Guitar Pro 8 vs Go PlayALong 4 for creating CDLCs

lduperval
Go to solution Solved by coldrampage,

HI,

Has anyone used the new version of Guitar Pro 8 to sync songs instead of using Go Play Along 4? If so, what changes?

I'm trying to figure out the best way to sync my tab with a track in GP8. I could do it pretty quickly with GPA4, but if I can rely on one less tool, that would be great!

Thanks for any insight,

L

• Solution
15 hours ago, lduperval said:

HI,

Has anyone used the new version of Guitar Pro 8 to sync songs instead of using Go Play Along 4? If so, what changes?

I'm trying to figure out the best way to sync my tab with a track in GP8. I could do it pretty quickly with GPA4, but if I can rely on one less tool, that would be great!

Thanks for any insight,

L

gp8 lacks the auto sync and peak snapping features of gpa which makes it a bit trickier to use but it's no harder than using eof on it's own to sync manually. The only real difference is that to use the synced gp8 file you need to bake the bpm changes into the tab, export it as a midi and then import it into eof, then you can import the tab on top of the midi imported beatmap.

If you've already got gpa you might as well keep using it or if you want to cut it out of your workflow maybe try syncing directly in eof instead which'll skip all the extra importing gp8 adds for basically the same syncing process.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

• 3 weeks later...

I've never used GoPlayAlong but I just got GP8 and am loving the audio sync feature. Its a huge improvement over using EOF to sync the audio in terms of how easy and quick to work it is. Plus having the audio sync'd to the tab in GP8 is beyond useful when it comes to transcribing the tab and making corrections. Importing into EOF is a breeze... loving it