3D printed guitar

IamLurker

FWIW - first time poster, long time lurker (pun intended 😁)

Will make this short just to start, can provide more info if needed. Had a bunch of parts from doing upgrades and decided to see what I could make. Found 2 designs on thingiverse by user "Aitor pmr". Liked the look of his first design and the construction of his second soooo, I merged them. In short took the top of the first and added it to the middle and bottom of the second. After 6 days and just over a spool of filament I ended up with this.

20221113_151717.thumb.jpg.bef7542f1bb3b4752c578b6377d3d994.jpg

As there is a file size limit, I won't bore you all with the evaluation but will give a tease as it is mostly done. Little quirks, some cosmetic things but working and sounds really good with 80's hair metal 😄

20230101_175646.thumb.jpg.f8bed1e2fa312056e200bcd32c4a0e8d.jpg

4 hours ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

Interesting, looks fantastic. Not for this, but I wish I had a 3D printer. I have to ask, not being a buzz kill or critic, but true concern, is there enough material in the neck pocket to keep it from flexing and or warping under tension?

No warp or flex. The original design was to use a metal bar for mounting the trem and neck. I substituted a block of black walnut as I did not want to deal with the machining. Cutting a block of wood was much easier and faster.

Pic wile fitting the block before the lap joint for the trem was done.

20221229_214032.thumb.jpg.952b60e748079819138deccbcf70a7be.jpg

1 hour ago, IamLurker said:

No warp or flex. The original design was to use a metal bar for mounting the trem and neck. I substituted a block of black walnut as I did not want to deal with the machining. Cutting a block of wood was much easier and faster.

Makes sense. Metal bar would be more ridged, but that is a smart idea with the black walnut. Pretty resourceful, and looks like a fun project.

• 1 year later...

Cool as hell! I've also really wanted to get into 3D printing. Like Sniper said, not for guitars or anything like that, but that's one of the capabilities I've never considered before. Loving the design :+)