Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 465

nlbsmglsk

13 minutes ago, johnal said:

I use a digitech drop for all weird tunings.   I think it should be no issue at all, however, I am not sure if there is some official rule on this. 

yea i feel like that would be pretty much the same method overall, plus my accuracy would be much higher cause of the note detection is much better in e standard for me

6 hours ago, Bottledpat12 said:

JjIHnbVX_t.jpg

would you guys still count my score if i used a pitch shifter on the customs forge song manager next time we have a song thats in a different tuning from e standard

No problem from me since it doesn't change the difficulty, and I think someone already did that

I would do it if I know how 😁

10 hours ago, Daz40 said:

Whats going on guys?? opened rocksmith today and flashes up the white screen then shuts down ?? is it all over ??

Your Rocksmith updated, so it's not compatible anymore with that version of rsmods or the cdlc DLL

Look on reddit in r/rocksmith, they explain the solution. Or you can update rsmods and cdlc DLL and you're supposed to be fine

8 hours ago, avastreg said:

No problem from me since it doesn't change the difficulty, and I think someone already did that

I would do it if I know how 😁

Select the song/s you want to pitch shift, then under custom mods select the "Pitch Shifter" option and it'll create a second pitch shifted copy of the song.
NZfy9QA.png

I can't recommend the force E standard option as it'll sound incorrect in-game but it won't harm detection.
I'd only use the "preserve stats" option while also using the "overwrite file" one just to be safe against crashes.

If the song has the guitar and bass in a different tuning the pitch shifting for the bass will be wrong. If the song is bass only it will set the tuning to E standard/Drop D but won't add a pitch shift pedal. So it can be a bit dodgy at times.

• Thanks 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

I'm going to agree with the consensus that octaves are more like bass playing 201, and moving octaves in the middle of an otherwise low-key song are a bit tricky at first. So this is a 5.5 IMO:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

And to me a Cliff Burton Kill 'em All bassline as a 6 is too low...this is at least a 7 and is IMO harder than Wild World. Note density makes it a bit easier to get a higher score:

Did I rate this a 7? Feels more like a 6.5. I just really enjoy these types of laid-back songs with intricate basslines:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jellisjenius said:

I'm going to agree with the consensus that octaves are more like bass playing 201, and moving octaves in the middle of an otherwise low-key song are a bit tricky at first. So this is a 5.5 IMO:

Yeah, judging by the relies it might be not as common as I though.

6 minutes ago, jellisjenius said:

And to me a Cliff Burton Kill 'em All bassline as a 6 is too low...this is at least a 7 and is IMO harder than Wild World. Note density makes it a bit easier to get a higher score:

Disagree. The only difficulty here is right hand stamina, and even that is only a factor if you don't use a pick.

8 minutes ago, jellisjenius said:

Did I rate this a 7? Feels more like a 6.5. I just really enjoy these types of laid-back songs with intricate basslines:

<Wild World>

Yes, you did. I didn't change the rating on that one.

Even with two public holiday days in a row I barely got time to play! Jeez. Bloody life admin, innit. 

Anyway of what i got to play last day or so, here's the link to my scores:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16byD_Xvp9JV0Ny69aYa2rV3unHndY9k_?usp=sharing

Rocksmith is honestly such a great feedback mechanism - I'd been iffy about my playing away from it, then I jump on, jam out some songs and it's nice to get that instant accuracy feedback. Esp when it improves lol. 

Great song choices on the Rhythm Adv. and Coroner MC Bass btw - more of that please!

• Like 1

>> Rocksmith Championship - Screenshot Folder Link <<

Peace, love and grindcore. 🤟