Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 468

Rodman

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship!

-= Week 468 =-

FAQ: => How and Why join the Championships?

=> Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

Las Lead:
- Beginner: @kayteck (99)
- Intermediate: LOST TROPHY
- Advanced: @avastreg (98.65)
- Advanced Bonus: @cacahuate51 (94.36)
- Masterclass: @Bottledpat12 (97.2)

Rhythm:
- Beginner: LOST TROPHY
- Intermediate: @kayteck (97.59)
- Advanced: @cacahuate51 (98.27)
- Masterclass: @avastreg (96.03)

Bass:
- Beginner: @luckyoldme (90)
- Beginner Bonus: @luckyoldme (90)
- Intermediate: @rodentwentyten (95.52)
- Intermediate Bonus: @rodentwentyten (90.59)
- Advanced: @jellisjenius (99.43)
- Masterclass: @nlbsmglsk (99.77)

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

Rocksmith Championship Leaderboard

This week's songs are:

Lead Path:
Beginner: Green Day - Working Class Hero (2) selected by avastreg
Intermediate: R.E.M. - Man On The Moon (5*) selected by jellisjenius
Advanced: Billy Talent - Living In The Shadows (7*) (Drop D) selected by Toni-Wan
Masterclass: Arch Enemy - Dead Eyes See No Future (8.5) (C Standard) selected by Shiroo

Rhythm Path:
Beginner: Green Day - Working Class Hero (3*) selected by avastreg
Intermediate: R.E.M. - Man On The Moon (5*) selected by jellisjenius
Advanced: Arch Enemy - Dead Eyes See No Future (7*) (C Standard) selected by Shiroo
Masterclass: Queen - The Millionaire Waltz (8) selected by week 197

Bass Path:
Beginner: Green Day - Working Class Hero (1) selected by avastreg
Intermediate: R.E.M. - Man On The Moon (5) (Drop D) selected by jellisjenius
Advanced: Billy Talent - Living In The Shadows (6) (Drop D) selected by Toni-Wan
Advanced Bonus: Arch Enemy - Dead Eyes See No Future (6) (C Standard) selected by Shiroo
Masterclass: Queen - The Millionaire Waltz (9*) selected by week 197

You can submit your song suggestions for the championship here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HzgY90kLwyGqzJ-R64v8lmpeQMMhhxwGwUlenepIgms/edit#gid=6

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police:

Let us know your opinions on the accuracy of the difficulty scores (1-10) for this weeks songs.

• Thanks 4

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

wow Working Class Hero, my first song picked!

The song is pretty simple (and a bit repetitive), but it's a powerful message.. you can literally feel the grudge and the bitterness. 

Great week, Billy Talent and Queen, love them, and also curious about Arch Enemy because I've never really listened to them.

• Like 1

My ratings for my class songs:

Lead Path: Beginner: Green Day - Working Class Hero is 1.5-2, definitely not 3...

Rhythm  Intermediate: R.E.M. - Man On The Moon are pretty much standard chords... i would not rate it 5.. maybe 4 or 4.5... 

getting serious recognition issues... got 85% at 1st play when I thought it will be approx 95-98%... disaster... it soes not recognise the slide with C chord.

let´s go

44499069sd.jpg

44499070qc.jpg

44499071gh.jpg

44499072ni.jpg

44499074vn.jpg

44499076wr.jpg

44499077ea.jpg

44499079hd.jpg

44499080mn.jpg

• Like 2

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

+ lead

44499180oo.jpg

9 minutes ago, jellisjenius said:

Shouldn't Millionaire Waltz be Masterclass for Bass, not MC Bonus?

of course it is!

corrected, thx!

Pretty fun on bass.
wPj9SJf.png
Guitar is a bit eh, too much waiting.
3AW74wT.png

• Like 2

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

3 hours ago, kayteck said:

My ratings for my class songs:

Lead Path: Beginner: Green Day - Working Class Hero is 1.5-2, definitely not 3...

Rhythm  Intermediate: R.E.M. - Man On The Moon are pretty much standard chords... i would not rate it 5.. maybe 4 or 4.5... 

getting serious recognition issues... got 85% at 1st play when I thought it will be approx 95-98%... disaster... it soes not recognise the slide with C chord.

I gave 1.5 for lead Green Day, don't know why is 3, maybe @ Rodman do you assigned a 3?
Anyway these are my first song ratings so they can be totally screwed up or down 🙂

Agree with @ coldrampage too on the too many pauses on the Queen song, but the actual guitar parts pay off incredibly well. Probably need to do a lot of RR and then do one or two complete runs

• Like 1

@ cacahuate51 @ avastreg @ kayteck @all.players

Hah - Diff ratings. One of my fav topics, a neverending one i might add, and one where there is not and never one truth....

I think the championship as it is serves very solid ropes to climb around there: What we know for sure are the keymarks where a player levels up to the next class - A song scored (i stick to guitar scores and one class example to keep it easier) 7 shall be masterable (99%+) for the player that is able to level up from adv to mc (= all mc players) if s/he competes hard on it for a week. So - and that´s my strong believe in diff rating - a part that is clearly above 7 defines the song´s difficulty. As songs are rarely written to fit into difficulties that leads to strange situations, eg and most commonly when a song that has straight-forward strumming patterns through out the whole song and then that clearly masterclass (9) solo - it´s gonna be a 9 and here the avg scoring will not help and might be higher than on the avg. adv song... of course there are few exceptions where that can be bent - when there is a short (solo) section above the rest of the songs diff that is so short that it can be learned/handled by RRing over the week or if the section really is so short that it does not really influence the score (99 on (7) in our example above is still possible) and the playing experience. Keep in mind - If you can in no way get 99% an a song in a week it is not good for the class below yours. For inconsistent intra-song difficulty some (long) songs are just not ideal for competition.

Sometimes the achieved scores are misleading - The second cornerpoint for me is difficulty rating should reflect how hard it is to make a song sound right - and for that Working class hero is a good example i think - i was struggling hard if it is (2.5) or (3) on lead.... it is really not trivial to get that pattern with quite a lot of notes sounding as it should - plus there is a beginner fitting solo - it´s a pitty i won´t be home all day to be able to replay it right away, but my conclusion was - perfect example for - you master that one (99+) - you are ready for INT. ...

Finding the correct rating on one playthrough where usually also quality checking (sync - yeah, Shadow of the day esp. bass is on the edge regarding that, charting, tone, volume) is done in the same run is a hard thing and we really love and need feedback!

The good thing is that over all those years when we look back on the Songs Played List we have very very consistent ratings all in all. Players doing a lot of rating most of the time come to the exact same rating, for example i only wanna mention @ Mikson   for he has done so many weeks in the gone months is hardly ever even .5 off from my impression of a song.

Please give feedback on what shall be improved or your different views on that topic!

Rock! Rod.

• Like 2

A few plays today

@ Rodman Usually, we rate the difficulty of the songs similarly, but here I have to disagree. This is definitely not 3. 90% of the song is of the same pattern (chord plus hammer on on the D string). The solo is short and very easy. I got 3 misses here purely by recognition. I think this is 2.

20221010201519-1.jpg

This is 3 not 2 (jumps quickly to a new chord).

20221010202452-1.jpg

Very bad slide recognition on chords.

20221010205316-1.jpg

Ehh Billy Talent. I can never play their songs...

I would need a lot of time to learn these unusual chords.

20221010203944-1.jpg

Hadn't heard this song nor the original before but it was nice to listen to!

6EaRKvH.png
Q7TAOJJ.png

However,for the way its tabbed heres my 2 cents..

The lead path in this cdlc is pretty bare bones and even though i played it 100% it didnt really feel like I did. Unless, you treat the chords as an archie tab (like r+) but if you do, youll probably get lower %

As for the rhythm, it does have more notes like id imagine it but I didnt think it was correct to the audio either because barre chords (f shape chord) are usually harder / more tiring to do for a long period of time so generally people usually opt for a capo. Also theres a arp/ pluck of each note in the chord once dist guitar in the audio but not tabbed in either path

So after my first playthrough that made me look them up live

There you can see rhythm does use a capo and is doing the embelshments (like guitar man) that are kind of tabbed in the lead path. The singer on the other hand, which would be the lead path ig uses the double stops to make it more beefy (although admitdley a cdlc if it were tabbed only when he plays would be pretty empty/ boring).

I know  that cdlc may not be 100% accurate by the tempo mapping, fingering, voicing, right notes,all notes  or that the cdlc may have more notes than being played to make it less boring, or the opposite and making it easier etc . Also to keep in mind that the band may sometimes play it differntly live because they: Want to play it differently, make it look harder than it is, Lead guy wants to try rhythm path and vice versa so its not as stale, they forget, or worst case scenario mime it / there is no live video performance (happens alot). 

But i thought i should point out those things from this cdlc.

Anyways, 

For the way its tabbed id give
lead 1.5-2 for solo
rhythm 2-3 cause barrechords 

Edit: I hope this message doesn't come off as bad because i have nothing but respect for you guys and its not my intention if it did.  It definatley took me long to write this message than the the tries on the song because I wasnt sure how to word it and im still not sure xD In any case, If there is any spot for tester (for the easier songs) or something you need help in let me know! I'd be more than glad to try to help. 

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

1 minute ago, cacahuate51 said:

Hey@ someotherbruce , good to see you back! i take it your has your arm recouped from the bike accident?

Not a full range of motion yet, but I can do most things again. As of last week I was finally able to scratch my nose with my left hand. A guy's got to scratch his nose on occasion!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, someotherbruce said:

Not a full range of motion yet, but I can do most things again. As of last week I was finally able to scratch my nose with my left hand. A guy's got to scratch his nose on occasion!

That's insane! But its great that you've got a sense of humor for it and are recovering from it.

• Like 1

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

3 hours ago, someotherbruce said:

Oh boy, it really got ya there!!! How many weeks is it since that bikestunt of yours - 6..8???
Great you are back and all the best!!!

ahhh... we shall never oversee that:

@ kayteck - you did 99 on that 3 song on lead - that´s autoupleveling to int. Are you ready!?

3 minutes ago, Rodman said:

ahhh... we shall never oversee that:

@ kayteck - you did 99 on that 3 song on lead - that´s autoupleveling to int. Are you ready!?

hell no.. i'm not 😉

as i mentioned in my entry, it was more of a rhythm than lead...

i usually get between 90-95 on typical 3 lead path...

but if you think rules are rules and we should not bend it... than ok... but i have to get mentally ready to be the last in int for at least a year or so 😄

replayed working class hero finally

44510478pz.jpg

44510479ed.jpg

absolutely!

lead is (2), rhy is (3) .... strangely i had in mind that the chord - hammeron part is the rhy, and that lead plays the million chords and the solo. wrong!

Rock! Rod.

@ Rodman  thanks for the extended explanation. I just want to align in terms of ratings so descriptions like these are very helpful

@ cacahuate51  yes I know the arrangement is not very loyal to the original version, I can also hear it when I'm playing, but I think this version (and it's the only one) fits very well for beginners to play an awesome song and they will be satisfied even without the details. If this song was advanced or mc, I would not propose it.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I like Billy Talent's songs, but in this one there's no way to get the E6 recognized (the second chord). Even with RR 50%, only rarely. I think there is some strange ringing in my guitar and because of that is not picked up. To my ears it sounds fine. On the contrary, the first chord is always recognized

Does it just happen only to me?

• Like 2