Session Mode- Decay rate and note detection

mjmiller1824

Question

So for some reason when tapping in session mode it detects less intensity? If the section I play is long enough it will just stop the music. I think this might be related to another problem I'm having which is since the most recent update, the session band seems to decay (stop playing) much faster at any little pause in the guitar part. Is there a way to change the decay rate hiding in an .ini file somewhere? 

5 answers to this question

You might want to recalibrate in RS, I don't have a lot of problem, it's not perfect, but I can easily stay in the middle if I want to.

Yeah, I was using a guitar with active pickups, which was part of the problem. But frankly, I can't be bothered with session mode. Maybe if they ever gave us the chord progressions. Maybe if they ever actually used true chord progressions.

• Administrator

Chords are just a composition of notes so once you look at the fretboard you see which chords are available to play and it works like a charm for me.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Chords are just a composition of notes so once you look at the fretboard you see which chords are available to play and it works like a charm for me.

Too much going on for me to be able to do that. And it would make a hell of lot more sense if they'd just give a little ticker letting you know what the upcoming chords will be. Instead of the useless dynamics meter.

Better yet, they should allow us to choose or even set our own chord progression. The 12-bar setting sort of makes sense, though it seems to stray pretty far from a standard 12-bar blues progression. But after that, it's just soup. None of the chord progressions sound anything at all like actual music.

Pretty frustrating considering there are MANY standard rock chord progressions. Dozens. They could easily have given us a few of those to work with, instead of the mess they created. At the least, they could have chosen progressions that all stay within the same key.

I realize some people are perfectly happy with session mode. To me, it's a big waste of time. But then, I'm not really into endlessly noodling solos anyway.