Rocksmith Remastered clean tone bug

protunder

Question

6 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, protunder said:

Is it from the pc that I am with or is it any problem with the game itself?

It can happen on certain old custom songs that did not have any tone set when they were made. This will kill the tone every time you play that song.
It can also just happen randomly, sometimes I get it for seemingly no reason playing the same old songs with the proper tones set.

There's an option in rsmods to try and fix it, managed to un-kill my tone when it happened yesterday. Might be worth a go.
As8xlCW.png

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

12 hours ago, coldrampage said:

It can happen on certain old custom songs that did not have any tone set when they were made. This will kill the tone every time you play that song.
It can also just happen randomly, sometimes I get it for seemingly no reason playing the same old songs with the proper tones set.

There's an option in rsmods to try and fix it, managed to un-kill my tone when it happened yesterday. Might be worth a go.
As8xlCW.png

And this is another problem of mine. When I install RSMods the game crashes before it starts and when I uninstall RSMods it back to normal. I am using audio interface behringer u-phoria ums 22 if this is helping.

6 hours ago, protunder said:

And this is another problem of mine. When I install RSMods the game crashes before it starts and when I uninstall RSMods it back to normal. I am using audio interface behringer u-phoria ums 22 if this is helping.

There used to be an issue with using rsmods and rsasio at the same time which'd cause the game to crash if you were using certain versions of both tools. If you're not on the beta branch of rocksmith and are using the latest version of both mods they should be able to work together though.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

2 hours ago, coldrampage said:

There used to be an issue with using rsmods and rsasio at the same time which'd cause the game to crash if you were using certain versions of both tools. If you're not on the beta branch of rocksmith and are using the latest version of both mods they should be able to work together though.

I checked the versions of both and they are the latests available, I also checked the beta branch and it's fine but the game still continues to crash...

1 hour ago, protunder said:

I checked the versions of both and they are the latests available, I also checked the beta branch and it's fine but the game still continues to crash...

If you rename avrt.dll to temporarily disable rsasio and confirm it's an rsmods issue, you might have to open an issue on the rsmods github page.
If you send them the latest .mdmp crash file from your rocksmith root folder and explain when it crashes they might be able to figure out something, since this kinda thing is unfortunately beyond my expertise.

24 minutes ago, coldrampage said:

If you rename avrt.dll to temporarily disable rsasio and confirm it's an rsmods issue, you might have to open an issue on the rsmods github page.
If you send them the latest .mdmp crash file from your rocksmith root folder and explain when it crashes they might be able to figure out something, since this kinda thing is unfortunately beyond my expertise.

Thanks for all that effort man, I really appreciate it. Take care.

• Like 1