Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 472

avastreg

Welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship!

-= Week 472 =-

FAQ: => How and Why join the Championships?

=> Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

Previous' week Winners are:

Lead:
- Beginner: @kayteck (98.76)
- Intermediate: @someotherbruce (90)
- Advanced: @Rodman (96.16)
- Masterclass: @Bottledpat12 (90.37)

Rhythm:
- Intermediate: @someotherbruce (85)
- Advanced: @Mikson (95.38)
- Masterclass: @avastreg (97.42)

Bass:
- Beginner: @luckyoldme (80)
- Intermediate: @someotherbruce (97)
- Advanced: @Mikson (98.77)
- Masterclass: @IBOE555666 (100)

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

Rocksmith Championship Leaderboard

This week's songs are:

Lead Path:
Beginner: The Cure - Catch (2.5) selected by Mikson
Intermediate: Paleontology - Bgm39 (4) selected by coldrampage
Advanced: DOWN - Stone The Crow (6) (C# Standard) selected by NunoJBSilva
Advanced Bonus: TOTO - Devil's Tower (7.5^) selected by MaZtoR [da capo from w283]
Masterclass: Angra - Z.I.T.O. (9*) selected by avastreg

Rhythm Path:
Beginner: The Cure - Catch (2.5) selected by Mikson
Intermediate: Paleontology - Bgm39 (5.5) selected by coldrampage
Advanced: TOTO - Devil's Tower (7*) selected by MaZtoR [da capo from w283]
Masterclass: Strapping Young Lad - Anti Product (8) (D Drop C) selected by nlbsmglsk

Bass Path:
Beginner: The Blue Tones - Sleazy bed song (4*) selected by NoonyDeloony
Intermediate: The Cure - Catch (5) selected by Mikson
Advanced: TOTO - Devil's Tower (7) selected by MaZtoR [da capo from w283]
Masterclass: Blu DeTiger (feat. Chromeo) - Blutooth (8) selected by jellisjenius

You can submit your song suggestions for the championship here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HzgY90kLwyGqzJ-R64v8lmpeQMMhhxwGwUlenepIgms/edit#gid=6

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police:

Let us know your opinions on the accuracy of the difficulty scores (1-10) for this weeks songs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Some notes:

1. All selections were random, even if I was selected for mc lead, for a song that anyway I can't really play because the solo is pretty unreachable for me 🤣 maybe is more than 9, let me know
  2. It's becoming difficult to find the same song for lead and rhythm (and there a lot of lead-only songs) so if I got a only lead with RNG, then I tried to find something suitable for rhythm. For example, mc rhythm ( Strapping Young Lad - Anti Product ) has pretty similar track for lead and rhythm so I chose that for mc rhythm
  3. For advanced rhythm I didn't find anything suitable without lead too so I've taken something (RNG) from the past, at least something interesting
  4. For bass: I'm not an expert, and don't have a bass. I've tried almost every track with emulated bass. Beginner track can be very challenging, maybe we can switch it with intermediate if you think so (I didn't tried the intermediate bass, I trusted Mikson' rating)
  5. Please check the scores as I'm not sure I've done everything properly
  6. Obviously we can change things tomorrow so let me know when you've tried

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

really fun bass charts this week!!
WJM4BbV.jpg
this song i needed  today.  i dont remember it being in scott pilgrim but yea will keep and play. theres some flourishes that caught me for surprise so i had to play it again for the fc but yea i think its a good 4 or above.
3ZCM5HF.png
so i always wondered why i didnt know many songs from the cure besides just like heaven and love song...i think i now know why. not for me but i'll still check their other stuff just in case something will catch my attention.
yKYz84A.png
yeeeess some toto! hadnt heard this one before and was kind of worried because when i heard it on spotify the guitar reminded me too much of rosana by them ( i love rosana) and i still prefer rosana. BUT it was actually quite fun to play on bass. fast

pY314iC.png
This one also made my day!! because i really like blu de tiger and chromeo (both of them have some tasty basslines) so knowing that they both collabed is amazing! kind of wished this one was the one for advanced bass because i really want to learn it but owells

• Like 3

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
6 hours ago, avastreg said:

Some notes:

1. All selections were random, even if I was selected for mc lead, for a song that anyway I can't really play because the solo is pretty unreachable for me 🤣 maybe is more than 9, let me know
  2. It's becoming difficult to find the same song for lead and rhythm (and there a lot of lead-only songs) so if I got a only lead with RNG, then I tried to find something suitable for rhythm. For example, mc rhythm ( Strapping Young Lad - Anti Product ) has pretty similar track for lead and rhythm so I chose that for mc rhythm
  3. For advanced rhythm I didn't find anything suitable without lead too so I've taken something (RNG) from the past, at least something interesting
  4. For bass: I'm not an expert, and don't have a bass. I've tried almost every track with emulated bass. Beginner track can be very challenging, maybe we can switch it with intermediate if you think so (I didn't tried the intermediate bass, I trusted Mikson' rating)
  5. Please check the scores as I'm not sure I've done everything properly
  6. Obviously we can change things tomorrow so let me know when you've tried

Well done!

Keep it simple! 2-3: Do RNG on the lead path and when a Rhy arrangement is missing take one from the past - that is the standard procedure - saves so much time. If all BASS arrangements are eg below MC, which is commonly the case - take an extra Bass only song here or use one from Songs played!

Rock, Rod.

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@ JessykaBass Great that you are here! I put you in Bass MC according to your great scores!

Rock!

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

1 hour ago, Rodman said:

Well done!

Keep it simple! 2-3: Do RNG on the lead path and when a Rhy arrangement is missing take one from the past - that is the standard procedure - saves so much time. If all BASS arrangements are eg below MC, which is commonly the case - take an extra Bass only song here or use one from Songs played!

Rock, Rod.

Got it, thanks. Beg and mc bass in this case are in fact bass only songs. 

I played bass first this week to help with difficulty rating.

Overall fun songs to play this week!

I think The Cure and The Blue Tones songs have a similar difficulty (4.5-5), so it suits as a difficult beginner or intermediate.

20221106130253-1.jpg

20221022133347-1.jpg

7 is ok. I was playing with my fingers and I was a little out of keeping up with those fast riffs. Maybe a pick would be better.

20221106130750-1.jpg

Nice challenging chart. I think this is 8.5.

20221106131546-1.jpg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, kayteck said:

Rhythm Path:
Intermediate: Paleontology - Bgm39 (4) 

I would say it is more Advanced song, definitely higher than 4 IMHO.

After 4 playthroughs did not manage to get more that 65% !!!

I tried only the lead because lacking the time
Can we put it as 5.5? To keep it intermediate, but difficult

Seems a bit harder than I remember, sorry for the low rating on this.
xyawNYc.png
qe2rgKI.png
Oof
54swnD8.png
Yea this is pretty fun, nice chord practice too.
4hPPCOU.png

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

@ avastreg - I don't understand something. Why did you choose DOWN - Stone The Crown for this week selection? First, the tuning is C# Standard, not Drop D. Second, this CDLC has Lead, Rhythm and Bass - you've only selected Lead. You could have chosen TOTO - Devil's Tower for the advanced class as the main song instead of making a bonus?

8 minutes ago, Mikson said:

@ avastreg - I don't understand something. Why did you choose DOWN - Stone The Crown for this week selection? First, the tuning is C# Standard, not Drop D. Second, this CDLC has Lead, Rhythm and Bass - you've only selected Lead. You could have chosen TOTO - Devil's Tower for the advanced class as the main song instead of making a bonus?

yeah sorry the tuning it was a leftover

Down - stone the crow was the RNG pick, I tried lead, I thought that was ok for advanced (low advanced). Rhythm was essentially the same song without solo so it was intermediate.

Then I missed an adv rhythm song so I picked up Toto from the past. At this point I can say unfortunately, because I did not try bgm39 rhythm (only lead) and yes it's an adv rhythm (I tried it now and I can confirm) so I was good without TOTO. Essentially I thought I had two int rhythm and I choose bgm39 over STONE for that.

I don't know if it makes sense.
At this point, if you want, we can put STONE rhythm into int rhythm, upgrade bgm39 to adv rhythm, and then put toto as a bonus. 

21 minutes ago, avastreg said:

I don't know if it makes sense.

At this point, if you want, we can put STONE rhythm into int rhythm, upgrade bgm39 to adv rhythm, and then put toto as a bonus. 

Then it makes no sense to choose a TOTO song as capo, if you use it 2x as a bonus. I don't know, maybe in Rhythm Paleontology as a bonus?

22 minutes ago, Mikson said:

Then it makes no sense to choose a TOTO song as capo, if you use it 2x as a bonus. I don't know, maybe in Rhythm Paleontology as a bonus?

yes we can also ditch Toto, let's hear from other what they want. I'm open to both possibilities (1. ditch toto + paleo adv rhyt + stone int rhyt or 2. set rhyt paleontology as bonus + stone rhyt as int rhyt)