Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 496

Rodman

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
On 4/27/2023 at 6:45 PM, Mikson said:

@ Rodman  @ kayteck

Well done, the SSL sheet looks better now!

1) In cases like in this screenshot, I think, that ratings should be moved to the left, to the main ratings columns, otherwise those songs will never be selected when using RNG.

SSL.jpg

2) Songs with only bass in audio? I don't understand, could you give an example?

1) Absolutely

2) Oh yeah! There has been a time when a few charters produced a lot of cdlcs with bass only playable.... of normal songs with guitar tracks also... those files are bad, they mess up ones library, and for many many years ONLY files with at least one guitar AND a bass track charted were allowed to be entered to SSL. As there are songs that only do have a guitar or bass audio (Johhny Cash - Hurt, Metallica - Anesthesia....) those are allowed nowadays... But we don´t want incomplete files.

Rod.

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

17 hours ago, jellisjenius said:

Glad to hear the SSL has been updated but agree with Mikson on the feedback. Why would “bass only” mean anything but a CDLC with only bass charted? If you’re referring to multi track, that should be designated as “no guitar” or “no bass” depending on which audio stem is left out.

Unluckywise that differentiation is way necessary. There are a lot of files out there that lack guitars though there is a guitar being played. That´s in no way a bass only song!

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

@ Rodman  You are not making any sense at all. CF has a number of great charters who do primarily or only bass charts (jamesprestonuk, SlickWilly, djpavs, etc). It sounds to me like you are claiming that those CDLC are bad because they have guitar parts that are not charted...that's ridiculous. As a bass player, my experience with RS would not even come close to what it is, if all those great bass only CDLC were not available. 

Are you are claiming that we should exclude songs with "missing" charts from the Championship? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rodman said:

2) Oh yeah! There has been a time when a few charters produced a lot of cdlcs with bass only playable.... of normal songs with guitar tracks also... those files are bad, they mess up ones library, and for many many years ONLY files with at least one guitar AND a bass track charted were allowed to be entered to SSL. As there are songs that only do have a guitar or bass audio (Johhny Cash - Hurt, Metallica - Anesthesia....) those are allowed nowadays... But we don´t want incomplete files.

Rod.

first thanks for claryfying the rng in previous post!

2nd) is it not possible to just use the bass charted path only songs to be fillers? example song A gets picked and has 3 paths however the bass path isnt that good so to avoid a good guitar path being wasted or to avoid a capo week you rng a song with only a bass path tabbed. 

"3.2 if rhy and bass arrangements cannot match all 4 classes - choose from songs from spare arrangements, the past (songs played), from bass only songs or as above give next higher arrangment to the lower class too."

i mean thats what i thought 3.2 meant?

I know its not ideal to have bass charted path only songs as like you said it can clutter someones library .. But if you are participating for the bass category then i think thatd mean you want to play a decent bass chart. I find sometimes cdlcs with 2/3 paths might just simple chord function it in eof, which can work sometimes but othertimes the bass may do more fills and variations than which is tabbed. Also in general its just harder /rarer for all 3 paths to be perfect.

Usually songs by creators like burntmilk dellboy coldrampage or the ones jelly mentioned above spend more time/ have more accurate bass paths if its the only one tabbed. 

I mean the only people who will have a cluttered library  issue would be the bass players/owners. ("cluttered" in the sense that you are not playing bass you are playing guitar). What i personally do is just save bass path songs only in a seperate folder that way if i dont want to play bass that day and speed the rearranging process at the start of every session then i just take that folder out. I think you can also do this with cfsm. So maybe an option is to just put a side warning of bass path only chart  if they get picked

if the answer is still no, then ig i need to visit ssl to erase some of my suggestions as i was not aware bass path only songs were not a thing 😄

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

1 hour ago, cacahuate51 said:

2nd) is it not possible to just use the bass charted path only songs to be fillers? example song A gets picked and has 3 paths however the bass path isnt that good so to avoid a good guitar path being wasted or to avoid a capo week you rng a song with only a bass path tabbed. 

"3.2 if rhy and bass arrangements cannot match all 4 classes - choose from songs from spare arrangements, the past (songs played), from bass only songs or as above give next higher arrangment to the lower class too."

I know its not ideal to have bass charted path only songs as like you said it can clutter someones library .. But if you are participating for the bass category then i think thatd mean you want to play a decent bass chart. I find sometimes cdlcs with 2/3 paths might just simple chord function it in eof, which can work sometimes but othertimes the bass may do more fills and variations than which is tabbed. Also in general its just harder /rarer for all 3 paths to be perfect.

Usually songs by creators like burntmilk dellboy coldrampage or the ones jelly mentioned above spend more time/ have more accurate bass paths if its the only one tabbed. 

I mean the only people who will have a cluttered library  issue would be the bass players/owners. ("cluttered" in the sense that you are not playing bass you are playing guitar). What i personally do is just save bass path songs only in a seperate folder that way if i dont want to play bass that day and speed the rearranging process at the start of every session then i just take that folder out. I think you can also do this with cfsm. So maybe an option is to just put a side warning of bass path only chart  if they get picked

if the answer is still no, then ig i need to visit ssl to erase some of my suggestions as i was not aware bass path only songs were not a thing 😄

also @ jellisjenius - ahhh... discussions about rules, after so many years - hell yeah! i love it! we´ll do that next week!

• Thanks 1

Hi @ Rodman  and @ kayteck

I have 2 queries about this week's beginner bass scores.

Firstly, how do you get 100% with a 210  streak for Baby? Sorry @ britonleap , you may have played with difficulty less than 100%. That's  the only reason I  can think of.

Secondly I tried Swomee Swan on Mastery level. How are these scores treated?

Thanks

4 hours ago, cacahuate51 said:

I completely agree with this!!

(And not because I am half Mexican 😉)

• Haha 1

I agree with @ luckyoldme that something got whacked there. I know it was over 600, but arrgh RS goes wild a lot for me. It took a bit to figure out how to do the attack version (click below everything?), but that has more accurate numbers. New image posted. Not quite warmed up, and I missed a couple, but this should stand as what I did. Having only started this in the last few days, I do not expect to be in any competition; maybe by the end of the year. Cheers all!

20230429150408_1.jpg

• Milo unpinned this topic