Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 481

Mikson

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

wow, that took some hours... what a huge difference here to achieve 97 over 96 for me

45033343qt.jpg

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

1 hour ago, Mikson said:

Do you use a custom tone? Can't believe, the tone sounds terrible. I could possibly use it instead of distortion tones, but when a song uses mostly clean tones, I think my ears would fall off. 🙂

Yeah, I found a one that I can live with and I use it on almost everything with even a hint of distortion. In most cases it's an improvement over the tone included with the song imo.

24 minutes ago, nlbsmglsk said:

Yeah, I found a one that I can live with and I use it on almost everything with even a hint of distortion. In most cases it's an improvement over the tone included with the song imo.

this is a good suggestion but the problem is when you have clean and distortion alternating... do you have a footpedal or something like that? do you quickly press on keyboard/joypad to change the tone?

I only have an audio interface at the moment, no amp o ABY or something else

• Like 1

Hello,

new year, hopefully more time to participate again. I actually wanted to play the christmas songs last year but the long delayed Rocksmith update broke my Linux install of Rocksmith. I had such a nice working install, with RSasio, jack and wineasio. I just wanted to be able to start Steam in online mode again, and finally updated RS. I knew that this would be trouble, I can not get it to work anymore.

Now I'm back on Windows again. Well, RS is helping to justify the space reserved for my windows partition.

Hmm, I do not remember anymore how to embed external images, can someone help me out?

Directly uploaded for now:

20230114194931_1.thumb.jpg.565f4f9d05d168c2a340b8b3123581ae.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, avastreg said:

this is a good suggestion but the problem is when you have clean and distortion alternating... do you have a footpedal or something like that? do you quickly press on keyboard/joypad to change the tone?

I only have an audio interface at the moment, no amp o ABY or something else

Yeah, switching tones is a small problem, I just use the pc keyboard for that. I don't use any pedals or anything with RS, just the official cable. Not even an interface. I do have some amps and pedals, but I don't use them with RS, the cable works fine for me. The only problem is I have to replace it every couple of months.

55 minutes ago, Anwyn said:

Hello,

new year, hopefully more time to participate again. I actually wanted to play the christmas songs last year but the long delayed Rocksmith update broke my Linux install of Rocksmith. I had such a nice working install, with RSasio, jack and wineasio. I just wanted to be able to start Steam in online mode again, and finally updated RS. I knew that this would be trouble, I can not get it to work anymore.

Now I'm back on Windows again. Well, RS is helping to justify the space reserved for my windows partition.

Hmm, I do not remember anymore how to embed external images, can someone help me out?

1. How was the lag situation on linux?

2. If you paste a direct link to an image (as in the url ends in .jpg or similar) it should inline the pic automatically. Works with most filehosts.

21 minutes ago, nlbsmglsk said:

1. How was the lag situation on linux?

Lag war virtually non-existent. I could run Jack with a buffer of 64 samples on 48KHz. That's around 4ms lag (roundtrip). But it was tricky. Started directly from Steam, RS14 would not find the Wine Asio device, you needed to start it via Proton commandline, with Steam running in the background. After the update, RS14 refuses to run outside of Steam.

2. If you paste a direct link to an image (as in the url ends in .jpg or similar) it should inline the pic automatically. Works with most filehosts.

Thank you. Ok, imgur gave me a link without extension, that's probably why it didn't work.