I've made a mistake with pitch shift.......

I got tired of constantly re-tuning so I tried to take advantage of the pitch shift feature, but I think I did something wrong.  They shifted my CDLC ( except drop tunings obviously) into estd but they sound just .... bad, like a cheap synthesizer. The note recognition works in game, but even with headphones on so I can't hear the strings directly it is unplayable. Any ideas what I messed up? And is there anyway to undo it, or should I re-download them all?

Edited by Draco023
misspelling

43 minutes ago, Draco023 said:

I got tired of constantly re-tuning so I tried to take advantage of the pitch shift feature, but I think I did something wrong.  They shifted my CDLC ( except drop tunings obviously) into estd but they sound just .... bad, like a cheap synthesizer. The note recognition works in game, but even with headphones on so I can't hear the strings directly it is unplayable. Any ideas what I messed up? And is there anyway to undo it, or should I re-download them all?

If you replaced the original file with the pitch shifted ones by using the "overwrite file" option you'll have to redownload them to revert them back to normal.
Otherwise you'd have 2 versions of the song and can just delete the pitch shifted version.

The pitch shift feature is a bit dodgy, for certain songs it pitch shifts by the wrong amount or not at all so I can't recommend using it.
https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/67056-using-the-pitch-shifter-in-customforge-song-manager/&do=findComment&comment=370073

A far better option is to either get a drop pedal or route your input through reaper letting you use a pitch shift vst instead.

• Thanks 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy