Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 31

Joey

Da Rules: http://customsforge.com/topic/6569-rocksmith-2014-championship-rules-read-this-first/

Last weeks winners:

Lead
Beginner: @@Mortalo
Intermediate: @@MaZtoR
Masterclass:@@Thrallsa

Rhythm
Beginner: n/a
Intermediate:@@mmrrss
Masterclass: @

Bass
Beginner: @@NoonyDeloony
Intermediate: @@NoonyDeloony
Masterclass: @@doyleman7

The songs for this week are:

Beginner: The Who - My Generation (Originally Included Song)

Intermediate: Iron Maiden - The Trooper (Another Originally Included Song)

Masterclass: The Cult - Fire Woman

Congrats to all the winners  and a special recognition to @@mmrrss who scored 100% on Rhythm. 

• Like 2

Iron Maiden - Rime of the Ancient Mariner -  13 minutes, RR work only for  a half of the song, and not visible sections (i find 225 sections, 1640 ebets in *.xml files). I cant fix it all, need remade all CDLC with start. RS file *.xml  dont imported in to EoF, i get error.Adding DDC and remove dont help with it.
That song was added to Song selection list Krazyone   :)

• Like 1

The Cult - Fire Woman enough good CDLC and nice  a song. But with a lot arpeggio, again the hell for learning!

UPD:

Friends, check your class and progress in  Championship Class List. if someone does not agree with his class in writing to PM my. Noticed not to accuracy and remarks also.

Edited by Motive
Champion Class List
  • Like 1

Isn't The Trooper too difficult for Intermediate? Or am I just so weak? You seen this solo? This bends? (My head explodes)

That's one of my favorite Maiden's song but still it's tough.

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

The Trooper is actually one of the easier Maiden songs. The Solo is tough but its definitely doable. My score from today is just after playing it a few times. I had played it 3 times before but it was months ago and had scored around 75% and today after trying it a few more times I was able to put up this score, I haven't Riff Repeated any of it either, its just playing it on the fly. I should also definitely be able to improve on these songs if time permits. 

It is a bit disappointing to me that on a website called CustomsForge  two of the songs are songs already included in the game.  People find this website because they want something other than the songs that are included with the game.  Maybe they have already played the hell out of the included songs or they have no interest with them, to include them in the championship is a mistake in my opinion.

Personally I have no interest in learning My Generation or I would have learned it before now.  I think you are sending a message that the customs here are not good enough for the championship.

@@Collision I am sorry you feel that way but if you take a look at the competition over these last 31 weeks that it has been running this is the first time that an officially included song has been chosen. Not everyone will enjoy the songs that are chosen each week but these were selected from the Spreadsheet as they were selected by members of the championship. These songs are picked randomly and are not cherry picked each week. For the first time we have 2 songs chosen that were included with the game and this is because our participators selected them. 

I don't think CustomsForge has been running for 31 weeks, but anyway it is disappointing that you allow the songs we found too uninteresting or got bored of playing to be part of the customsforge championship is a bit disappointing.  We could have joined the Ubisoft forums to play these songs.

Not everyone finds these songs uninteresting as you do. I actually enjoy a lot of the originally included songs as do the members of this forum who chose these songs for the championship. You do not have to play them if you do not like them and are free to play whatever you prefer. The rules state what songs are allowed and what are not allowed and yet It seems like every week there is something you have to complain about... Maybe if you put your name in the spreadsheet and selected the songs you like they might get chosen but since you have yet to add your name to the spreadsheet or choose a song you should not complain as to what gets chosen for the competition. This championship is for EVERYONE not just you @@Collision, not everyone feels the same way as you. If others felt the same way I am sure they would post it as they are welcome to yet I only see you complaining about the songs... I hope that you continue to participate but the songs will not be changed because only ONE person wants them to be. This is a friendly competition which has been running since smithy anvil started them and thats where the 31 weeks comes from. This is here for us all to have fun and compete against each other and see others develop their guitar/bass skills. Complaining every week will not help with your guitar playing. 

For everyone else I hope this post doesn't offend anyone but you all must realize that I do this out of the pleasure I get from watching you all participate every week and seeing you all improve on a weekly basis. @@Collision you have been improving these recent weeks and I am happy to see that and I know that you will continue to improve whether you continue to join the competition or not. I try to keep these championships fun and entertaining for everyone but I cannot and will not cater to ONE persons wishes. Everyone has a say in this competition I am just the one who puts up the posts and helps with the spreadsheets. I did not start the competition but I will continue to help out with it as much as I can. Thankfully @ has volunteered his time to help with it and that is greatly appreciated. I just want everyone to have fun and enjoy the championships so if we say/do something that you all don't like please feel free to let us all know. I can't make everyone happy and thats not what I am trying to do I am just trying to help as many people as I can enjoy themselves while they are here without having to worry about the little details like I and the rest of the organizers do. 

• Like 3

I make a complaint about beginner songs being in not regular tunings or songs being 18 minutes long with no riff repeater.  I will no longer participate if you think I am only here to complain.

I will also not donate to this site anymore because of you.  I see your post as a personal attack at me and that is offensive, I think you forgot what it is like to be a beginner.

That is your choice @@Collision i said nothing which was meant to offend you or as a personal attack but if you took offense then i am sorry. However i stand by my post. I am trying to be as fair as possible to everyone. You will be missed in the competition as i enjoyed watching you improve and please know that you are always welcome to participate.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I make a complaint about beginner songs being in not regular tunings or songs being 18 minutes long with no riff repeater.  I will no longer participate if you think I am only here to complain.

I will also not donate to this site anymore because of you.  I see your post as a personal attack at me and that is offensive, I think you forgot what it is like to be a beginner.

I know what it feels...to be a beginner. I play since 2011, sometimes i find it really difficult to play and simply quit for a time. Then i started guitar lessons with a guitar player from a known Heavy Metal band and taught me a lot of things that i already know now. And finally i bought Rocksmith 2012 to learn more and more and have fun. I used it as a learning tool, and also as an amp (i have a really small Marshall). And then i joined Smithyanvil and started to learn more and more and more songs, practice really hard...and here i am. I am a charter here, i share my creations with the community and talk with people with my likes, and also...meet new people. I'm from Argentina but i met really cool people here, and it's really amazing. If you are a beginner...don't stop for anything. Practice hard every day, if you can't get a song done...practice harder ('til your fingers bleed LOL). You need patience to play an instrument...so bring it on mate. Don't find this or what Joey said, because i really like that the official songs from RS2014 are avalaibable to play in the Championship. So i hope you read this and please...calm down! 

9A7alLl.jpg

In all fairness, he's not wrong.  You beat yourself up weekly for a variety of reasons. 

"This song is harder than last week so maybe I'm not cut out to play guitar."  [After playing it several times] "I'm up to 90% on this song now!!"

"I don't want to play this song because it's not in E-tuning."

"I don't want to play another week of power chords."

"I don't want to play this song that is in E-tuning because it's in the game and I'd have already learned it if I wanted to."  The songs introduced in the Championship from CF generally aren't submitted just before they're introduced to the Championship.  The same logic applies.  You easily could have downloaded the song if you were interested in learning it prior.  Personally, I've never played the Iron Maiden song before, but I plan to now that it's on the list.

I fully understand not including a song on the list.  I feel I'll learn more by trying things out of my comfort zone.  Some weeks I like the songs.  Others, I'm not so interested.

But, it's a bit unfair of you to claim he's personally attacking you.  He said nothing personal.  If you believe you don't complain about songs as often as he claims, go back through the threads to see your first couple of posts.  RR not working is a valid issue for a song you're trying to learn on max difficulty.  Not enjoying the tuning really isn't.  Songs are in different tunings for legitimate reasons.  It's going to happen.  If the Championships restrict the song selection to solely E-tuning songs, we lose a LOT of potential songs.

You're honestly one of my favorite people in this competition after the first couple pages of the week's thread.  In the first couple pages, you've got such a defeatist attitude.  After that, I like watching you grow.  Stop letting the little things faze you so much.  Look at how excited you were last week with a song that you were beating yourself up over early in the week.  You've had enough of these experiences by now that you should be able to see the struggles are worth the end result.

How can the same person win in both beginner and intermediate on bass? I thought we could play any and all songs but only be entered in one arraignment for the championship. It doesn’t really matter to me as I did not enter either arraignment, I only ask for clarification of the rules.

I have always been a bit afraid of fast song, like most Iron maiden. But i guess its time for me to grab the bull by the horns.

My old (pre custonsforge) results for the trooper was at a whooping 33% completion.  My first try now got me 67% and my second is this:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Thetrooper_zps02999580.jpg

@ Keep up the good work with the Championship. We lots of people that love what you do.

• Like 1

Just 2 more plays and all of my right arm hurts. I really need to learn how to relax while playing.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Thetrooper81_zps7b664518.jpg

Edit. I really liked Fire woman to. Buts its a bit hard for me at some parts. (but ill play that to anyway)

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Firewoman74_zps3489d5a3.jpg

@@MaZtoR Hahaha, you must be play Megadeth rhythm from last week,  for training right hand :) After 2-3 play through my hand numb, and burned muscles. After training, rest 5-10 min (play other easy song) and again play rhythm, every day, by end of the week i play it almost easy (summary play >30 times)

To @@Collision , "Who wants to find a possibility, who does not want to find reasons" ©

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx32/Andy_Vehero/2014-05-25_00002_zps9993409c.jpg

I have always been a bit afraid of fast song, like most Iron maiden. But i guess its time for me to grab the bull by the horns.

My old (pre custonsforge) results for the trooper was at a whooping 33% completion.  My first try now got me 67% and my second is this:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Thetrooper_zps02999580.jpg

@ Keep up the good work with the Championship. We lots of people that love what you do.

Great Job. I know that some times it is difficult to see how much we are progressing when learning to play. Times like this shows that all that hard work is paying off. Keep it up.