Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 502

Hi @ Mikson , first of all, thank you for another great week!   

On 6/4/2023 at 3:34 AM, Mikson said:

Wow 2x 100% and once over 99.5% in the song Madness. This is madness! 😁 I left diff rating 7 as it was in the selection sheet, but now I don't know if it should be 6.5 or you guys are that good. @ aNDESmASAMUNE  @ Hyphema  @ BubbleWrapDragon  Do you think that the diff 7 is too much and you prefer to stay in the advanced class or someone wants to be promoted to the masterclass?

Yes, in retrospect I think the rating was a bit too high if it meant being promoted to masterclass... I still feel I am new here and I am not ready at all to start competing in masterclass, so I will stay in advance for now, as you correctly guessed. I haven't even tried many of the masterclass bass songs cause they seem a bit intimidating, but I guess I should challenge myself if I want to get promoted in the future... (I need to add that I suck at slap, so I need to master that if I ever want to be in the masterclass 😅 ) 

• Like 1

Hello World-Wide Championship!!!! 🌏

WEEK 502, here we go!!!!! 🤟🎶🎸

---

In the past, I used to consider Daft Punk to be music for the preppy guys or "fresa" as we call them in Mexico, in opposition to "us" the "rockers", who may be actually poorer... But those memories are in the past and I somehow "reconciled" a bit with Daft Punk 😂 

Anyway, as a song, playing this is quite enjoyable actually 🎶

AF0lJwq.jpg]

TbxkVxw.jpg

g4WF1JB.jpg

---

Didn't know Clutch, but I like this song!!

XhEjIna.jpg

--

When I was listening for the first time to the song selection for this week, my daughter started to laugh out loud watching the video for Number One with the girls screaming and the children playing! 🤣 

iVKfrlb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A great song to play on all paths, a song I recently discovered while randomly downloading a CDLC. Some problems with diff rating, because rhythm and bass have basically the same chart, so the difference in difficulty should be 1-1.5 (bass is usually harder to play). So, bass 5.5, although it may be 6. Rhythm was 3 at first, but I changed it to 4.

20230507171631-1.jpg

20230508205437-1.jpg

20230511233120-1.jpg

• Like 3

On 6/4/2023 at 12:41 PM, jellisjenius said:

Probably a good way to get used to playing octaves...should be higher than a 2.5 IMO just because I don't consider that a beginner skill, but it's a super slow tempo and a chill track:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

@ jellisjenius Well just be glad that Mikson didnt use my rating cause I gave it a 1 when I suggested it heheh. 
I think the number he gave is alright.. 
its short (although doesnt feel like it)..its slow(like you mentioned).. only 164 notes and its one riff through out.. all of which makes it easy to play without looking/ or memorize it
Octaves imo should be a begginer skill since its one of the simpler chords/ more likely to learn first and its used in alot of pop music.

• Like 3

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

16 minutes ago, cacahuate51 said:

@ jellisjenius Well just be glad that Mikson didnt use my rating cause I gave it a 1 when I suggested it heheh. 
I think the number he gave is alright.. 
its short (although doesnt feel like it)..its slow(like you mentioned).. only 164 notes and its one riff through out.. all of which makes it easy to play without looking/ or memorize it
Octaves imo should be a begginer skill since its one of the simpler chords/ more likely to learn first and its used in alot of pop music.

Fair point, it probably depends on the individual. 

• Like 2

Sight views:
XEjwbdK.jpg
well ig this one technicly doesnt count as a sight view since the first time i played it was sometime before i suggested it. Good to see Dells charts in the championship 🙂 
E55ob1J.jpg
yea pretty fun song i wouldnt mind keeping it
hYDWv2R.jpg
huh interesting i thought it was a take on la bamba by los lobos..but looking at their album cover seems like they're a beatles mock band so.. a take on twist and shout? Never heard of them before might check them out.
the way its tabbed made it a bit more difficult than it could be for me but yea it was nice.

ownXn3I.jpg
my bass dont detect too well in d standard 

• Like 5

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

Hello World-Wide Championship!!!! 🌏 Greetings from the far east.

It's a bit late but couldn't go to bed before this! 🤟🎶

---

I think I should check other Clutch songs! 

It took me some practice to get a microscopic improvement in this song in bass and reach the same level in Rhythm... (By the way, I always struggle with the spelling of "Rhythm"😅 )  I was planning to play the lead as well but enough for today... 

7cIf1oq.jpg

3t22hU9.jpg

• Like 5