kids updated my steam and now rs2014 not working

Savage Harv

Question

my kids didn't wanted to play on steam and updated because they couldn't add other games. Im not sure what happened to my back up but is gone.  I redownloaded rs2014 and went to beta put in JustInCaseWeNeedIt says unlocked and now I'm a bit lost as to how do I rollback to previous version? also downloaded new dll and made changes to appmainfest and saved what am I missing to rollback?

3 answers to this question

On 1/10/2023 at 5:17 AM, Savage Harv said:

my kids didn't wanted to play on steam and updated because they couldn't add other games. Im not sure what happened to my back up but is gone.  I redownloaded rs2014 and went to beta put in JustInCaseWeNeedIt says unlocked and now I'm a bit lost as to how do I rollback to previous version? also downloaded new dll and made changes to appmainfest and saved what am I missing to rollback?

If you were able to add the justin code, it should be in the drop down list under betas where you added the code. Would be the top slot there, code slot being under.

Pull the drop down list and select previous version if it is actually unlocked.

Updating Steam itself should have done nothing to Rocksmith, it is independent of the Steam update. Steam updates automatically as well when you log in, to my knowledge it is unavoidable if you are connected to the net. (Which is why the kids would have needed to do so in order to add a new game). Nevertheless, it should not have effected the Rocksmith install.

IF you are using the Beta, you will need the previous .dll. The beta will not work with new .dll. Versa Vice, the new install will not work with the old .dll.

I am told that the post September update is fine and working well with the new .dll, so you should be good to go using the updated version if you can not get the roll back to work. I myself am still using the beta and have no intention of rolling forward until forced to do so, so I can not confirm this. I don't want to see their what's new propaganda adverts for their crap Rocksmith - . I can understand clinging on to the old version.

If you are having this much trouble, and made changes to the appmainfest (I don't know what that was) I am betting you are going to have to hold out for other help.

• Like 1

so I loaded game and it came on song loaded from songs already included.  closed rs and put my cdlc

s in dlc file and started game loaded but  song didn't play?   so I just checked and both dll were in rocksmith file I removed old one and it's working . Thanks 

• Like 1