Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 496

Rodman

22 hours ago, Rodman said:

Now - that 10 is more a 9... but it has been played before and it´s always a bit unsatisfying to have a path in the database with multiple diff ratings. Adv gets an easier week which is good from time to time. I had a lot of time for that selection and all is good as you might see.

Yeah, sorry I disagree that an easier week "is good from time to time" if what you're referring to is actually not even in the advanced range at all. If you want an easier week, you can play the beg. and int. songs as well as advanced. To me, an acceptable easier Adv week is a 6-6.5. Also, there are many good bass-only adv level CDLC on the CSL.

I recommend Roosevelt - Feels Right, which I rated a 6.5. Can we sub that in please? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jellisjenius said:

Yeah, sorry I disagree that an easier week "is good from time to time" if what you're referring to is actually not even in the advanced range at all. If you want an easier week, you can play the beg. and int. songs as well as advanced. To me, an acceptable easier Adv week is a 6-6.5. Also, there are many good bass-only adv level CDLC on the CSL.

I recommend Roosevelt - Feels Right, which I rated a 6.5. Can we sub that in please? 

I doubt @ Rodman  will change that, so you're doomed to play Steel Panther. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
12 hours ago, jellisjenius said:

10 hours ago, Mikson said:

I doubt @ Rodman  will change that, so you're doomed to play Steel Panther. 😆

🤣 not easily yeah, you know me.

No, seriously - the main reason is - that executed in full consequence - having every path meet the strict diff rules - would lead to a big mess. As you know songs shall be randomly selected using eg a RNG routine to maintain fairness - and i always try to do that. That in first place leads to 4 songs and after testing to up to 12 diff-rated arrangements. And i am highly in favor that if possible those should be played. Putting them as bonus will as we know not lead to a lot of plays and waste them somehow - exchanging and putting those into spare arrangements is the way to go but in my opinion only if the diffs are really unmatching - like 2 classes off.

In our current case - we are not so far off. @ jellisjenius - i don´t see your score so far? What was your first run on that track on bass. It would only be subpar if we had a lot of players stuck on 100 on like wednesday forced to go for scorebattles. The rules state if an arrangement is missing - the one from the next class can be given to that class also - which has proven good over the years i think, on the other hand my personal feeling is that a player will also not benefit less from easier arrangements (not more frequent like once a month) in his class. And - s/he can always also participate in the class above, which this week would yield more than a challenge.

Please everyone tell us your feelings about that topic - we are constantly tryling to trim our good practice to deliver the best experience.

Rod.

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

2 hours ago, Rodman said:

🤣 not easily yeah, you know me.

No, seriously - the main reason is - that executed in full consequence - having every path meet the strict diff rules - would lead to a big mess. As you know songs shall be randomly selected using eg a RNG routine to maintain fairness - and i always try to do that. That in first place leads to 4 songs and after testing to up to 12 diff-rated arrangements. And i am highly in favor that if possible those should be played. Putting them as bonus will as we know not lead to a lot of plays and waste them somehow - exchanging and putting those into spare arrangements is the way to go but in my opinion only if the diffs are really unmatching - like 2 classes off.

In our current case - we are not so far off. @ jellisjenius - i don´t see your score so far? What was your first run on that track on bass. It would only be subpar if we had a lot of players stuck on 100 on like wednesday forced to go for scorebattles. The rules state if an arrangement is missing - the one from the next class can be given to that class also - which has proven good over the years i think, on the other hand my personal feeling is that a player will also not benefit less from easier arrangements (not more frequent like once a month) in his class. And - s/he can always also participate in the class above, which this week would yield more than a challenge.

Please everyone tell us your feelings about that topic - we are constantly tryling to trim our good practice to deliver the best experience.

Rod.

I suppose if you select songs via RNG, you start with the Lead path and adjust the rest by difficulty ratings. It's a bit unfair to Bass players who get a poorer selection in terms of diff ratings. Overall very unlikely to get good picks for all paths on the first RNG draw unless you redraw multiple times until successful.

@ Rodman  I see where you're coming from but I strongly disagree that "fairness" of RNG takes priority over having good, suitable tracks for each class (not just lead!). Maybe this was the case when the Championship was bigger with more people suggesting songs, but I just don't see why it matters much now. And I agree with @ Mikson  that bass players get shafted from this approach.

I haven't posted a score because I have no interest in playing a Steel Panther Int-difficulty track to serve as Adv-level. Maybe I'll change my mind. 

20 minutes ago, jellisjenius said:

@ Rodman ... I haven't posted a score because I have no interest in playing a Steel Panther Int-difficulty track to serve as Adv-level ...

Why?

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

2 hours ago, Mikson said:

I suppose if you select songs via RNG, you start with the Lead path and adjust the rest by difficulty ratings. It's a bit unfair to Bass players who get a poorer selection in terms of diff ratings. Overall very unlikely to get good picks for all paths on the first RNG draw unless you redraw multiple times until successful.

That´s why we integrated seperate diff ratings for rhy and bass back in the days. We tried also to RNG one week on the bass songs and one week on lead - but that didn´t work out as songs entered in the SSL are more often entered by lead scores. Looking back the last 10 weeks we didn´t have any issue with ratings on bass.

@allADVBassPlayers - We need opinion and arguments - is your experience worse playing weeks (6) songs like the Gojira or the QOTSA worse than on (7 or 8)?

That´s why we integrated seperate diff ratings for rhy and bass back in the days.

I don't quite understand what you mean, we changed bass rating scale (1-4, 5-6, 7-8, 8-9), but rhythm stayed the same as lead.

Looking back the last 10 weeks we didn´t have any issue with ratings on bass.

I think most of the last few weeks have been done by hand, so there was no problem of too low diff ratings.

@allADVBassPlayers - We need opinion and arguments - is your experience worse playing weeks (6) songs like the Gojira or the QOTSA worse than on (7 or 8)?

I think for the advanced we should start with 6.5 (we can use 6 in exceptional situations, for the sake of less songs with difficult bass), but we shouldn't go below this limit.

I will check out these songs for bass today and share my feedback about the difficulty.

19 hours ago, Mikson said:

I don't understand at all what is the sense of this? Instead of blue 7 just play orange 2 and the song becomes much easier (max 4 diff).

20230423220018-1.jpg

You can also play blue7 orange7, so you don't even need to change position from the D power chord... making the song even easier 😄

I like Royal Republic (which I discovered here in Custom Forge!) and I am grateful for the CDLC, but this one is not accurate...

Anyway, I was telling a friend who I recently introduced to Custom Forge, that considering the huge number of songs, most are well made actually. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mikson said:

1) I don't quite understand what you mean, we changed bass rating scale (1-4, 5-6, 7-8, 8-9), but rhythm stayed the same as lead.

2) I think most of the last few weeks have been done by hand, so there was no problem of too low diff ratings.

3) I think for the advanced we should start with 6.5 (we can use 6 in exceptional situations, for the sake of less songs with difficult bass), but we shouldn't go below this limit.

4) I will check out these songs for bass today and share my feedback about the difficulty.

1) oh!!! no - what i mean happened 2014 in week 46 - until then one song was chosen for beg, one for int and one for mc - all paths. There we sat together, integrated advanced class and started diff assessment for bass and rhy also.

2) i think you can only speak for yourself. Everybody knows the rules. Everybody does as good as he has time for.

3) why? please start using arguments and examples!!!

4) that will be needed to talk about current week

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aNDESmASAMUNE said:

You can also play blue7 orange7, so you don't even need to change position from the D power chord... making the song even easier 😄

Of course, then this could even be a beginner level! How one note can mess up. 😉

• Like 2

Oh I remember this song, and liked it! as already said fingering is pretty bad

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

wow.. this is beautiful. I know Buckethead only for the name and as a shredder, so I didn't expect that.
As expected my sightreading is awful but I will play this again. I like the vibes

After Asian Hooker I was eagerly waiting another Steel Panther song, finally!
I know I know.. they are so childish and immature but I love the 80s rock vibes and the silly lyrics. Not really deep quotes though 😄

Didn't understand it, but I got near to have cramps to both hands

• Like 7

Bass

20210227193142-1.jpg

20230424223816-1.jpg

20230424230112-1.jpg

20230424230454-1.jpg

Ok, I tested this and this is indeed a 5.5, maybe even a 6, but only because we have such super fast slides here. It is difficult to recognize this, which spoils the overall accuracy, because the rest of the chart is max 5.

20230424230541-1.jpg

I'm bad at playing high frets on the bass, arrangement of the frets is a bit different than on the guitar, so I can't feel it.

20230424225440-1.jpg

• Like 6

8 hours ago, avastreg said:

wow.. this is beautiful. I know Buckethead only for the name and as a shredder, so I didn't expect that.
As expected my sightreading is awful but I will play this again. I like the vibes

Oh yeah - but if you like that you just have to go for my fav BH tune - Asylum of glass - damn epic. I did a quick upload for you as that is no more available in the database.

• Like 2

we are heavily working on improving SONG SELECTION LIST atm - so if you have got suggestions NOW is the time 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Daaaayo!  I say daaayaaayaao!  Daylight come and me wanna go home.

RIP Harry Belafonte, aged 96.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)