Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 481

Mikson

4 hours ago, nlbsmglsk said:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Maybe I can push it to 99%, but 100 is out of reach for me with the note detection on the slides.

@ It Happens1 3 out of 3, your move.

@ avastreg I know that you're busy rn, but pls don't make me wait till Saturday with your scores.

@ coldrampage Where are you?

Nice! I'll give them a few more tries sometime in the next couple of days. I'll be honest with you though, I'm not big on playing the same song over and over lol. Unless I really like it. So I usually just do a sight read or two before uploading my scores. I never really expect to win. Also, it's been a while since I've done this but last year I thought we had to play the songs in Score Attack for it to count. Just wondering if that rule changed. Going into Score Attack crashes my game a lot. So I hate doing that as well. Takes forever to boot back up. But it is the most accurate way to get your score so I see why it was the rule.  

Happy shredding! 🤘😎🤘

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nlbsmglsk said:

Maybe I can push it to 99%, but 100 is out of reach for me with the note detection on the slides.

@ It Happens1 3 out of 3, your move.

@ avastreg I know that you're busy rn, but pls don't make me wait till Saturday with your scores.

@ coldrampage Where are you?

Yep work, sickness and my child took most of my time 😁

I am RR a bit testament to be competitive, but that's your thing so I doubt to be a challenge this time 😁

• Like 1

12 hours ago, It Happens1 said:

Nice! I'll give them a few more tries sometime in the next couple of days. I'll be honest with you though, I'm not big on playing the same song over and over lol. Unless I really like it. So I usually just do a sight read or two before uploading my scores. I never really expect to win. Also, it's been a while since I've done this but last year I thought we had to play the songs in Score Attack for it to count. Just wondering if that rule changed. Going into Score Attack crashes my game a lot. So I hate doing that as well. Takes forever to boot back up. But it is the most accurate way to get your score so I see why it was the rule.  

Happy shredding! 🤘😎🤘

From what I gather learn a song scores where always allowed. At least since I've been here (Week 412). It's explicitly mentioned in the rules.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, It Happens1 said:

The rules have been the same for a long time (from the beginning?) with minor changes. So of course you can show screenshots from attemps in Learn a Song as well as Score Attack. The main difference is the accuracy score, which is entered into the leaderboard.

16. If you play LAS (Learn a Song), you percentage will be always, xx.00%(example %99.00), if you prefer SA (Score Attack), your percentage will always be xx.xx%(example 99.02%). 

So with very tight competition, it's easier to win when you play in SA mode.

Btw. I've never encountered bugs while playing in SA mode. Maybe you have some mods that cause this?

• Like 1

This shouldn't be too hard, but all my combined bad habits make it a pain to get through. Guess I should try barring the second fret for the main riff?
xWq1ZwC.png
This one's pretty fun.
pbU0AE5.png

• Like 3

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

17 minutes ago, Mikson said:

The rules have been the same for a long time (from the beginning?) with minor changes. So of course you can show screenshots from attemps in Learn a Song as well as Score Attack. The main difference is the accuracy score, which is entered into the leaderboard.

16. If you play LAS (Learn a Song), you percentage will be always, xx.00%(example %99.00), if you prefer SA (Score Attack), your percentage will always be xx.xx%(example 99.02%). 

So with very tight competition, it's easier to win when you play in SA mode.

Btw. I've never encountered bugs while playing in SA mode. Maybe you have some mods that cause this?

Yea I do have a few mods on. And that is more than likely what causes the crashes. I'd rather deal with the crashes than not having some of these amazing mods though. And I think I figured out what is causing it. It's when I change paths from within Score Attack and then skip tuning really fast. I'm gonna try to play around with it later and see if that is 100% the cause. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, coldrampage said:

This shouldn't be too hard, but all my combined bad habits make it a pain to get through. Guess I should try barring the second fret for the main riff?

Are you playing this with a pick? Because that's how it was originally played. Although probably someone who plays mostly with fingers prefers to play this way.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mikson said:

Are you playing this with a pick? Because that's how it was originally played. Although probably someone who plays mostly with fingers prefers to play this way.

I'm playing it with fingers, only really use a pick for stuff like constant 16th notes that kill your hands.

Mostly just the fretting that needs some practice.

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

They have a unique style, but I liked more the other championship song some weeks ago ( @ Mikson  you probably remember the name of the song)

here there is margin for improvement but the quick slides between power chords are not my best

On one of my favorite Kamelot songs I got 94, for me is unacceptable, I will give it proper attention later in the week 🤣

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, avastreg said:

They have a unique style, but I liked more the other championship song some weeks ago ( @ Mikson  you probably remember the name of the song)

Yes, The Curtain Falls from the same album. I must say that I really like this album, although I got to know it recently, before that I listened mainly to newer recordings. And I think I like The Same River the most from this album, because I'm generally a fan of long 10+ minutes of varied compositions. Unfortunately there is no CDLC for this track. 😞

• Like 1

ok now I've paid my tribute!

I agree with @ Rodman , the chart is slightly off and there's the long void at the end. Sorry for submitting the sloppy chart I didn't noticed or remember that

PS: this song let me achieve my longest streak ever, I think (thanks to one note palm muting beats).

High scores and streaks even if easy are always good for the mood!

• Like 3

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
On 1/10/2023 at 5:59 AM, It Happens1 said:

Happy shredding! 🤘😎🤘

Nono, Learn a Song and Score Attack screeners are valid. The downside of LAS is you don´t get the .xx %

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

59 minutes ago, luckyoldme said:

Bit late starting this week.

@ Mikson Or anyone else. Any advice on fretting this?

image.thumb.png.45a42d5d120d3d4e175c029255177663.png

The stretch is possible with index finger on blue and pinky on orange. It could have been charted wrong. Much easier to play 10th fret on A string and 9th fret on G string. How often does that chord show up in the song? What song is it?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, It Happens1 said:

The stretch is possible with index finger on blue and pinky on orange. It could have been charted wrong. Much easier to play 10th fret on A string and 9th fret on G string. How often does that chord show up in the song? What song is it?

It's this weeks beginner bass,  Words in the Water.  Thanks, you are right, it should be charted on 10th fret of A string rather than 5th fret of D string, that will work nicely. it is played a few times and there is another charted with 8th fret on E string  can be played as 13th fret on A string. Lesson learned I hope. Many Thanks.

image.thumb.png.473c7faf5cca80e8f64c44d1699a2f18.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, luckyoldme said:

Bit late starting this week.

@ Mikson Or anyone else. Any advice on fretting this?

To be honest, I haven't tested the bass path in this song. 😬 I tested the guitar parts a long time ago and bass rating was done by @ jellisjenius  and I chose this because I know he does rather good bass difficulty ratings.
And I think as @ It Happens1 wrote you can add +5 frets and go a string higher (in Rosksmith view). Then it should be much easier, and from what I can see in the screen, there is plenty of time to prepare to play the chord.

16 minutes ago, Mikson said:

To be honest, I haven't tested the bass path in this song. 😬 I tested the guitar parts a long time ago and bass rating was done by @ jellisjenius  and I chose this because I know he does rather good bass difficulty ratings.
And I think as @ It Happens1 wrote you can add +5 frets and go a string higher (in Rosksmith view). Then it should be much easier, and from what I can see in the screen, there is plenty of time to prepare to play the chord.

I tested both guitar and bass part for a previous selection but didn't noticed it (I think I'm biased by emulating the bass with the guitar, so maybe it's because of that)

improved mc lead

• Like 3