Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 497

Mikson

On 5/4/2023 at 4:20 PM, cacahuate51 said:

Nooo! Don't put in the ssl hahah I'd much rather a new song be played. Not a fan of capo weeks (songs that have already been done in previous weeks) since theres so many good songs out there. Still I appreciate the comment and congrats on the victory!! 🙂 @ aNDESmASAMUNE

OK man, I got it! 

I need to get a bit more familiar with the difficulty level, but I hope I add songs you didn't know and you like! 

By the way, I enjoyed a lot playing your revised version! Thanks again. 

• Like 1

Hi guys. I would want to know if there is an explanation somewhere about how to add songs in the SSL.

Do I fill in the info needed, including the link of the CDLC, and click "ADD SONG" and that is it??

I also would wanna know if there is an explanation somewhere about the criteria for the level of difficulty. 

In addition, I actually found it valuable what @ Rodman was saying about having songs categorized by level of difficulty, in order to find songs I could play that suit my level or to challenge myself. Do you have that info available somewhere for other users of CustomForge?

Sorry for asking many questions!

7 hours ago, aNDESmASAMUNE said:

Hi guys. I would want to know if there is an explanation somewhere about how to add songs in the SSL.

Do I fill in the info needed, including the link of the CDLC, and click "ADD SONG" and that is it??

I also would wanna know if there is an explanation somewhere about the criteria for the level of difficulty. 

In addition, I actually found it valuable what @ Rodman was saying about having songs categorized by level of difficulty, in order to find songs I could play that suit my level or to challenge myself. Do you have that info available somewhere for other users of CustomForge?

you just go to the link in the sheet  (http://tinyurl.com/addSongSuggestion - we have just developed this form) and fill in your nick, artist, song title and paste ignition page link.

for difficulty rating, just enter what you feel it should be.

the info is then saved in google sheets table for review.

you are Int lead, Int rhythm and Adv bass.

I.e. for lead, if you feel the song is too easy for you, you rate it in lower class (beginner), if quite comfy and you feel you could do better after few tries,, rate it in your class (Int), if you see that the song is out of your reach, rate it higher class (Adv or MC).

If you really cannot tell, just select "I don't know" 🙂

the song will be tested by week creator anyway to check if rating is more or less correct.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

That may be it for me this week as Rocksmith just broke on me for no reason, go past tuning then nothing loads .

I'm sure Steam keeps updating something in rocksmith . damn

I'll take my win last week even though I'm pretty sure I might have been the only beginner. I took a stab at rhythm as well for fun, but I didn't dedicate much time since I spent so much practice on lead only. Also it's definitely time for me to change out my strings for the first time, they're super loose. 

week 496 lead.jpg

week 496 rhythm.jpg

• Like 2

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
15 hours ago, aNDESmASAMUNE said:

Absolutely!

Click ob the link to song selection list and there you have a sheet that's called Songs Played - voila... all the arrangements played well sortable by diffuculty and the info which weeks the songs have been played.

Rod

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

sight reads
JB58Z72.jpg
this song seemed like a mashup of different ideas pretty interesting. intro reminded me of some edm song cant recall the name and then the stacatto riff at 2:00 ish reminded me of a song in the movie 127 (decent movie if anyone is bored) called never hear surf music again by free blood and its also popped in some disco basslines. I think ive mentioned it before but ill say it again, you can never go wrong with 3 5 6 riff always fun when they pop up in so many songs. anywaaaays
fc5yZ5q.jpg
o6FCR2U.jpg
this one was nice...although the uper register guitars triggered a memory of a song that was playing on loop while calling for support for an hour a couple years ago so...theres that.
 A well done cdlc. Maybe erasing some anchors for the chorus to make it more aparent that its a w/m riff? but eh anchors are a matter of preference anyways imo.. The important thing is that the notes were right (atleast nothing stood out to me on a firstplaythrough). 
zfif5yC.jpg
This song is dope. I'm not good at solos though. 
V3DOFPn.jpg
Not too sure why this is rated a 8 on bass if its basically the same as the lead just without a guitar solo? To me it should be the same or lower than the guitar lead. Theres been harder basslines than this.
Li80z3L.jpg
Yea..idk chief...This one also to me should be lower..Like intermediate class. Seems like a slowed down/dumbed down version of raining blood by slayer( the mosh part where most ppl failed in gh3...or atleast thats where i failed alot lol/ mostlikely on a real guitar aswell) it repeats quite a bit , not that many notes, short...Then again i usually think songs should be rated lower so.. 

I dont want to demerit your score rodman, its always impressive to see 99+s regardless of dificulty! Just i dont think this is a song to move up to masterclass/ or an advancedclass path. 

• Like 3

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

1 hour ago, cacahuate51 said:

sight reads
JB58Z72.jpg
this song seemed like a mashup of different ideas pretty interesting. intro reminded me of some edm song cant recall the name and then the stacatto riff at 2:00 ish reminded me of a song in the movie 127 (decent movie if anyone is bored) called never hear surf music again by free blood and its also popped in some disco basslines. I think ive mentioned it before but ill say it again, you can never go wrong with 3 5 6 riff always fun when they pop up in so many songs. anywaaaays
fc5yZ5q.jpg
o6FCR2U.jpg
this one was nice...although the uper register guitars triggered a memory of a song that was playing on loop while calling for support for an hour a couple years ago so...theres that.
 A well done cdlc. Maybe erasing some anchors for the chorus to make it more aparent that its a w/m riff? but eh anchors are a matter of preference anyways imo.. The important thing is that the notes were right (atleast nothing stood out to me on a firstplaythrough). 
zfif5yC.jpg
This song is dope. I'm not good at solos though. 
V3DOFPn.jpg
Not too sure why this is rated a 8 on bass if its basically the same as the lead just without a guitar solo? To me it should be the same or lower than the guitar lead. Theres been harder basslines than this.
Li80z3L.jpg
Yea..idk chief...This one also to me should be lower..Like intermediate class. Seems like a slowed down/dumbed down version of raining blood by slayer( the mosh part where most ppl failed in gh3...or atleast thats where i failed alot lol/ mostlikely on a real guitar aswell) it repeats quite a bit , not that many notes, short...Then again i usually think songs should be rated lower so.. 

I dont want to demerit your score rodman, its always impressive to see 99+s regardless of dificulty! Just i dont think this is a song to move up to masterclass/ or an advancedclass path. 

Yeah besides the score, if Rodman feels it (to be ready to play into the mc rhythm tier), for me he can switch anyway regardless of the supposed difficulty of that song!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cacahuate51 said:

Thanks, because this is my CDLC. So just out of curiosity, I'm asking what you mean with those anchors in the chorus because I don't quite understand 😉 

The same riffs/charts on bass are always harder than on guitar, so get higher diff rating. Perhaps 8 is a bit too much, 7.5 for bass and 6.5 for lead is appropriate here. This is my opinion after a few tries.

Yeah, I also felt it was closer a 6.5. On the other hand, there's no way I'm going to be able to achieve 99% here, so I could be wrong.

Overall, it's nice that you add such extensive comments to screenshots 😉 

• Like 1

Reasonably enjoyable to play but a really weird song...it's like they took a rejected Sabaton  song and made it peppy:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Big kudos to @ Mikson  for this much improved version of Smokers...the previous one had some weird fret logic that made it annoying to play:

I like pretty much anything AHJr is involved in. This is more of a 7 IMO. Not sure I'll have another chance to improve my score before I start the new week:

I agree that in hindsight this is more of a 7.5 than 8. I rated it back when I was more intermediate level. Cool song, I enjoy several of the tracks from this WM album:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikson said:

Thanks, because this is my CDLC. So just out of curiosity, I'm asking what you mean with those anchors in the chorus because I don't quite understand 😉 

By the looks of it I guess you got eof to auto generate them. FHP/anchors are used to show where you should place your hand and generally which fingers to use. By default EOF will only use a 4 fret radius and will often place the changes later than they should be, so for lead parts where you can get away with longer stretches it often isn't great.

You can use shift + F11 to cycle the sections view to display FHP if you generated it manually by using ctrl + A, and then selecting Note/Rocksmith/Generate fhp. Then you can modify the generated result by using shift + F.

So something like this is still using the 12 fret anchor from before the phrase change and has extra FHP changes where you could play it all from fret 15 and stretch instead.

I'd do it more like this. Which'd show up in game like this meaning you keep the one fingering position for the whole riff making it cleaner and easier to read compared to how it was before.

• Like 4

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

1 hour ago, Mikson said:

oh cool! Yea dw, i myself wasnt aware this was a thing in r2014 until recently because someone messaged me about it and then cold help me learn.

So anchors are what dictates the blue guidlines that are bellow every note telling you where you should put your hand.
You can make a cdlc without altering the anchors because theres an automatic function in eof..or if you press shift  and f generate anchors at the very end of the cdlc proccess

Since you are doing a 15 17 19 riff this is what i refer to a M W shape (theres 3 the n fingers 12 and 4, the m, and the r riff (which are the 3,5 ,6  when you use your ring finger (like the first song or i think also the ghost song..i think ghost is a comb on the n riff and r riff )))  and its when you use a finger for each fret / you dont really shift around since your hand is stationary

m w riffs arent too common cause you can usually place the highest note aka this case 19 on the string bellow one fret down so 18 ( but if i remember correctly the 19 is the last string so thats why m/w riffs are still relevant)
ok anyways sorry id send pics but i need to be somewhere soon.

in order to see your anchors press shift and f 11 a couple of times to switch untill you see red numbers above your fretts/ like where the section names are. its most likely youlll have 15 17s on your 15 to 19 riff.. this means that youd be shifting between these notes... which personally i wouldnt do i'd just have my hand stationary (like i said anchors are purely situational to the player and his experience there is no wrong way to play a riff)

but if you wanted to make it clear its stationary then ud delete the 17s by selecting the note ( you can use shift up page down page to be precise on note selection) and pressing shift and f here ull see the anchor number on that position..so youd just remove the 17 and press ok

i really hope theres spaces in forms cause this will be awfull to read if not. again sorry for not posting pics but im running late

• Like 2

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)