Sustains longer than other notes in EoF

a.peter

I do have a tab of Greensleves in GuitarPro. It uses more than one voice to author notes that last longer than these in the first voice. It looks like that:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r192/a_peter42/RsCustomsTools/GuitarPro6-Greensleeves_zps71c7f92d.png

I learned, that EoF only imports the first voice. But how do i author this in EoF?

If i add the note at the A string at the same position like other notes and raise the sustain, the duration of all notes will change. Even more it is not possible to do a sustain that is longer than the next note. I've tried it, but the sustain may only reach the 3rd fret on string H.

My questions are:

Could it be possible to change the import of Guitar Pro files to read the second voice like above?

If not, is there a possibility to author these notes by hand like shown above?

Is it possible to change the sustain of only one note of a chord?

Do i have to edit the exported "PART REAL_GUITAR_RS2.xml" manually?

Thanks in advance.

1. I probably won't be working on logic to import other voices. To me it seems to be a rather rarely used feature in Guitar Pro.

2. Getting notes to overlap in the way you're asking is rather complicated to achieve in EOF. You could try authoring it as an arpeggio, since at least then it's implied that the A string is going to keep ringing.

3. It is, but not if any notes in the chord have to overlap one or more notes that use the same string.

4. If you really have to have the A string display the sustain as overlapping the other notes, then probably.

Thank you raynebc, for your fast answer. I've done it in this way: I just added the notes of voice 2 by hand using eof and saved the project. Afterwards I edited the PART REAL_GUITAR_RS2.xml file. I took all chords and moved the <chordNote ... /> elements to the <notes> section by hand. Then I renamed the <chordNote ... /> elements to <note ... />. Then I edited the sustain="..." values of all newly added notes so they overlap in length. You'll find the result here.

RockSmith 2014 does accept multiple at the same time index.

• 5 weeks later...

1. I probably won't be working on logic to import other voices. To me it seems to be a rather rarely used feature in Guitar Pro.2. Getting notes to overlap in the way you're asking is rather complicated to achieve in EOF. You could try authoring it as an arpeggio, since at least then it's implied that the A string is going to keep ringing.3. It is, but not if any notes in the chord have to overlap one or more notes that use the same string.4. If you really have to have the A string display the sustain as overlapping the other notes, then probably.

Similar to this topic, I'm working on a song (or rather updating an old one) which has a note ring out over other strings. I saw the process in this topic and intend to use it myself, but I'm merely curious if there's any plans to incorporate something like this with note statuses/tech notes in EoF as it's become a recurring thing (not necessarily common, but something I see in official DLC multiple times).

I'm very happy with the current version of EoF regardless of your answer, the work on this program consistently blows my mind. I was just wondering if it's on 'the list' of future features, or if the focus is somewhere else.

I've always got the multitracks.

It's probably not something I'll be working on right away, given all of the messy changes it would probably take in the code. It's better to just use arpeggio notation, since the the ringing of one string over others is already implied even if it isn't displayed on screen that way.

• Like 1