how to designate when ringing palm mutes in eof?

GutturalSlams

I assumed that when you want to notate a ringing palm mute, like in a breakdown for example, you would set note length to however long the sustain would be for and notate it as a palm mute, but i have found that even when I set note length to 1 and notate the palm mute, it will display in game as being notated to ring out the note when i don't want it to be that way. What gives? how can i properly resolve this or correct this? I have so many charts where the palm mute notation says to ring out when it shouldn't and vice versa

4 hours ago, GutturalSlams said:

I assumed that when you want to notate a ringing palm mute, like in a breakdown for example, you would set note length to however long the sustain would be for and notate it as a palm mute, but i have found that even when I set note length to 1 and notate the palm mute, it will display in game as being notated to ring out the note when i don't want it to be that way. What gives? how can i properly resolve this or correct this? I have so many charts where the palm mute notation says to ring out when it shouldn't and vice versa

When importing a tab, if a note is palm muted EOF will automatically set the sustain to 1ms regardless of length which is a pain in the ass for certain things like breakdowns. Sustain should only really be added to notes that are a quarter note or longer though.

Generally rather than marking them all as sustain I'll mark the staccato notes as accent to differentiate them which allows you to assume the others are to be ringed out without cluttering the chart with short sustained notes. Here's an example of what I did for mick gordon - rip and tear.

For palm muted chords you'll have to use a mix of accents and crazy notes to break the handshapes up which kinda acts as the sustain for chords. Here's an example of how that could look (or this? couldn't find a great example soz), but I should've also used accents in-between the crazy chords to help break up the smaller gaps too.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

2 hours ago, GutturalSlams said:

here's an example of what i mean, so you can  hear the notes are not supposed to be ringing out but rocksmith has it notated like it should, yet in eof note length is set to 1 for each note and shows no sustain

Sustain works differently for chords than single notes. If there's the same chord repeated after a break the handshape will continue ignoring the notes sustain, the only note where sustain matters is the last chord where it's sustain duration will be used to extend the handshape.

You'll have to mark the first chord of each group of notes as crazy (select it and press T) which'll cause a break in the handshape indicating that it shouldn't be sustained.

If you have the "3D render RS style chords" setting on in preferences repeat chords will show up as blue lines in the guitar hero preview window so you can check if it worked from within eof. The note after the gap should show the chord again instead of a blue line.
ExEoIFm.png
This is a screenshot of the eof project from this song.

53 minutes ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

Some of the best looking fret markers I've ever seen ...

You can make some pretty good ones once you have an accurate template, it uses a modified guitarcade skybox to be 4 times higher res than the standard toolkit ones without cutting off the top and bottom of the frets like their templates.
https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/53049-colds-crap/page/5/#comment-359722

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

5 hours ago, coldrampage said:

You can make some pretty good ones once you have an accurate template, it uses a modified guitarcade skybox to be 4 times higher res than the standard toolkit ones without cutting off the top and bottom of the frets like their templates.
https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/53049-colds-crap/page/5/#comment-359722

I didn't mean to high jack the thread lolz. Most of this is went over my head higher and faster than an SR71.

I have looked at some of your guides a while ago, was more than interested. I saw where it can be fickle, I downloaded a couple here and there. I'd end up going overboard, and it is time better spent getting a CDLC actually working. I'd endup spending more time drooling over cartoon chics than practicing. But man, those were/are some fine lookin anime babes ya got on there. (gawd im too old to be a weeb)

• Like 1