DLC have stopped working

natja88

Question

Hello, I am unsure of where else to post this, and I am unsure if this a problem anyone else has had. I sort my CDLC folder by date and usually have it open so I can remember what I most recently downloaded as I have been downloading over many years at this point. Today I open it up and I have this file shown in the screenshot at the top of the folder, as though it had been recently added or edited. I didn't think anything of it, but when I tried to play a song, specifically I tried the alternate rhythm version of The Zodiac by Chris Letchford, which is a 6 string bass path, I got stuck after getting past the tuning. It just sat at the wall with the amps, but never starting the song. Sound and amp animations still worked. I restarted and chose one the first DLC that loads while it is compiling DLCs, which was an Alman Brothers Paid DLC which worked after a second at the wall. After that I tried a Thank You Scientist song (I think Wolf in Sheep's Clothing) which has a similar alternate rhythm path for extended range, and it locked up again. I tried deleting the new file and the same thing happened. I tried validating the game cache and the same thing happened as well as the file being replaced. Nothing has changed between the last time I played and now. The date the file said it was modified was 9/10/2022 before I deleted it and revalidated the cache.

If anyone has any experience with this kind of problem, any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Rocksmith_help.PNG

9 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, natja88 said:

Hello, I am unsure of where else to post this, and I am unsure if this a problem anyone else has had. I sort my CDLC folder by date and usually have it open so I can remember what I most recently downloaded as I have been downloading over many years at this point. Today I open it up and I have this file shown in the screenshot at the top of the folder, as though it had been recently added or edited. I didn't think anything of it, but when I tried to play a song, specifically I tried the alternate rhythm version of The Zodiac by Chris Letchford, which is a 6 string bass path, I got stuck after getting past the tuning. It just sat at the wall with the amps, but never starting the song. Sound and amp animations still worked. I restarted and chose one the first DLC that loads while it is compiling DLCs, which was an Alman Brothers Paid DLC which worked after a second at the wall. After that I tried a Thank You Scientist song (I think Wolf in Sheep's Clothing) which has a similar alternate rhythm path for extended range, and it locked up again. I tried deleting the new file and the same thing happened. I tried validating the game cache and the same thing happened as well as the file being replaced. Nothing has changed between the last time I played and now. The date the file said it was modified was 9/10/2022 before I deleted it and revalidated the cache.

If anyone has any experience with this kind of problem, any help would be greatly appreciated. 

You need to update the dll file to be able to play cdlc on the new update.

This'll install it for ya.
https://ignition4.customsforge.com/tools/CDLCEnabler

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

1 hour ago, sick_boy98 said:

I have the same problem but with a MacBook and I can´t open the .exe file.

For mac I think you need to re-apply the patch instead.
https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/33889-how-to-add-custom-songs-on-mac/&do=findComment&comment=371300

Your best bet would probably be to try asking in the #mac-os channel though since I'm not to familiar with the process and it's a bit more involved than on windows.
https://discord.com/invite/cf

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

On 9/19/2022 at 9:28 PM, coldrampage said:

For mac I think you need to re-apply the patch instead.
https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/33889-how-to-add-custom-songs-on-mac/&do=findComment&comment=371300

Your best bet would probably be to try asking in the #mac-os channel though since I'm not to familiar with the process and it's a bit more involved than on windows.
https://discord.com/invite/cf

Thank you actually that worked just fine.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 7:43 PM, coldrampage said:

You need to update the dll file to be able to play cdlc on the new update.

This'll install it for ya.
https://ignition4.customsforge.com/tools/CDLCEnabler

It just tells me it doesn't support stolen or pirated copies and then takes me to the steam store page which clearly tells me I have already purchased the game. I don't understand.

3 minutes ago, alexcordel said:

It just tells me it doesn't support stolen or pirated copies and then takes me to the steam store page which clearly tells me I have already purchased the game. I don't understand.

If you're getting the piracy error the cdlc enabler you're using is expecting a different game version. If it let you install it it probably wouldn't work properly on that version of the game. So if you're still using running your old installer for cdlc enabler or are on the beta branch of rocksmith you'll be getting this error.

You could try installing the latest dll manually to the root of your rocksmith folder but if you're on the wrong version your game will just crash.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ZKYtpB0vu2U3RLa1ZvdmxJczg/view?usp=sharing

3 hours ago, coldrampage said:

If you're getting the piracy error the cdlc enabler you're using is expecting a different game version. If it let you install it it probably wouldn't work properly on that version of the game. So if you're still using running your old installer for cdlc enabler or are on the beta branch of rocksmith you'll be getting this error.

You could try installing the latest dll manually to the root of your rocksmith folder but if you're on the wrong version your game will just crash.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ZKYtpB0vu2U3RLa1ZvdmxJczg/view?usp=sharing

Installing .dll manually worked. Thank you!

• Like 1