fix for cdlc

ccrocker7

Question

15 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, ccrocker7 said:

Hello..I have the cherub rock file on dcl folder. I have the D3DX9_42.dll installed in rocksmith2014 folder and still i can't find any cdlc when I try to play them..Any suggestion to solve the trouble? Thanks.

What platform are you using? If you are using Windows 11, there have been other members who have had the same struggle. Past that, Have you used or been able to use cDLC before? Is this a new issue?

Well I just sadly discovered that cherub rock (purchased on Steam) appears on the dlc folder..but if I just play the game it doesn't appears at all..so you can't play it. And worst of all, I guess as an aftermath of  it  you can't find any cdlc to play..

Some kind of advice or solution? Thanks. 

If what you said all is true, that MAY be the case. If cherub rock is not selected in DLC content, and does not appear in game, CDLC will not appear.

Go back into Rocksmith and make sure you DON'T have your filter to only favorites.

If it still does not appear, or favorites only is not selected

Exit Rocksmith. Go back to your DLC folder, and delete Cherub Rock from DLC folder.

Go to Steam, Go to Library, Select Rocksmith, Go to show DLC. UNCHECK Cherub Rock. Recheck Cherub Rock, watch the bottom section of the Steam Window, to see if it is downloading.

Check your DLC folder. If Cherub Rock IS NOT redownloaded, and in your DLC, go back to Steam Library and right click Rocksmith 2014 from the list of games, under Properties, Local files, click the "verify integrity of game files". This will force it to check all the game files and check and verify DLC files (forcing download of Cherub Rock). I would still verify files even if it did download.

If this still does not  force it to appear in game, I personally am out of suggestions.

Well...I did all the tricks suggested and everything remains the same. I'll try to ask ubisoft why I can't have available on the game Cherub Rock even if it appears on the dlc folder...althought I think they don't support the game at all anymore...

The mod is RS2014-Mod-Installer....enabler for cdlc...It pops up a window telling 'error' be sure you're executing steam to open the game (which obviously I do)..then you press accept and you're inside the game.When you quit the game there's a message that says RS2014 is trying to start with the following optional parameters "-uplay_steam_mode"...If you're not asking for this kind of starting or you don't understand these options.. select Cancel...

18 hours ago, ccrocker7 said:

RS2014-Mod-Installer.

I did a lot of research last night. I am not sure any of this is going to work. What appears to be happening, and I am not certain about this, is that your game lost the license info and  are not recieving the license info from UBI. Seems to have been a problem for a few users a few years ago, and other times in the past. Usually mac users, but has happened to windows users as well. (based on accounts around the web.)

remove the D3DX9_42.dll.

try closing steam and re-running it and rocksmith as admin. make sure you are logged into your ubi account in rocksmith.

Try running rocksmith from the library, using the green button. Again, making sure you are logged into your ubi account, to receive the license info from ubi.

again, this is based on research, not personal knowledge.

When Cherub Rock appears finally in game, use this link and install the .dll manually instead of using the enabler.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ZKYtpB0vu2U3RLa1ZvdmxJczg/view?resourcekey=0-fbWMN9R83EFvASSbAIgNbA

best of luck, I am not sure that there is anything more I can do, someone with more experience may have to lend some help.

13 hours ago, Radek15988 said:

watch this movie  .there is a solution  of this problem . i had similar  type of the problem , and it works.

Everything in this video is elementary, and listed in the how to guides on this site, and already covered in above thread. The author's problem is that the Cherub Rock song is not showing in game, therefore not allowing the author to play Cdlcs

FINALLY I found the settings before the fatal update and deleting the cache once more and making a fresh installation it works again although with the old settings. Sometimes while playing just disappears the game...maybe some old virtue courtesy from Microsoft windows..but I just re-start the game and it works again...Thank you to all of you there.

On 2/20/2023 at 1:56 PM, ccrocker7 said:

FINALLY I found the settings before the fatal update and deleting the cache once more and making a fresh installation it works again although with the old settings. Sometimes while playing just disappears the game...maybe some old virtue courtesy from Microsoft windows..but I just re-start the game and it works again...Thank you to all of you there.

Can you share the settings? Or how did u get them? I have te same exact problem