Cable, PC issue, need help!

SmokeSignals

Question

I'm completely out of ideas and the issue very well could have been discussed at some point. 

I dl'ed the RS2014-Mod-Installer.exe, ran it. The game started up normally. When it came time to tune my guitar the message kept stating that my cable was unplugged but it was, I see it in my device manager and doesn't have any errors. I uninstalled RS2014, rebooted, the cable shows in the Device Manager. Start the game, everything is looking normal. Same issue persists, it keeps stating that my cable is unplugged when it isn't. Tried connecting one of my other guitars, nothing. Tried changing USB ports, nothing. The last resort would be to reformat but I think that'd be overkill. 

If anyone has had a similar issue and a fix, please advise! Any and all help is greatly appreciated. 

• Sad 1

15 answers to this question

Well what can we say if we don't have the same issue... you've already tried changing USB port, changing instrument, and re-installing various stuff. This might sound like a dumb question but are you sure the cable itself is undamaged? Have you had any chance to verify it's working on someone else's RS? Otherwise the only other possible blocker coming to my mind would be the driver, so you could try updating that via device manager in case it isn't getting installed automatically for some reason.

That's just my guess because luckily all my RS cables always worked pretty much immediately, and when I occasionally got the "disconnected" message it's been always enough to unplug it and plug it back.

Are you using the official realtone cable or a third party one through RSMods direct connect mode?
Which input mode have you got selected in-game?

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Hmm, all I can guess is maybe it's using the wrong drivers/ sample rate or some kind of exclusivity issue?
Are the cables working fine in other programs and not just in rocksmith?

The "RocksmithConfiguration.pdf" file found in the rocksmith folder might have some useful info regarding this, otherwise idk what else to try.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Well. Gave in and did a reset. Had a bunch of work junk I didn't need anyway. 

Good news, the issue was resolved by doing this. 

Bad news. Now when I fire the game up the display is ridiculously enlarged, so much so you can't even navigate to the settings. 

Went into game file, changed the configuration, zilch. 

I just wanna play! 🙃

f.jpg

Weird. Thought I posted an update. 🤔

Anyway. F11 fixed that and was able to access the display settings. Installed the CDLC fix and enjoying my guitar time again. 

Lost my job last month and playing guitar & bass is one of the few things that bring me comfort/sanity, so I'm glad I can play it again. 

26 minutes ago, rocketship said:

What's F11.  I all of a sudden am getting on my mac that my cable is unplugged and I forgot what to name the audio device to make it think my Komplete 6 is the reatone cable.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/5uwunl/so_i_just_made_rocksmith_work_without_the/

that doesn't work. It used to. Now clearly doesn't again. 1- Audio Midi setup isn't automatically changing its name to realtone cable like it used to. 2- when I select microphone, it say I have none plugged in. I have a lot plugged in.  Does this have anything to do with loopback? I use that to capture Ableton LIVE.  Why is drift set to on?

On 11/30/2022 at 1:06 AM, SmokeSignals said:

Well. So much for asking. 😕

Your answer is not an answer. You complained when someone tried to help or when no one was helping you, then you came back to leave a solution that doesn't make sense. I have the same issue or potentially the same one.  I am not able to select an audio device. I should see all of the ones connected. I have before. And when you call one the right name, my komplete 6 can even be the game cable... but it says I have no microphones plugged in when I have tons.. even a usb singing microphone.lol. But none show up.  This has happened before but I have no idea what the solution is.  On mac... can I do anything to the config file? there are 0 and some other number.. not necesarily always 1.. but I dunno.  I use loopback but that is not being used..