Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 31

Joey

So I got to the moment when I'm able to play perfect intro at 75% speed :P

Intermediate Lead - 85%, 62 streak:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3318337467254679754/1035FF048308478FDED3CD13D629FB195FFC3EE4/

Intermediate Rhythm - 85%, 71 streak:

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3318337467254700961/3EF86C64916DD23C9FB24CAD7DD1CB4E59BE4442/

That was first time when I played Trooper's Rhythm o.O Never expected something like that... What have I played?

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Here's my entry for intermediate class. Actually first time through and RR was only used to max the difficulty. (Failed the song twice in score attack)

http://i.imgur.com/Awlpr8b.jpg

And I kinda feel like I was cheating. I learned this song back in the mid 80's on an acoustic guitar!

http://i.imgur.com/TWA9L4R.jpg

Poor book has been around the world (literally) but I still have it!

• Like 2

More Alice Cooper coming!

@@Flannathir Added, Be careful, do not fall in MC with your score  in rhythm on next week . :mrgreen:

Ok, heres the deal. I have chosen my classes for a couple reasons;

1) I am a bass player at heart and an average guitar player (I do suck at solo's).

2) Every week I would like to make an official entry for all three songs. But as I can't do them all on bass, I figure that this way makes the most sense to me. (I know I can enter them all on bass, but they don't count).

3) I have only started to pick up my guitar again after over a year because of this championship.

That being said, if I am forced into another class for a particular arrangement (LRB) I will no longer participate in that arrangement. I'm not mad, but that is the way it's going to be for me. :D

That being said, if I am forced into another class for a particular arrangement (LRB) I will no longer participate in that arrangement. I'm not mad, but that is the way it's going to be for me. :D

I think that you can always play in class you want, your score will simply be not taken into account. You can always try to get 100% or play in Master Mode, what can make your name being honorably mantioned by Joey (aka Krazyone).

I will try to learn as much as I can and I will probably focus more on rhythm (I don't think that I'll try to learn this solo, maybe try to get hand in it, so I'll be able to play like 2/3 of the notes). My latest run were ofcourse a little of mad picking, but some RR and I'll be getting better at playing the way it should be played.

And what is expected - next class will always be too difficult at start but it will only help to improve. I remeber when playing Guitar Hero, I felt that I should get 5 stars (max) on each song before going for Hard. Black Widow of La Porte was giving me hard time, so I jumped into Hard and my skills improved in no time.

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

@@Flannathir I was right, you don`t want leveled up class :)

Causes is clear.

May be Joey something say about your way.  Dont want unnecessarily strain a peoples my crap language.

P.s i want ask you, is big  difference between a real bass and emulated bass? I tried emulated, and dont like it, bad sound, lag, no fun - little notes. Maybe i must try real bass (then i need buy the bass)? Or it like you love the bass, and i love the guitar? :)

@

I did start to play bass emulated, and your right. Terrible sound and defiantly not the same. But I did enjoy it and went out and bought a (relatively cheap) starter bass. After 30+ years plunking around on a guitar I finally figured out that all this time I should of been playing bass! I have more time in the past year of playing bass than all the years I spent playing guitar. (First one ever was acoustic in 1977)

Heya ! So i tried The Intermediate song for this week. And im not sure if Im going to participate this week more. The song is way too hard for me. I only got this score, because i was randomly taping the frets and rocksmith recognised some of them. I feel theres a huge gap between Intermediate and Begginer and I noticed this earlier when I tried other intermediate songs. Theres no way I could learn the solo and I would have to spend tons and tons of time to improve my other parts. I feel the difficulty should be lowered OR the should be another class added -> between intermediate and master, and lower intermediate. It doesnt feel good when I get this score from only smashing my guitar around. And when I participate I want to learn the whole song and be able to play it. Not only bits and pieces. Dont take me wrong, Im not complaining, I appreciate all your hard work.  Im just pointing out things that could be improved. 

I dunno.  Your first run was an 81%.  If you start off 90% or higher, are you really going to LEARN anything from the song?  Many of these songs we start off with a first attempt in the 60s and work our way up into the 90s.  It's more gratifying to see progress than to start at the max level.  If I start at the max level, the song is purely for fun rather than gaining anything from playing it.

Heya ! So i tried The Intermediate song for this week. And im not sure if Im going to participate this week more. The song is way too hard for me. I only got this score, because i was randomly taping the frets and rocksmith recognised some of them. I feel theres a huge gap between Intermediate and Begginer and I noticed this earlier when I tried other intermediate songs. Theres no way I could learn the solo and I would have to spend tons and tons of time to improve my other parts. I feel the difficulty should be lowered OR the should be another class added -> between intermediate and master, and lower intermediate. It doesnt feel good when I get this score from only smashing my guitar around. And when I participate I want to learn the whole song and be able to play it. Not only bits and pieces. Dont take me wrong, Im not complaining, I appreciate all your hard work.  Im just pointing out things that could be improved. 

I dunno.  Your first run was an 81%.  If you start off 90% or higher, are you really going to LEARN anything from the song?  Many of these songs we start off with a first attempt in the 60s and work our way up into the 90s.  It's more gratifying to see progress than to start at the max level.  If I start at the max level, the song is purely for fun rather than gaining anything from playing it.

Opps didn't want the whole quote but any way,

My thought about learning something from a thing you can beat easily: You only stop learning when you're dead. If you think that you wont gain anything, than you are basically closed minded. Even something as simple as muscle memory of a specific scale. ( I do own the Bass Grimoire  that has literately thousands of scales). 

That and the whole purpose of this championship IS to have fun.

:)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=263989644 I've tried this a few more times since but kept forgetting to screen shot it. I'll have another practice tomorrow :)

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

Opps didn't want the whole quote but any way,

My thought about learning something from a thing you can beat easily: You only stop learning when you're dead. If you think that you wont gain anything, than you are basically closed minded. Even something as simple as muscle memory of a specific scale. ( I do own the Bass Grimoire  that has literately thousands of scales). 

That and the whole purpose of this championship IS to have fun.

:)

thanks for the replies guys. I'm gonna try and imrove. All in all this is my first intermediate week. I just wanted to point out, pretty much exactly the same thing Hohy posted :D It feels like im not going to get any better at this song. :P

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

Guys you all have to remember when we first picked up the guitar as a beginner and we didn't even know how to tune it it was very intimidating. As time passed and you learned your chords and some scales and maybe even a song or two you got more confident. These new songs are always going to be very intimidating when you first see them but after a few plays they will start becoming more familiar and your hands will start picking things up faster and faster each play. You may even learn a different part of the song better after each play which will help you learn the song as well. Don't be intimidated by a song when you first see it because if you do you will always have that defeatist attitude that you feel its too hard for you.  This has happened to me many times during the start of a week sometimes I will think I have no chance at playing the song but after i get over my fear of the song and keep practicing it I end up scoring in the top every week. Some songs are just to extreme for my level of skill so I won't compete with people like Mr Pi or Thrallsa or some of the other MC participants but I let that push me each week to get better. If I can get even 5% close to them I feel like I accomplished something. I am sure some of you feel that way about others in this competition and have silent rivalries with others here and thats what this is all about. You set your own goal that no one has to know and when you accomplish it it feels great. 

• Like 1

Guys you all have to remember when we first picked up the guitar as a beginner and we didn't even know how to tune it it was very intimidating. As time passed and you learned your chords and some scales and maybe even a song or two you got more confident. These new songs are always going to be very intimidating when you first see them but after a few plays they will start becoming more familiar and your hands will start picking things up faster and faster each play. You may even learn a different part of the song better after each play which will help you learn the song as well. Don't be intimidated by a song when you first see it because if you do you will always have that defeatist attitude that you feel its too hard for you.  This has happened to me many times during the start of a week sometimes I will think I have no chance at playing the song but after i get over my fear of the song and keep practicing it I end up scoring in the top every week. Some songs are just to extreme for my level of skill so I won't compete with people like Mr Pi or Thrallsa or some of the other MC participants but I let that push me each week to get better. If I can get even 5% close to them I feel like I accomplished something. I am sure some of you feel that way about others in this competition and have silent rivalries with others here and thats what this is all about. You set your own goal that no one has to know and when you accomplish it it feels great. 

I've passed through that. I remember that my first riffs were Nothing Else Matters and Smoke On The Water, and there i started to learn chords and all the guitar techniques with my guitar teacher. Then i started to use RS as a learning tool and here i am :D 

As they said before...you don't have to stop for NOTHING. It's a real struggle to learn to play instrument, you have to be very patient with it. 

Don't stop, if you practice hard..in a blink of an eye you can play a song that at the beginning was really hard for you 

9A7alLl.jpg

Take a look at @@Smile and @ they started a few weeks ago as beginners and now both are in the top every week. Motive has been on fire recently and what they both show is dedication to learning. We all should be inspired by them. I wish i had the time and dedicatation to playing guitar like they do as I am sure i would be a much better guitarist.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

• Like 4