Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 482

Mikson

58 minutes ago, Mikson said:

Yes, I edited the post and did it manually. If it's possible, you could make it happen automatically, because it's nice when players get notifications when they win.

yes, this would be handy.

but I found that it is not possible through copy-paste text, AFAIK

3 hours ago, cacahuate51 said:

is it just me or is the whole cdlc in lead path off by a note? i think it should be played up 1 or itd be right with a capo...

I looked at the official tabs and they seem very similar to this, so the chart is fine.

20230114202243-1.jpg

Good quality CDLC and nice old song.

20230114210057-1.jpg

@ cacahuate51 Yes, it seems to be a synthesizer path retabed to a guitar. And @ Rodman I don't see any tapping in this chart, you just need to spread your fingers wide enough and use pull-offs.

20230114200122-1.jpg

Yes, it's a really fun song to play. And another band that I discovered thanks to the championship, if I remember correctly, @ Gamut once picked their song "Raise My Sword' for the championship selection.

This is a screenshot from the past, probably over a year ago when I first played this.

20210514213456-1.jpg

Now I played it again with a better result.

20230115123435-1.jpg

Tribute.

20230115110654-1.jpg

• Like 3

f7zIvUW.png
Pretty fun, especially that main riff.
aifAWaj.png
Not much of a lead guy but thought I'd give this a go.
lVBtxy3.png

• Like 5

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

32 minutes ago, lowender said:

This is only my second week entering the championship and im a bit confused with the rules about the different classes. 

if I post my scores for intermediate bass, can I also enter advance bass as well?

You can post a score for every class, however you can only win in the class you're competing in. Since you're new you aren't assigned to a class yet and you need to choose one.

13 hours ago, Rodman said:

question to the masters: the tapping here - i go twohanded over the first two sections (9-14 and 10-14 on e 12 on b) and then switch to onehanded tapping (9-13 on e) picking the 9 on b - is that a good option?

I wouldn't call myself a master, but I'm gonna still answer. I play it all without tapping, but the stretch is certainly uncomfortable (the 9-14 one mostly), especially since you need to keep the b string fretted. If you're sure of your tapping skills, then it's definitely a valid strategy. I've seen guys tapping much shorter intervals just for the extra speed and rhythmic precision it provides, regardless of their reach. So it's mostly personal preference imo, do what feels better as long as it sounds good.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Second attempt, just so I can procrastinate on learning the mc song a bit longer. Last time Galneryus was on here it gave me ptsd.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Mikson said:

I looked at the official tabs and they seem very similar to this, so the chart is fine.

@ Mikson i think maybe since its an old recording (probably tape) its detuned/ not in a standard note/ pitch inbetween notes?
i know that happens with lemon tree by fools garden you have to pitch  the whole song either up or down some cents  to make a standard tuning instrument fit with the song...or tune the instrument  midway but i think thatd be more of a pain.

that or they didnt tune their guitarswhen recording it, kinda like theres a rhchp song where the only high e was off by some cents dont remember the name..

edit
i imported the song to ableton and the pitch is indeed inbetween notes (30ish cents...) anyways just thought it was interesting.

• Like 2

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

better

For those who don't know it Ayreon is a individual project, and the composer is a multi instrumentalist born keyboardist (this is why there are keyboard/synth solos)

I played the rhythm version a lot in the past, I find it very funny to play.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, nlbsmglsk said:

Second attempt, just so I can procrastinate on learning the mc song a bit longer. Last time Galneryus was on here it gave me ptsd.

I don't find it hard to believe, I'm one hour in RR Galneryus and I'm sooo far from getting good

• Like 2