Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 480

avastreg

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

clear (7) - for the very low tuning best as bonus, as it is placed!

44961327fz.jpg

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Pretty fun.
Jnu9BP5.png

Played most of the intro a string up, rip.
j2qODcX.png

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

11 minutes ago, Mikson said:

So one of them should be the song on masterclass rhythm path. It makes no sense to create a bonus and add a song from the past for the masterclass.

@ avastreg

exactly.. i´d recommend dropping In Flames and putting Hook (8.5) mc

• Like 1

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

1 hour ago, Rodman said:

exactly.. i´d recommend dropping In Flames and putting Hook (8.5) mc

Done! I chose to put Hook rhythm as adv bonus because I rated it too low I guess and I needed a rhythm mc

1 hour ago, Rodman said:

way harder than lead (8)

44961143ae.jpg

are u sure? I don't agree but I will check. Lead has rhythm and the lead parts

@ Rodman I checked Falconer's rhythm and yeah it's more difficult because it was transcribed in E standard, so it's a bit of mindfuck when you play lead and then rhythm, because it's the same song but played almost completely in a different way (and the E std version is harder)

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

PS: I tried Hook's alt rhythm and I think is a good high int bonus, what do you think?  Can I add it?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, avastreg said:

@ Rodman I checked Falconer's rhythm and yeah it's more difficult because it was transcribed in E standard, so it's a bit of mindfuck when you play lead and then rhythm, because it's the same song but played almost completely in a different way (and the E std version is harder)

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

PS: I tried Hook's alt rhythm and I think is a good high int bonus, what do you think?  Can I add it?

Sure dou can do that.

I created the leaderboard file yd for you.

As long as there are no scores entered just add that bonus arrangement to "new week", delete the week480 sheet in the lb file manually and click add week in new week!

Hell, yeah - it´s the 2022 Leaderboards!!!

44964267ld.jpg

Congrats to all the winners and everyone up there - you Rock!!!!

What can i say? Lot´s of competition, yay. @ kayteck and @ luckyoldme - over 400pts in your categories - bravo bravo!
@ Bottledpat12 and @ nlbsmglsk - oh boys... what a close race in the end! Keep up that spirit and keep showing us how it is done 😉
@ Mikson - thx for so much consistent help first of all!!!!! ....i told you i wouldn´t let you get all 3 that year.... and i was wrong. I had the feeling, having a great year on bass i would have won bass, but ... feelings betray you - far off 4th. In lead... yeah - you are the slightly better esp. lead guitarist, with a lot of vastly underrated songs and frequently my beloved arpeggios - far behind; also a hundred points shy in rhy... hmmm - you had a great year, man! I had a horrible one with getting buried in work for besides working full time my own business that i started 2 years ago made it a 60+hours week and my brothers 2yo daughter was diagnosed with a bad bad tumor... 2023 - better! The lil one is doing great (praise modern medicine!) and i cut work to 4days a week. I am expecting to get 1hour of guitartime a day again and yes, making it harder for you to get 3 again!
@ avastreg - honor battling with you - obviously you are not on our level 😉 - make sure you give those mc monsters a hard time now after your adv vacation.
@ diceslinger - it would be great if you would find the time to battle that year again, and maybe we could reboot our off-RS series also 😉

@everyonehere - just have a great 2023!

Rod.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Rodman said:

44964267ld.jpg

Congrats to all the winners and everyone up there - you Rock!!!!

Ahh another year has passed - my second full one (I started competing in spring 2020). I didn't expect to win again on all three paths. The key is, first of all, to compete regularly and not miss championship weeks.

I have no doubt that @ avastreg would beat me in a all-year competition in lead path, but he competed too short in my class.

In the bass path there was a really tight competition with @ jellisjenius , I can see your continuous progress, so next year could be yours if you don't let it go!

thx for so much consistent help first of all!!!!! ....i told you i wouldn´t let you get all 3 that year.... and i was wrong. I had the feeling, having a great year on bass i would have won bass, but ... feelings betray you - far off 4th

Yes, I remember when you and @ diceslinger promised to fight and beat me in one of the paths. It's a pity that Dice stopped competing pretty quickly this year.

In lead... yeah - you are the slightly better esp. lead guitarist, with a lot of vastly underrated songs and frequently my beloved arpeggios - far behind; also a hundred points shy in rhy... hmmm - you had a great year, man!

Thanks for kind words! The hardest part is competing with you in songs that have a chart with lots of power chords and quick changes those chords. Then I lose most of the time.

I had a horrible one with getting buried in work for besides working full time my own business that i started 2 years ago made it a 60+hours week and my brothers 2yo daughter was diagnosed with a bad bad tumor... 2023 - better! The lil one is doing great (praise modern medicine!)

Ah too bad, these are always hard times. It's really admirable that you've been able to compete so regularly. I wish your little one good health!

Have a good competition in the new year everyone! 🎸

• Like 2

On 1/1/2023 at 5:12 PM, avastreg said:

lol sorry I made the tech mental jump seeing the scripts, the sheets and everything 😄 

Now that I know I will fill them (and maybe I can try to build something to recognize scores if I find the time, then @ kayteck we will integrate it, in case)

I'm currently working on a OCR solution, but sadly I'm way off schedule (life gets in the way). I'd be more than happy if you can beat me to it.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 9:47 AM, Rodman said:

@ Bottledpat12 and @ nlbsmglsk - oh boys... what a close race in the end! Keep up that spirit and keep showing us how it is done 😉

Well, if @ Bottledpat12 posted more I wouldn't have a chance to tell the truth. Regardless, I still hoped for a win by persistence.

Still, 2 out of 3 ain't bad, I'll take it.

• Like 1

I played this a long time ago during testing.

20211008211029-1.jpg

Middle part is not so easy (5.5-6).

20230102214310-1.jpg

Oh, it's going to be hard for me to compete here. Pretty fast and chaotic chart (7.5).

20230102213349-1.jpg

This is very nice vibes. Unfortunately, no hand shapes in the arpeggio parts meant that I didn't know how to play them (8).

20230102212443-1.jpg

• Like 3

On 1/2/2023 at 9:47 AM, Rodman said:

@ avastreg - honor battling with you - obviously you are not on our level 😉 - make sure you give those mc monsters a hard time now after your adv vacation.

On 1/2/2023 at 7:45 PM, Mikson said:

I have no doubt that @ avastreg would beat me in a all-year competition in lead path, but he competed too short in my class.

Thanks, I'm not that far! And advanced is such a great class, always great songs, had a great time!! I started in April. And now let's return to suffer more 😆

I'm grateful for discovering the championship (even unfortunately so late) and how you are so inspiring by carrying on with it over the years with a very slick organization! 

1 hour ago, nlbsmglsk said:

Well, if @ Bottledpat12 posted more I wouldn't have a chance to tell the truth. Regardless, I still hoped for a win by persistence.

Still, 2 out of 3 ain't bad, I'll take it.

Yeah, I don't even compare to Bottledpat. @ nlbsmglsk  in reality i'm not even on your level, but I will play the same strategy you have with Bottledpat, i.e. persistence 🤣
@ johnal I think we can duel pretty well, if it happens

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mikson said:

This is very nice vibes. Unfortunately, no hand shapes in the arpeggio parts meant that I didn't know how to play them.

they are essentially basic chords, like A, E, F#, C#7 or 9 (the only one peculiar), F#/D, E and so on
but it's very very fast, a lot of string skipping and with some extra passage notes

1 hour ago, nlbsmglsk said:

I'm currently working on a OCR solution, but sadly I'm way off schedule (life gets in the way). I'd be more than happy if you can beat me to it.

As you like, I tried two or three things, and just found a quick low-cost solution that seems to work pretty well on the first tests. I can elaborate if you want.

The longest (and most boring) part is the scraping of the forum, where essentially for a thread I need name and images' links (name/imageurl tuples will be ok) for all the pages of the thread. I know how to do it but it takes a while.
Do you have something already made for that? Also @ kayteck  @ Rodman  do you know if some machine readable feed of the forum does exist?