Quantity of songs in the DLC folder

faber

Question

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, faber said:
Hello everybody
My question is this:
How many songs can be put in the DLC folder so that rocksmith 2014 remastered can read them all correctly ?
Is there a limit ?
Thanks to those who know more than me

Thank Faber

I don't think there's a limit, I've had 3k before. So you should be fine, It just takes forever to load.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

12 minutes ago, faber said:
Thanks for answering me
in my case in the DLC folder there are 6105 Songs, once Rocksmith starts looking for a song it counts only 620 !! there is something wrong ?
Thanks if there is a solution

Faber

A few things can prevent songs from showing up in-game.

If they have been renamed to change the _p.sarc extension the game cannot load them.
if they use an appid of a dlc song you don't own they also won't show up. (Cherub rock is the standard one used).
If you try to use a mac/xbox or ps3 song (_xbox, _ps3.psarc.edat, _m.psarc formats) on pc it won't work.
Duplicate dlc keys/arrangement id's can also prevent certain songs form showing up and can crash the game.

Sometimes people accidentally install the game twice and put songs in the wrong dlc folder, which will also stop them from showing up depending on which rocksmith you run.

An easy way to check is with cfsm, if the songs don't show up in there something has gone quite wrong and you can check the appid of the downloaded songs.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

OK thank you
So the _p.psarc extension for the files is right?
eg _ACDC Hells Bells 2.0 DD p.psarc is correct? or before the p needs _ ?
then the appid of the songs must have the same cherub rock viewable with CFSM, otherwise the Game can't see them?
Thank you so much

• Like 1