Screenshot upload tutorial - Imgur

kayteck

To help you all in uploading screenshots to the championship, here is a quick tutorial on adding images to the posts.

I am using Imgur with a Windows app called MyImgur, which, IMHO, makes a whole process as little frustrating and fast as possible.

It is especially handy with multiple images.

I. Fast and handy for one-off use uploads - not recommended for long-term use

1. Open Imgur: The magic of the Internet page

2. Navigate to the Steam screenshots folder (for Rocksmith 2014 usually C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/userdata/<account number>/760/remote/221680/screenshots)

3. Select image you want to upload and drag & drop to the area in the website.

VNvztu2.jpg

4. Click RMB for context menu over the image and select 'Copy image link' (this is example from Edge browser. In Chrome, Opera of Firefox this link may look different).

Note: Other embedded options to copy link available in this website are NOT suitable for image upload to Rocksmith forum. Only direct links are accepted and properly recognised.

xq9UtsF.jpg

II. Longer to set-up but more relayable way - most handy for frequent use uploads

A. Setting Imgur account and MyImgur app

Note: Creating account on Imgur is not mandatory, however there are some limitations (no upload history, etc.), so I strongly suggest to have it set up 🙂. If you don't want to set up account - go to point 2...

1. Set up an account on Imgur: The magic of the Internet

2. Install MyImgur from MyImgur 3.95 » Download (eden.fm) - there is also portable version, however it lacks RMB menu option "Send to Imgur", which is quite handy.

Note: Steps 4-6 - Linking MyImgur app with your Imgur account (if you have it) are not mandatory, however there are some limitations if you don't do it (limited quality, smaller uploads limit, etc), so I strongly suggest to have it set up 🙂

3. After install open MyImgur settings

LjCNZgq.jpg

Go through points 4 to 6 only if you want to connect MyImgur app with your Imgur account (not mandatory, but some limitations apply).

4. In settings go to Imgur Login / API and Click Login button. This will open a window to enter a login code. And also open Imgur website.

3WS0PlR.jpgnkpinXX.jpg

5. If you are not logged in in Imgur.com, you need to enter your login details and click 'allow' to get a login PIN code for the app.

xYEAjxg.jpgnOGnVFc.jpg

6. Copy PIN and paste in MyImgur and press OK. This will connect the app with your Imgur account.

dtNXWy8.jpgfwa1lGo.jpg

7. I also changed few settings to my liking. For me this one is essential for uploading screenshots to Championship:

hCC9DOR.jpg

8. Now you are all set-up for uploading your stunning scores.

B. Uploading single image (NOT for portable version)

1. Navigate to the Steam screenshots folder (for Rocksmith 2014 usually C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/userdata/<account number>/760/remote/221680/screenshots)

2. Select image you want to upload and click with RMB to open context menu. Select  'Send to Imgur'.

ZDlURnx.jpg

3. This will upload image to Imgur.

C1. Uploading single image - Drag & Drop (both portable and installed versions)

1. Navigate to the Steam screenshots folder (for Rocksmith 2014 usually C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/userdata/<account number>/760/remote/221680/screenshots)

2. Select image you want to upload and drag and drop to MyImgur window.

P3TKodo.jpg

3. This will upload image to Imgur.

C2. Uploading single image - from MyImgur app (both portable and installed versions)

1. Open MyImgur app

2. Select 'Capture/Upload' dropdown option and then 'Upload File'.

6r4ZEd5.jpg0TC8lKF.jpg

3. Navigate to the Steam screenshots folder (for Rocksmith 2014 usually C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/userdata/<account number>/760/remote/221680/screenshots)

4. Select image you want to upload and then click 'Open'

5IfZBsL.jpg

5. This will upload image to Imgur.

D. Uploading multiple images

2. Select required images you want to upload (with holding CTRL or SHIFT) .

3. Use upload method from B (context menu) or C1 (drag & drop) above.

4. Alternatively, in step C2, select multiple files (with holding CTRL or SHIFT).

E. Getting link to the single image

1. If you have set up 'Copy link to clipboard after upload', you can jump to section G. now as you have your link already in the clipboard. If not, go to point 2.

2. After file have been uploaded we need to get link to paste to the post.  Open MyImgur, if it did not open after image upload.

3. You should see a thumbnail of the image you have just uploaded. Select 'Copy' dropdown menu.

4io2f7C.jpg

4. In submenu, for Championship posts, we need to select 'Direct link'.

fo6IsrT.jpg

5. Once you have it done, you are ready to paste image link in the post from clipboard.

F. Getting links to multiple images

1. After uploading images with method in section D, open MyImgur app.

2. Select 'Uploads' button.

345qR8U.jpg

3. In the list select the images you just uploaded (holding CTRL or SHIFT), then RMB for context menu and select Copy selected URLs to clipboard.

DYINyKd.jpg

4. Selected image URLs should now be ready in the clipboard for entering in the forum.

III. Inserting images to post

1. Create new reply in the relevant week of the Championship

2. Paste the link from clipboard (Ctrl+V or RMB>Paste). For multiple images, this will paste all the links.

3. Press Enter

4. If the link (or links) is correct (must be direct link - with file extension shown), the script will import the image and show it in the post

5. Publish the post

Final hint: I have screenshots folder pinned to Quick links in Windows file browser so I don't have to navigate over and over through the folders.

Good luck 🙂

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Thx @ kayteck

picr.de is also add-free, superfast and you instantly get the forum link, also for multiple files (yes, it is in german, but you really do not need to read anything)
Best and easiest service i found so far

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.