Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 498

29 minutes ago, Argh1992 said:

Hi, it's me the beginner having an adventure with tuning. How do I make it not sound like ass 🙂 ? I got the open strings tuned, but to my previous band nerd ears, when I'm actually playing up the neck it is not good. It's more of an issue on the low strings. I'm on a fender strat with 9-42 strings, should I just accept this song is going to sound like ass? I don't want to change anything else in my setup since I'm worried it'll throw other settings off for when I'm in standard tuning.  

@ Argh1992 Sounds like your intonation may be off.   You could take the guitar into a tech to have them check out or search setting intonation on you tube.  If you plan to do this yourself you will need a good tuner (or perfect pitch to the cent).

10 hours ago, nlbsmglsk said:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I'm getting massive detection issues on the pull-offs in the second half of this chart. Dunno why, might be me, might be the chart (I'm betting on the chart). Either way, this makes the fun parts of the song terribly frustrating, so this is my final score I guess.

same its annoying 

• Like 2

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
7 hours ago, Argh1992 said:

Hi, it's me the beginner having an adventure with tuning. How do I make it not sound like ass 🙂 ? I got the open strings tuned, but to my previous band nerd ears, when I'm actually playing up the neck it is not good. It's more of an issue on the low strings. I'm on a fender strat with 9-42 strings, should I just accept this song is going to sound like ass? I don't want to change anything else in my setup since I'm worried it'll throw other settings off for when I'm in standard tuning.  

Hah! We love adventures! Don´t we.

2 answers.
1) yeah - check your intonation but on - E Std!!!!! (of course intonation will apply to any string tension = tuning, but you will end off more precise when you are not handling spaghettis). Take a good tuner, play the open string and tune it precisely then play the harmonic exactly on your 12th fret - if it´s the same (exactly) - intonation is good, if you are high there - string needs to be made longer doing that image.png in the right direction

if you are low then make the string shorter and test (also with open string!!!!! - retune) until you are perfect.
Then do test the intonation also by pressing down the string on 12th fret - if you are not applying too heavy pressure it should be the exact same, if you are slightly off you could consider adjusting the saddles to that (cause that is actually what you will get while playing).
Do that for all strings, and before that i recommend checking the straightness of your neck (here measuring on top of your frets, not with a notched straight-edge, unless you are ready to do a fretjob) Do that at least 1x/year.

2) You did the above and it´s all the same... Your strat with the 9-42 might be not too forgiving, and if the problem is (also) caused by the strings hitting the frets (listen!!) then your chances are raising the action (DONT if you like how your instrument behaves on normal tunings), getting a 2nd (even cheapo) guitar that you set up for low tunings with thicker strings (recommended, you´ll love it in the championships!!), or you use CFSM (customsforge song manager) found in ignition to create a version that is tuned to DropD (not recommended - you must use headphones, or play on high system volume cause your strings mechanically will give other notes than the song that is playing.

Rock, Rod!

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

13 hours ago, Mikson said:

We created these problems ourselves by raising the level of bass diff ratings for each class in the past. 😉

The problem is mainly matching high difficulty ratings, so restoring 6-7 for advanced and 8-9 for masterclass is ok. However, for the beginner class, I would leave 1-4, because charts rated 1-3 are generally less interesting and not challenging.

What do you think about this difficulty match for bass?
Beg 1-4
Int 4-6
adv 6-7
Master 8-9

Yuup. We did, nobody complained and now its us again reverting what we did. Ain´t life strange.

I agree totally with you that Bass Diff scores 1-4 are good for beginner class, and in the range of 3.5 - 4 the adventure really begins. However the point to focus on is where do we want to set the bar for the level-up. We have 99.5% + to be reached for bass-classes to level to the next Class. There is - because low participations in lower bass classes, and players rather quickly reach the adv class - low evidence but personally i slightly tend to have the uplevel Beg-Int bass at (3) cause that would augment Int class a little by making it a bit wider with a lil longer competition there for the players before the rather big difficulty leap to adv. But i am very ok with (4) also. @ Mikson what do you think?

@ lowender @ luckyoldme @ rodentwentyten @ BubbleWrapDragon @ bobbyvenice - you have been battling that line lately - what do you think?

• Like 1

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

4 hours ago, Rodman said:

@ Mikson what do you think?

I think 3 could also be the maximum lvl up rating for beginners. On the other hand, looking at charts rated at 3, promotion may not be a major challenge. Hard to say.
For the intermediate class, I think the upper difficulty rating should be 6, because as you said there is a bigger jump between int and adv classes. So, if an intermediate competitor scores 99.5+ on song 6, that means they can easily compete in the ddvanced class.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rodman said:

Yuup. We did, nobody complained and now its us again reverting what we did. Ain´t life strange.

I agree totally with you that Bass Diff scores 1-4 are good for beginner class, and in the range of 3.5 - 4 the adventure really begins. However the point to focus on is where do we want to set the bar for the level-up. We have 99.5% + to be reached for bass-classes to level to the next Class. There is - because low participations in lower bass classes, and players rather quickly reach the adv class - low evidence but personally i slightly tend to have the uplevel Beg-Int bass at (3) cause that would augment Int class a little by making it a bit wider with a lil longer competition there for the players before the rather big difficulty leap to adv. But i am very ok with (4) also. @ Mikson what do you think?

@ lowender @ luckyoldme @ rodentwentyten @ BubbleWrapDragon @ bobbyvenice - you have been battling that line lately - what do you think?

I think i would have to agree with @ Mikson  with a difficulty of 6 and a score of 99.5% to level up. I tried the advanced class for awhile because I thought I was ready but i was out of my depth so I levelled back down to intermediate.  There is a big difference in difficulty between intermediate and advanced, but I also think that a songs difficulty depends on the person playing and the song, I find if I really like the song/band I have an easier time learning it than a song I with the same difficulty but a song/band I don't particularly like. 

• Like 3

On 5/7/2023 at 11:08 PM, RSjeffH said:

Way too long without playing, trying to get back for week 500!!

image.jpeg.ba44641ccbcaa072657a890f4d494aed.jpeg

hell yeah!!! great you are here, Jeff!

Ah!!!! By the way! - WEEK 500 - Please let me know your favorite CDLC to play, the path you want it played, and if you can the ~difficulty!

not too easy! (7)

45634818yp.jpg

• Like 1

way better

45634829no.jpg

• Like 2

+ rhy

45641825yc.jpg

right version

45641870oe.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lowender said:

Does anyone know what the cut off time is for this week tomorrow? I haven't had much time for practice this week and was hoping to get some scores in tomorrow afternoon.

You have to ask @ Rodman because he will start next week.
I am generally in favor of starting a new week later in the evening (around 9-10 pm), because many people only have time on Saturday afternoon to practice and publish their scores. Rodman often starts a new week early so you may not have much time. 🙂

On 5/10/2023 at 5:55 PM, Mikson said:

I think 3 could also be the maximum lvl up rating for beginners. On the other hand, looking at charts rated at 3, promotion may not be a major challenge. Hard to say.
For the intermediate class, I think the upper difficulty rating should be 6, because as you said there is a bigger jump between int and adv classes. So, if an intermediate competitor scores 99.5+ on song 6, that means they can easily compete in the ddvanced class.

i think we should leave 1-3; 4-5; 6-7; 8-9, BUT we should consider slight adjustment in how the songs are rated.

basically if the song seems to be 4 but has more easy parts and just few twited bridges, should then be 3.

just a thought.

• Like 2