Direct input suddenly not working

litesport

Question

I have being playing Rocksmith 2014 Remastered along with my son for about a year. With much thanks to this community we are able to use custom DLCs and use the direct input method. We also followed the JustInCaseWeNeedIt advice to continue playing the game.

But...

For some reason my son now does not have the option to use the direct input method when he plays, only I do.  I am attaching some screenshots of what I see versus him so it might be clearer to understand.

I did try running the mod again using the set and forget settings reopen the direct mode. This just broke the game. By that I mean when we tried to load the game, we got the initial white start up screen and then it closes and we are back to the desktop.

We are on a PC, Windows 10, will screenshot specs,

image.thumb.png.62e1564f13cf6ca92561636ee3e98eb1.png

2 working.jpg

1 not working.jpg

1 working.jpg

2 not working.jpg

2 answers to this question

6 hours ago, litesport said:

For some reason my son now does not have the option to use the direct input method when he plays, only I do.  I am attaching some screenshots of what I see versus him so it might be clearer to understand.

Direct connect mode is in the game by default so it saved his input device as it, but without the modified cache file from rsmods you can't re-activate through the menu it if you switch off it.
W3gtzbA.jpg

7 hours ago, litesport said:

I have being playing Rocksmith 2014 Remastered along with my son for about a year. With much thanks to this community we are able to use custom DLCs and use the direct input method. We also followed the JustInCaseWeNeedIt advice to continue playing the game.

The beta hasn't been needed for months, you can use the latest version of rocksmith and and update all your mods. Not sure if it'd stop the crash when reactivating direct connect mode but it might be worth a go.
https://ignition4.customsforge.com/tools/CDLCEnabler
https://github.com/Lovrom8/RSMods/releases/tag/RSModsInstaller-v1.2.7.2

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

On 12/17/2022 at 12:56 AM, coldrampage said:

Direct connect mode is in the game by default so it saved his input device as it, but without the modified cache file from rsmods you can't re-activate through the menu it if you switch off it.
W3gtzbA.jpg

The beta hasn't been needed for months, you can use the latest version of rocksmith and and update all your mods. Not sure if it'd stop the crash when reactivating direct connect mode but it might be worth a go.
https://ignition4.customsforge.com/tools/CDLCEnabler
https://github.com/Lovrom8/RSMods/releases/tag/RSModsInstaller-v1.2.7.2

Thank you, all is good again.

Greatly appreciated.