What is a legitimate reason to report CDLC?

Shroud

I noticed that when you report a CDLC, it is removed from the database listing automatically. This makes all sense when the reason for reporting is that the CDLC has simply disappeared i.e. the link doesn't work anymore, because it is pointless that it appears on the database if you cannot download it.

However there are also other reasons available in the reporting mechanism, for example bad tone and missing DD. I don't want to report a CDLC for these reasons, because in my opinion the CDLC is still playable even with these issues.

On the other hand... to me, a CDLC where the notes chart is out of sync with the music is completely unplayable, and I would rather not have it on Ignition than adding it to the game and finding out it's unplayable. Similarly, some occasional CDLC is charted so badly (meaning wrong notes all over the place) that it is useless. But "out of sync" and "bad chart" are not available reasons for reporting. What should we do in such case, should we report the CDLC or not?

22 minutes ago, Shroud said:

However there are also other reasons available in the reporting mechanism, for example bad tone and missing DD. I don't want to report a CDLC for these reasons, because in my opinion the CDLC is still playable even with these issues.

No DD is only supposed to be used to report songs that have been made past October 2016 since that's when the remastered update came out, before then not having DD didn't cause issues and it wasn't a rule. Given how easy it is to add DD to a song it won't really do to much harm to give them a pass though.

For bad tone I'd only report the song if it causes the dead tone bug, otherwise just leave a comment with some info for the charter.

22 minutes ago, Shroud said:

On the other hand... to me, a CDLC where the notes chart is out of sync with the music is completely unplayable, and I would rather not have it on Ignition than adding it to the game and finding out it's unplayable. Similarly, some occasional CDLC is charted so badly (meaning wrong notes all over the place) that it is useless. But "out of sync" and "bad chart" are not available reasons for reporting. What should we do in such case, should we report the CDLC or not?

Bad chart would technically fall under "breaks rules" as the line "We reserve the right to hide or delete any records from our database if they don’t meet a reasonable standard." is listed in our cdlc database rules. Not using the cherub rock APPID would also fall under this.

Some ideas have been proposed for a report system update, might have to wait 'till Ignition 5 launches before we see any big changes tho.

• Thanks 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

• 7 months later...

I noticed some time ago that the "report" functionality has actually improved, there are now more options and even the possibility to add some free-text explanation. In addition, it seems that reporting songs now adds a red flag beside them without immediately removing them from being downloadable. These are really useful improvements, thanks a lot!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shroud said:

I noticed some time ago that the "report" functionality has actually improved, there are now more options and even the possibility to add some free-text explanation. In addition, it seems that reporting songs now adds a red flag beside them without immediately removing them from being downloadable. These are really useful improvements, thanks a lot!

It was reworked in the 4.6 update a couple of months ago.
https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/67744-ignition46-changelog

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype