Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 474

Rodman

17 minutes ago, nlbsmglsk said:

That's nice, but what can you do in the mc? I know you tried it.

I have not tried the Voivod one yet, but plan to (I am sure I will need to RR).  One of my favorite bands in the 80s (however, not really familiar with the stuff after Killing Technology)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nlbsmglsk said:

Why are you going straight to score attack? Wouldn't it be easier to to start with 'learn a song'?

I typically play score attack until I hit a part I can't play and then practice that part with RR or guitar pro.  Then if I can get through that part I keep going until the next stumper and repeat.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, johnal said:

I typically play score attack until I hit a part I can't play and then practice that part with RR or guitar pro.  Then if I can get through that part I keep going until the next stumper and repeat.

That's a great way of doing it! I thought of doing it this way for songs I had more time to play during the week.

• Like 1

>> Rocksmith Championship - Screenshot Folder Link <<

Peace, love and grindcore. 🤟

Uploaded new screenshot of Score Attack score for MC Bass (99.12% - see signature for link). 

I reckon I could top that, but I have one more night free this week where I'll be home and I'm gunna focus on Perseverance for that.

I'm attempting every bass song I do fingerstyle and ah word to the wise - warm up on 6-string guitar first maybe before playing, Chaosmongers becomes a real endurance test towards the end on bass IMO...

• Like 2

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

KC8majN.jpg
*sigh* what did you get me into @ jellisjenius  haha
i think these next weeks will be tough for me but ig in the long term itll be better for me.

• Like 3

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

I am (almost) embarrassed to see that I (a beginner) am at the top of intermediate bass in Rodmans Rankings for the last 10 week period. Mainly because I submitted scores every week. What can we do to encourage more people to play in the championship?

• Like 1

Surprised I'm even in the ranks for Advanced Rhythm and Lead, but that's nice feedback. I've dropped off on bass, but TBH my life circumstances have made playing regularly, if at all, very challenging. (I regularly work double-shifts, overnights and away from home often in new role).

I don't know if getting Silver in Score Attack disqualifies you from a score entry, but I'm pretty stoked I got 94% and managed to nail Sound of Perseverance in full on hard in Score Attack. (I put a screenshot of that in the Drive folder in my signature link). That was really stressful.

I'm gunna ease off playing for the rest of the week as I literally don't have time and I think I'll just get more stressed trying to carve out space. If I get some random opportunity to play again between now and Sunday morning I might have a go on guitar, but I think I'll have to leave my scores as-is for the week. 

Also might only be able to play 1-2 days next week, so weeks 3 and 4 I'm gunna have to try and Nail SoP on Gold for bass!

Loved the song choices this week. Good luck with your playing y'all 🙂

On 11/21/2022 at 8:09 PM, luckyoldme said:

I am (almost) embarrassed to see that I (a beginner) am at the top of intermediate bass in Rodmans Rankings for the last 10 week period. Mainly because I submitted scores every week. What can we do to encourage more people to play in the championship?

Unfortunately, in recent months the number of participants submitting results each week has decreased in Beginner-Intermediate classes. This applies to all paths on which we compete. I remember that a year ago it looked better, some regular participants unfortunately disappeared 😐. And I suppose only @ Rodman remembers the times of more truer competition in the lower classes here. Recently, if someone new joins the championship, he usually has quite good skills.

• Like 1