Riff Repeater issues

https://ignition4.customsforge.com/cdlc/74830

https://ignition4.customsforge.com/cdlc/74774

I've received comments on the above CDLCs I recently uploaded people seem to be having some unknown issue using riff repeater. However, I have played all parts on both of these CDLCs many times over using riff repeater and have not encountered any issues at all. What am I missing here? Is there something that would cause riff repeater issues for one person but not for another? 

Neither commenter has given me any detail as to what the issue is, and I can't find any problems... DLCs were built with DLC Builder so I don't know if there's something about it that I'm missing. Never had any comments on riff repeater issues before

I also do not test the generated Mac file at all since I don't have a Mac. Not sure if there might be something going on with the Mac versions being generated

I started on Beguile when you released it. Thank you very much for this by the way. Many thanks. (heard this tune on the college radio channel while i was driving around, and had to find this tune. I instantly knew it was Smashing Pumpkins).

Anyways, I started the guitar using Riff Repeater to slow it way down to get the rhythm right.. (I will do bass a little later.) I did not have a problem with it at all. (Windows)

I will keep you posted if I do.

Thanks for the feedback @ Sniper Reload3d

Its good to know this doesn't seem to be a universal issue. Although I'm really wondering why some people would be having issues. I loaded both songs again and cycled through each phrase in riff repeater without any problems, so I really don't know.

I never use dynamic difficulty at all and always have it set to 100% so perhaps that could somehow be related, but I did try dialing the level down and cycling through phrases still worked

I ran through the Lead again. adjusted the difficulty up, down, back up, each with varying speeds. I tried each individual section as well, same thing, up, down, up, varying speeds. I couldn't get it to crash.  I spent over an hour on Lead.

I ran through the Bass a few times, same thing, adjusting the difficulty, and the speed. Same thing, I couldn't get it to not work or crash.

I ran through the Rhythm a couple times. Again, same thing. I personally, am not having problems with Beguiled.

I did not get to Alt Lead.

10 hours ago, arrov said:

I never use dynamic difficulty at all and always have it set to 100%

I slow it down, especially on a new song. I can't count fret markers and find my fingers when a wall of notes are flying at me. I am old school. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast. I can not sight read. Turning down the difficulty for the first run through can give a beginner a feel for the hand positions before having all the notes fly at them. I am also assuming you transcribed the song, so I mean, you really have already played the song through. I am also a troglodyte bass player, and this is the first year in at least 6 years that I picked the guitar back up. Difficult finding your frets and getting fingers in those tiny higher tight fret spaces for a bass player. I mean, i can barely count to 4.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to do all that testing @ Sniper Reload3d I really appreciate it. Maybe the people are having the common problem with CDLC not loading without a reinstall of the .dll file & they are confused... cus I have no idea what's happening for them

I also slow songs way down when I'm learning them. I spend a considerable amount of time playing songs at very reduced speeds... I just never turn down the DD levels. I find its more helpful to see everything and decide myself what notes/chords/whatever I want to focus on, if it needs to be simplified while learning. IMO its better to slow it down to 1% than to use the DD, but that's just me

1 hour ago, arrov said:

without a reinstall of the .dll file

I doubt it is the .dll issue, the song wouldn't load if that was the case. If they are having an issue where it jams or crashes, without being able to duplicate it or have them say particularly what the issue is, we won't know.

1 hour ago, arrov said:

but that's just me

as the saying goes, "to each their own"... and it holds true for learning. I agree with what you are saying / said about seeing all of the notes, and take it down to 1%. Some people just learn differently, or take a different approach. I have before started with the DD preset to a lower level by the game, and let it run through the first time or two, and I can see where a simplified version of a song with missing notes then progress the difficulty would help some people. Especially if you can be aware of changing hand positions. I do find it extremely confusing particularly on rhythms when a phrase is missing parts and it makes it into a goofy off beat or blocky rhythm that interrupts the flow. But again, to each their own.

When I get time tomorrow I will mess with the alt lead. If i have enough time, I will start on one of the other ones.

Last night I did all of the Alt lead for Beguiled. I checked every DD segment, as with other tests, decreased difficulty, max difficulty, and difficulty in betweens. Increased speed, decreased speeds for all selected difficulties. I tried to make it crash as before. I got nothing abnormal.

I went on last night to check Lead, Alt Lead, and Rhythm for Beyond The Vale. I was no where near exhaustive in my efforts, but I found no abnormalities there either.

I wish I could say the same for the Bass. While I did not get it to crash, I could not get the forth open D before the 7th fretted A to sound on each and every segment. I slowed it way down, 20230206220809_1.thumb.jpg.32cc49054a469de49e83719ba54b5267.jpg

played it at max speed, removed as many notes while still having that note. I tried 3 different basses, adjusted and re-calibrated each one. I tried 2 different (six string) guitars. (Wish we would go to calling them tenor guitars to avoid confusion.) It "recorded" it as a successful note only a few times. I can not repeat the successes or why they are being noted as successes and not failures. I am totally clueless. If it was a bent note, a slide, dual slide, a double stop bend, I would say it was me. In this case, I am sure it is not. I do not know what is causing it.

but as far as DD not working, I am clueless as it works fine for me.

3 hours ago, arrov said:

take a look at the EOF chart

I played around with it again last night. I have to take a screen shot of it, I didn't get one last night. Rocksmith is showing it as 2 separate notes. I downloaded the guitar pro tab from your file, I just haven't had time to look at it, I just got home.

15 minutes ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

I played around with it again last night. I have to take a screen shot of it, I didn't get one last night. Rocksmith is showing it as 2 separate notes. I downloaded the guitar pro tab from your file, I just haven't had time to look at it, I just got home.

Ok, I see the problem. Its a slide up to the 7th fret from zero, which isn't really possible to chart in EOF. So its showing as just playing the open string when it should be playing the open string and then sliding up to 7. Its in the chart but wont display in RS. I'll have to do a work around like hammering onto 1 and then sliding up, or just remove the slide

This is actually repeated through the whole song starting at the intro. 

1 minute ago, arrov said:

Ok, I see the problem. Its a slide up to the 7th fret from zero, which isn't really possible to chart in EOF. So its showing as just playing the open string when it should be playing the open string and then sliding up to 7. Its in the chart but wont display in RS. I'll have to do a work around like hammering onto 1 and then sliding up, or just remove the slide

ahhhhhh. I was close, but not horseshoe close. Makes sense. And I just got the screen grab, lolz.

(Kinda glad wasn't just me)

I like the hammer on to slide idea, hope RS will be able to show that.

5 hours ago, arrov said:

https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/19891-sliding-from-an-open-note/

I did a search, and this thread came up.

Uploaded a corrected version - just a note, its not actually sliding up to 7 - its a quick slide to 3 and then onto the 7s. Also fixed some things on the guitar parts that might not be noticeable

• 1 month later...

Still seems to be some unknown issue for certain people.. got another comment about riff repeater problems in my latest CDLC which I've tested extensively and just now verified again there is no problem for me. But the commenter says they can't select any sections in Riff Repeater. I haven't changed anything in my CDLC process aside from using DLCBuilder, and again no problems on my end

https://ignition4.customsforge.com/cdlc/75422