainly use? I'll start:

Learn a song - 75%

Score Attack - 20%

Gruitarcade - 0%

Lessons - 5%

I like the fact that score attack has only 3 (not counting master mode) difficulties, I like this better than the learn a song counterpart where the song keeps changing and often changes the difficulty to slow or too fast. However I still use learn a song mostly because of two reasons, 1) the annoying beeps and buzzers that you hear in score attack and 2) for some reason I find the score attack song list less nice than the one of learn a song (recently found that you can start score attack from the learn a song menu so this is actually a non-issue).

So what do you do and why do you do that?

edit: forgot about lessons.

Edited by Vathau

Learn a song - 50%

Score Attack - 5%

Nonstop play - 5%

Guitarcade - 5%

Lessons - 25%

Score Attack isn't played much, because (you mentioned) the disturbing buzzers. I don't think that Guitarcade helps really much, but from time to time i'm looking into this area just if i'm to lazy to practise :-). I use Nonstop Play to get known with all songs that are available in the program ... to learn them step by step in Learn A Song. Finally i'm doing the lessons over and over again to enhance my abilites on the guitar.

I used to stick too lean a song  but im getting to a stage now I have to memorise the fret board to make my life easier and get some dexterity. I could be going about this the wrong way this is what i do now.

15 minutes of ducks redux,

learn a song then,

15 minutes of string saloon,

lean a song,

15 minutes of scale racer

and repeat  as many times as i can bear. Im slowly improving very slowly though but a lot better than when i started. I was stuck on 60ish percent of pour some sugar on me since doing teh above daily im at 95% on the song now. I dont know if its repeatedly playing the song or doing both thats helping

I've only had RS & RS2014 since Christmas, but here's my current approximate breakdown in respects to the Bass. When I start using a Guitar with RS2014 I'm sure most of these percentages will change. Except maybe Session, I do enjoy just jamming in there sometimes. hehe...

Learn a Song - 70%

Session -  20%

Score Attack - 5%

Lessons - 3%

Guitarcade - 2%

I've only been playing since Christmas 2013, too. I started out mostly in Learn a Song, but after getting 86% in Blitzkrieg Bop, and bogging down in some of the other 'easier' songs, I've drifted more toward Session Mode, GuitarCade and Lessons. I really need to learn scales, but I don't particularly like Scale Warriors. But, I persist.

Session Mode  50% (learning scales)

GuitarCade      20%

Learn A Song   20%

Lessons             5%

Tone Designer   4%

The rest...          1%

Hard to give percentages. I'm 140 hours in, starting from the beginning of November (although I only switched to the lead path in late December -- so probably 90 hours or so on Lead).

Nearly all of my time is spent in one of the Learn a Song iterations -- the Riff Repeater and Learn a Song for the new songs I'm working on. Every three or four days I'll do my Nonstop Play List, which is up to about 15 songs now and about 45-50 minutes of play.

I'm mostly working through the catalog of official RS1 and RS2014 songs plus the few DLCs I bought (less than 10, since most of the DLCs don't interest me). At this point, I've learned 25 of the official RS songs, and continue to work on 15 or so (using Nonstop Play). I've started working on some of the CDLCs too, but I prefer working through the official catalog first. The CDLCs are like the candy after eating my vegetables!

Once in a while I'll hit up the Lessons section (I'm not a beginner guitarist, I'm at the intermediate level -- one of those people who should be a better guitarist than I actually am).

Every now and then (every 2-3 weeks) I'll wank out in Session Mode for a few minutes. But without any real-world chord progressions, that gets frustrating really quickly. I'd be more likely to use it if they gave us a heads-up about the next chord to come. And if the progressions actually stuck to the same key, instead of shifting about randomly.

I see no point in Score Attack, but I'm not in this for the competition.

Guitarcade sucks, I don't bother with that at all anymore. Maybe if they give us a god mode and cut out the long load screens between rounds.

Learn a song 100 percent of the time lol. I only use RS to learn the songs and maybe gain practice, but most I only use RS to learn songs and then I practice the rest such as my speed outside the game.

Guitars owned:

Schecter Damien Platinum-6 FR (EMG 85-81) | Ibanez GRG20Z | B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Warbeast (EMG 85-81) | Jackson Pro King V KVT (Duncan SH-6).

Playing since:

November 11, 2013.

Favorite Genre:

Heavy Metal \m/ (specifically Death Metal, Power Metal, etc. and the heavier stuff) 

^ (I love that VM Jag :thumbsup:)

For lead/rhythm:

Nonstop 60% - I'll sort by mastery, and do a quick run through of any 0%-10% songs in a specific tuning,

25% of the time I split between Learn a Song/Riff Repeater for any passages I need to hammer out.

5% is Guitarcade or challenges.

10% is watching the lessons with my son, or helping him do his playthroughs.

For Bass:

90% Nonstop

10%Games/Challenges

md_sig-e1431714006358.jpg

Despite it's drawbacks I really find guitarcade useful (maybe because i'm a beginner, approx. 200 h spent with guitar in my life :) )

So typical session looks like : 

getting one or two missions in session mode to warm up,

some guitarcade,

2,3 attemps in learn a song/ score attack

some guitarcade

2,3 attemps in learn a song/ score attack

I think it would split like : 

session  mode : 10 %

guitarcade : 30 %

learn a song : 30 %

score attack : 20%

lessons : 10%

Learn a song - 80%

Score Attack - 0%

Guitarcade - 5%

Lessons - 15%

Even though I'm only learning guitar, i find it easier to go straight into a song i know and love and play it over and over, i seem to pick up the chords better thay way, lessons i do do occasionally, but then can never get them perfect (ie the bends i have still yet to complete) so give up on them and switch back to learn a song.

So I'm curious when in RS what modes do you mainly use? I'll start:

Learn a song - 75%

Score Attack - 20%

Gruitarcade - 0%

Lessons - 5%

well, for me this is:

Testing my customs = 100% time

:lol: :lol:

really

learn song 95% 

Others 5% :mrgreen:

My workshop   Youtube Channel    Twitch Channel   Green Day Discography Project

If there is a problem with my CDLC or just want to reply my message, please don't forget to quote me or mention me, in this way I will receive the notification and I will answer you.

buy rocksmith g2a ref link: https://www.g2a.com/r/tryrocksmith

earn money with g2a: https://www.g2a.com/goldmine/join/us/B5FPMA73 ref link 

My favorite song:

[sharedmedia=videos:videos:881]

I'm searching tab for these songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7npnaQ2L-wA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUSOER-pTa4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASc1dR1i9MQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_7-7zSoprI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVPfduXRi10

If anyone can help me please send me a pm

I typically do almost all of my time in game in nonstop play and the occasional venture into Learn A Song when I've got something I'm not too familiar with. I rarely use any of the other features in the game at all. I also split my time between lead, rhythm, and bass depending on my mood on any given day.

Always set to 90 minutes and all songs then I'll just skip songs I'm not interested in at the time or skip to particular tunings I want to try out.