Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 479

Mikson

Welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship!

-= Week 479 =-

Theme Week - ❄️ Winter 🥶

FAQ: => How and Why join the Championships?

=> Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

Previous' week Winners are:

Lead:
- Beginner:  @ kayteck (95)
- Beginner Bonus: LOST TROPHY
- Intermediate: LOST TROPHY
- Inter/Adv Bonus: LOST TROPHY
- Advanced:  @ avastreg (91.82)
- Masterclass:  @ nlbsmglsk (72)

Rhythm:
- Beginner: LOST TROPHY
- Beginner Bonus: LOST TROPHY
- Intermediate:  @ kayteck (99)
- Int/Adv Bonus: LOST TROPHY
- Advanced:  @ Rodman (93)
- Masterclass:  @ nlbsmglsk (96)

Bass:
- Beginner:  @ luckyoldme (99.18)
- Beginner Bonus:  @ luckyoldme (98)
- Intermediate:  @ PoneyNinja (95.41)
- Intermediate Bonus:  @ rodentwentyten (93.72)
- Advanced:  @ jellisjenius (99.67)
- Masterclass:  @ nlbsmglsk (99.79)

So many classes with no winner, sad 🙁

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

Rocksmith Championship Leaderboard

This week's songs are:

Lead Path:
Beginner: Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal (3*)
Intermediate: Heidevolk - Winter Woede (5*)
Advanced: Blind Guardian - Noldor (Dead Winter Reigns) (7*) (Eb standard)
Masterclass: Dream Theater - A Change Of Seasons IV - The Darkest Of Winters (9*)
God of Guitar: DragonForce - Inside The Winter Storm (10) [Week 1 of 2] [Lead or Alternate Lead (I recommend alternate)]

Rhythm Path:
Beginner: Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal (3*)
Intermediate: Heidevolk - Winter Woede (5*)
Advanced: Blind Guardian - Noldor (Dead Winter Reigns) (5.5) (Eb standard)
Masterclass: DragonForce - Inside The Winter Storm (7.5)

Bass Path:
Beginner: Heidevolk - Winter Woede (4*)
Beginner Bonus: Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal (3)
Intermediate: Blind Guardian - Noldor (Dead Winter Reigns) (6.5^) (Eb standard)
Advanced: DragonForce - Inside The Winter Storm (7)
Masterclass: Dream Theater - A Change Of Seasons IV - The Darkest Of Winters (9*)

You can submit your song suggestions for the championship here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HzgY90kLwyGqzJ-R64v8lmpeQMMhhxwGwUlenepIgms/edit#gid=6

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police:

Let us know your opinions on the accuracy of the difficulty scores (1-10) for this weeks songs.

• Thanks 3

Winter has come! So I decided to create a special week with songs with winter in the title.

In the beginner class, a calm song, but above it's only heavier playing 😉

I was a bit unsure about the difficulty rating of some of the rhythm and bass paths. This is mainly for the Bling Guardian song, which I find to be generally intermediate on rhythm and bass, but these paths have one more difficult short section, which is why I added a 0.5 to the ratings.

Dragonforce song is an incredibly fast ride in lead path! The main lead path contains some unplayable notes (probably not that important for the overall score), so I allow playing an alternate lead that is on a similar difficulty level. Play freely!
For the bass, this song can be a bit boring and it's pretty easy to achieve 99% by long streaks of the same notes, but it does have some quick technical transitions so this is an advanced level.

On the other hand, Dream Theater's song is really nice for the bass!
And it's really worth playing a Heidevolk song for fun. I suppose not many people know this band and this song has a nice chart and vocals. That's all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Blind Guardian and Dream Theater on the same week, both on my top 5 bands of all time, can't ask for more! And with two great legendary songs (or parts of a legendary song)
Also Dragonforce is always a fun addition
Great theme and taste @ Mikson , thanks!
and merry xmas to all of you!

• Like 1

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Cool song, not a big fan of how it's charted with all the little unnecessary slides:

This...is sadly a poor chart. The whole middle of the song is off sync, the most interesting bass part of the song isn't charted (the little bridge before halfway point), and it's just not very good:

It happens that DragonForce has other winter themed songs with CDLC. I highly recommend switching Adv Bass to this one. I see that it's no longer on CF so I can share it from here:

Most DT is still a bit above my level:

I will be on holiday for the next week so this will be it for me on Week 479. Good luck, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to all!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jellisjenius said:

This...is sadly a poor chart. The whole middle of the song is off sync, the most interesting bass part of the song isn't charted (the little bridge before halfway point), and it's just not very good:

3 hours ago, jellisjenius said:

It happens that DragonForce has other winter themed songs with CDLC. I highly recommend switching Adv Bass to this one. I see that it's no longer on CF so I can share it from here:

Yes, I know the bass chart of Dragonforce song isn't of the highest quality, and I also wish there were notes in bridge (I searched but couldn't find tabs to improve this), but for most of the song, I felt this was playable.

I checked this other DragonForce song unavailable on Ignition and chart is ok but also has imperfections like obscured notes (screen). But most of all, this is too easy for  advanced class, in my opinion this is max 6. I won't change it for now, unless someone else supports such an idea (but not too late). It's a pity you can't play this week because I tested a good bass only CDLC that I could replace but I don't want to take away your chance to play. 😕

20221225214228-1.jpg

6 minutes ago, jellisjenius said:

Another idea is to use “Black Winter Night” as intermediate and the Blind Guardian song as advanced. That one section of the BG track is MC level hard IMO.

Yes this is a possible solution. Still, I'd like for someone else to give their opinion.

Dragonforce is bad enough even when it's in sync, I had to turn off my audio just to get through this one.
zargX3R.png

Some weird fingering choices here and slightly off sync in places but nowhere near as bad as the dragonforce chart.
xvGQ4tc.png
KWJNoJT.png

• Like 2

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

9 hours ago, Mikson said:

@ Sharuh

Good playing, I haven't seen videos of playing championship songs here for a long time, so it's nice that you did it!

Looks like you have skills above the intermediate class. 🙂

thanks, ye the winter woede song was like spot on my capabilities, with some practice I could bring it to be sorta clean, but the next one, noldor. spend the rest of yesterday practicing that one and it's hard barely able to pull through easy on score attack. so I'm like really good in Intermediate or really bad in advanced. I'll practice it more today and for the rest of the week and upload if I get something passable

• Like 3