Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 488

Mikson

Rhythm beginner my sort of thing this .

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Had ago on master because why not  .

Intermediate . Ihave the rhythm down hopefully can have a few more at this one. This song is stuck in my head 

• Like 2

On 2/28/2023 at 4:01 PM, nlbsmglsk said:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

It's exactly 8.75, which rounds out to 8.5. Not hard enough for a 9, needs more sweeps. 😉

But srsly, it's in my wheelhouse, so I can accept that my opinion might not be objective. On a bluegrass-banjo song with an 8 rating I'd probably get ~70% and rate it a 10. What I'm saying is objective rating is HARD.

Also, it gets a lot easier if you change the fingering to reduce shifting. The chart makes it look harder than it is. But then again it's a matter of personal preference, maybe someone likes the position changes. I don't know how they played it originally.

@ Bottledpat12 Y U NO post a score?

i practiced playing without looking at my fretboard with artillery and several other bands 

3 hours ago, Daz40 said:

Rhythm beginner my sort of thing this .

Had ago on master because why not  .

Intermediate . Ihave the rhythm down hopefully can have a few more at this one. This song is stuck in my head 

I don't know why you're playing that song 'First Date' but this is not the right song this week. 😉

• Like 2

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
On 3/1/2023 at 1:34 AM, nlbsmglsk said:

While I agree with most of what you wrote, there's more factors to be considered:
1. Style/genre of the song - I used to play 99% thrash for years, and this seems easier to me than some songs that where rated 8 from past weeks. It's hard to gauge how much to discount your preferred playing style even if you know to look out for that.

2. Quality of the chart - this weeks song is great example - you can greatly reduce the difficulty just by moving the notes around. It makes it harder to sight-read for sure, but when you start RRing it becomes obvious. How should we factor that in? On some charts just moving one note makes a ton of a difference to me.

3. I had another point but I forgot

Well, I don't want to be a nitpicker, but there's also 8.5 and 9.5. Also 10s should also be allowed from time to time imo.

Absolutely.

1) Yeah, but are aware of that! There is still an objective difficulty for what is on screen, no matter if you have practiced that technique a ton and can handle it easily or it´s your blind spot. For me that would be arpeggios - i never really cared about those and suck heavily even on easy ones - still it´s obvious what objective difficulty they yield, on the other hand i am rather confident on speedy palm mute metal licks. I really don´t think that personal preferred playing style distorts the diff rating a lot - it surely does alter the score, but that wont help us much in diff ratings esp. intra-class.

To break it down it is first get  a feel in which class the song belongs in the actual path, and then is it good enough to level the player to the next class when s/he masters it with 99%+, or how much is  the hardest part of the song below that. (for MC the question would be is it close to GoG or below.

Overall ratings are done quite well, though there has been a tendency to slightly underrate esp. lead paths, that´s better now.

2) No, as we play that special chart on screen for the championship we have to rate exactly that there, cause that is what players are gonna play. If someone digs deep and optimizes hand positions, even adopts notes on different strings - absolutely great, but doesn´t alter the difficulty of the chart selected. Note: Please - if you do so - place a note in the song´s page for the author to improve the chart! I know that is extra work and often empty miles - but it makes the whole thing better.

3) Bless forgettness, our beloved friend

4) No, you are not. Any discussion about ratings makes it vastly better. Sure there is, (in my head there is also eg 9.2 - the rating of that weeks MC lead) but the .5 ratings are given just when a song is between the whole ones. Do you personally think it´s rather hard to diff rate MC songs?
10s are absolutely allowed from time to time as much as a  (5) is good for adv sometimes or a (4.5) for beginner, just those have to be kept rare to not discourage players.
BUT: as @ Nacholede and you have put quite some (10)s in the list we really should start regularly putting up GOG songs again. If the weekstarter will not, i´ll make sure there is a GoG for the next 2 or 4 weeks.

Rock!!
Rod.

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

12 hours ago, Mikson said:

I don't know why you're playing that song 'First Date' but this is not the right song this week. 😉

Just removed my bass score ffs. haha good song though, god knows how that happened .lol

• Like 2

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

+ lead

45272790dk.jpg

• Like 3

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

14 hours ago, johnal said:

It does not seem like scores from failed runs are getting picked up in the leaderboard.  Is this intentional? 

Yes because with three crosses you don't finish the song so it's not a valid score!

1 hour ago, avastreg said:

Yes because with three crosses you don't finish the song so it's not a valid score!

Thanks for the explanation, however, this was not always the case.   To me it seems like the percentage should stand.  Oh well, not a big deal.

1 hour ago, johnal said:

Thanks for the explanation, however, this was not always the case.   To me it seems like the percentage should stand.  Oh well, not a big deal.

This is my opinion, but you never finish the song if you fail the run on Score Attack. So essentially it's not fair against who has finished it (and could potentially have a lower accuracy because of that)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, avastreg said:

This is my opinion, but you never finish the song if you fail the run on Score Attack. So essentially it's not fair against who has finished it (and could potentially have a lower accuracy because of that)

It's a tough call and there is that possibility for sure.   The counterpoint could be: I could also have run the song in "Learn a song" mode and just stop playing at the 60/70/whatever % mark and let it run to the end unplayed.   Like this:
AlhwpATy_o.jpg
However, this run counts? 

1 hour ago, johnal said:

It's a tough call and there is that possibility for sure.   The counterpoint could be: I could also have run the song in "Learn a song" mode and just stop playing at the 60/70/whatever % mark and let it run to the end unplayed.   Like this:
AlhwpATy_o.jpg
However, this run counts? 

Yes but your total accuracy will be lower doing this
Instead, in the failed run, you get the accuracy of the portion you played

1 hour ago, avastreg said:

Yes but your total accuracy will be lower doing this
Instead, in the failed run, you get the accuracy of the portion you played

I don't think that is correct.  I thought RS uses the total notes to make this calculation.  The portion I played was more accurate than 61%.

EteSs3We_o.jpg

I would say I played this similar to the score attack run I scored ~61%.   I guess we could take a song, determine the number of notes, and test it out.