Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 501

spacer.png

I tried the lead path also. 

spacer.png

Damn I think I missed two notes (could be more, I noticed two mistakes) and the other one was the freaking power cord lol, somehow the game didn't register it. Because of that power cord I didn't get perfect phrase and that's why I didn't get the platinum. I tried so hard to get 100% but today I can't get it. This song is so good!

spacer.png

• Like 6

• Milo pinned this topic
  • Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Pinned this and unpinned the last 30 weeks of championship posts, so that people can once again find the rules, guides and such from the forums 🙂

• Like 3

Latest championship entries (click each timestamp to see the full screenshot.)

2 hours ago, Razrshred said:

RSC guest appearance, my band mate @ basslifecrisis  on bass, we did this album playthrough with our drummer playing along as well, it was fun!

Damn, that sounds like an awesome session! 🤘

• Like 3

Latest championship entries (click each timestamp to see the full screenshot.)

Lead

Easy chart, but some weird chords in final part (classic G5 power chord with e string at 5th fret).

20230527185151-1.jpg

Simply the best. 🙂  I was hesitant as to whether this would fit as a difficult beginner, but I think there are some technical licks here more for intermediate level.

20230526221517-1.jpg

A nice song with an interesting chart and a short but quite difficult solo. 

I have some problems with this, because @ Hameron  mainly uses pitched slides in his CDLCs, which is often difficult for Rocksmith to detect, especially with long slides or chord slides.

20230527182926-1.jpg

I really like this band, especially for their melodic riffs. But this is damn fast...

20230320205656-1.jpg

• Like 3

I forgot to add Frozen Crown song as an intermediate bonus in bass path. I updated first post with the selection, tuning is B-Standard but if anyone wants to play for fun, go ahead. 😉 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mikson said:

Lead

Easy chart, but some weird chords in final part (classic G5 power chord with e string at 5th fret).

20230527185151-1.jpg

Simply the best. 🙂  I was hesitant as to whether this would fit as a difficult beginner, but I think there are some technical licks here more for intermediate level.

20230526221517-1.jpg

A nice song with an interesting chart and a short but quite difficult solo. 

I have some problems with this, because @ Hameron  mainly uses pitched slides in his CDLCs, which is often difficult for Rocksmith to detect, especially with long slides or chord slides.

20230527182926-1.jpg

I really like this band, especially for their melodic riffs. But this is damn fast...

20230320205656-1.jpg

Sorry, man. I guess it does make it more difficult to get to 100%. I tend to make slides pitched when I can "hear" the notes move up or down. And unpitched if it's just a screech.

Where were you having the most trouble getting detection? The typical Whitesnake low E string slide down, or the "Buildup" part where there are some 7/14 slides on the A string followed by the 12th fret G triad? Or somewhere else.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Hameron said:

Sorry, man. I guess it does make it more difficult to get to 100%. I tend to make slides pitched when I can "hear" the notes move up or down. And unpitched if it's just a screech.

Where were you having the most trouble getting detection? The typical Whitesnake low E string slide down, or the "Buildup" part where there are some 7/14 slides on the A string followed by the 12th fret G triad? Or somewhere else.

No problem, I've played at least a couple of your CDLCs and somehow remembered that there's always a lot of slides in there. Maybe it's just because you're doing CDLCs from bands that slide a lot on the fretboard 😉 

Here I was mainly talking about distant slides (like 19 -> 2), of which there are several in the song, and, for example, this chord slide at the end, where I always get a miss. But don't worry, I've played it now and I'm doing better, so if you think these slides should end at those exact frets, that's fine.

20230530203204-1.jpg

20230530204635-1.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BubbleWrapDragon said:

Are there any tips & tricks on how to improve Rocksmith's recognition of natural harmonics? 
I have trouble with the Whitesnake song picking them up consistently 😫

Hard to say. For me, in some songs RS recognizes harmonics well and in others poorly. I think it can be affected by used tone, probably quality and settings of the guitar you play also matter.

• Like 4

BD61AD50C4217AD33DE53185C246B98A405066B8 (1280×720)

• Like 3

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

19 hours ago, BubbleWrapDragon said:

Are there any tips & tricks on how to improve Rocksmith's recognition of natural harmonics? 
I have trouble with the Whitesnake song picking them up consistently 😫

Yeah, I am having the same issue and it's pretty frustrating! Did a lot of riff repeating just in this part... I have to play the harmonics very loud and many times to get them recognized, but sometimes doesn't work.

I  am giving up and just playing it as a normal note in the same fret, which gets recognized by RS. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aNDESmASAMUNE said:

Yeah, I am having the same issue and it's pretty frustrating! Did a lot of riff repeating just in this part... I have to play the harmonics very loud and many times to get them recognized, but sometimes doesn't work.

I  am giving up and just playing it as a normal note in the same fret, which gets recognized by RS. 

Are you guys talking about the series of harmonics starting with 4-7-5 on the D string, etc.? You might be able to substitute that 4 with a 7th fret B string harmonic.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aNDESmASAMUNE said:

Turning my Tone knob to 0 and keeping the neck pickup and the double coils on my PRS made a big improvement for me, it's still not picking it up 100%, but close to it, or I'm not accurate enough to make it 100% 😅 (But they sound pretty spot-on to me)

• Like 2

harddd for me and no time to play, but I like it a lot
I discovered that the band is italian! Unexpected https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frozen_Crown
And also great that they have female guitar players, the one writing and playing this song is Thalia Bellazecca, also lefty 
A band full of surprises

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, avastreg said:

harddd for me and no time to play, but I like it a lot
I discovered that the band is italian! Unexpected https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frozen_Crown
And also great that they have female guitar players, the one writing and playing this song is Thalia Bellazecca, also lefty 
A band full of surprises

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

You're italian and you didn't know this was an italian band, wtf? xd But actually, when I started listening to Riverside, I didn't know this was a Polish band either, because they sing only in English, so I even understand 🙂 

It's nice that the band publishes guitar playgrounds for some songs: e.g. for this one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ahhh... THE best band for beginner guitarists of all time. love metric

45756907rq.jpg

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

good file, @ Mikson - it´s fun

45756941bx.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

that´s for my grandma, 92y, who has been diagnosed a kidney tumor yesterday and is undergoing surgery right now. So send some waves of strength over to austria if you can.

45756975ps.jpg

• Like 7