CDLC not working and I don't think it's the update.

fluxcapacitor

Question

I can't get CLDC to work on a new RS2014 install.  

This happened on a fresh install a few months ago.  

I had to Repair them all in CSFM.  

I did that again and they still won't load they sit there and hang after the tuner, you get audio and can play your guitar....but the song never loads and starts.  

I did the "justincaseyouneedit" beta previous version because today's update breaks RS_ASIO.  

Is there something else I can try besides Repair?

Wait, I just re-downloaded AC/DC's Flick of the Switch and the new DL wouldn't load either.  

Is there any recourse here?

• Like 2

Hi there guys,

I believe I am hitting the same problem. I was playing fine yesterday and this morning when I came to do my "usual-Saturday-routine" the software (doesn't matter if it is from Steam or clicking directly to the Rocksmith2014.exe) won't start and it doesn't say anything it just goes back from 'Stop" to "Green-Play" btn (or if you run the .exe you won't see anything at all).

I have uninstalled/re-installed, restart but nothing, the only way to make it run is to remove the D3DX9_42.dll from the Rosksmith folder...

I see from the post above that there was an update, was it a Steam update or a Rocksmith one? I am asking cause if it's the latter I am wondering if we can go back to the previous one.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, jizzyjazz said:

this is still happening 2 days later for me and i've tried every workaround (legacy branch, re-downloading the dll file, fresh re-install of the whole game) and i'm still unable to play CDLC. does anyone know what else i could possibly do?

Try using the new dll on the non-beta branch. The new dll probably doesn't work on the beta branch and could be the cause of this.
https://ignition4.customsforge.com/tools/CDLCEnabler

• Thanks 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

I managed to get the game working again. My problem was game "hanging on screen" when custom song loads. Beta method not worked for me.

Here's what I did.

1. Uninstall game (save custom songs to other folder and delete whole Rocksmith-folder)
  2. Install game on steam
  3. Copy custom songs back
  4. Install rs_asio ((https://github.com/mdias/rs_asio/releases/tag/v0.6.1) if needed, I've got Focusrite 2i2 3rd gen) and setup rs_asio.ini for your interface.
  5. Install CDLC-enabler (https://ignition4.customsforge.com/tools/CDLCEnabler). This will also install new D3DX9_42.dll on rocksmith-folder. Setup rs-asio.ini if you installed rs-asio.
  6. Start game and it should work.
  • Like 3

The update screwed up my Rocksmith cdlc, because of some shenanigans I did before the update,It didn't delete many of my dlcs from working & staying in the game,but many it did delete which is total bs.(I can't say what I did because I don't want to get banned)

Bottom line though is that shame on Ubisoft for doing this forced update that screws over everyone's working game & deleted all my progress & favorites.

Update: Just checked & it's really random what songs got deleted & what didn't. Makes no sense really.(will have to check why that is)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PandreoL said:

Hi there guys,

I believe I am hitting the same problem. I was playing fine yesterday and this morning when I came to do my "usual-Saturday-routine" the software (doesn't matter if it is from Steam or clicking directly to the Rocksmith2014.exe) won't start and it doesn't say anything it just goes back from 'Stop" to "Green-Play" btn (or if you run the .exe you won't see anything at all).

I have uninstalled/re-installed, restart but nothing, the only way to make it run is to remove the D3DX9_42.dll from the Rosksmith folder...

I see from the post above that there was an update, was it a Steam update or a Rocksmith one? I am asking cause if it's the latter I am wondering if we can go back to the previous one.

I had to install a Rocksmith 2014 update yesterday, it wasn't a Steam update, it was an update for the game. And exactly after this update Rocksmith stopped working, I can get it running with that cDLC dll file. I wanted to try to roll back the game to an older version, but it's not possible, I probably need a beta tester code to get that roll back function on steam.

So Ubisoft 100% screwed us again and forcing us to go to Rocksmith+ with their dumb subscription fees...

Solution:

There is a discussion in steam going on. One Steam user posted a beta code which can be used to get the previous version of RS2014

The Beta Code Is:

JustInCaseWeNeedIt

use this code to get the older previous version of RS2014

link to the steam discussion:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/221680/discussions/0/3377158861986375212/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gwbuiter said:

What i did was just delete the D3DX9_42.DLL file from the RS2014 directory, and it works. including CDLC. Thats it! Don't ask me why, but it works..... 🙂

Just tried that.  Still sees them in Play a Song but still just sit there at the amplifiers with  the ability to play the guitar but the song never loads and starts and I have to ALT-F4 out of RS.  

• Like 5

the legacy branch didn't do anything for me, i can still play vanilla and regular DLC tracks, but CDLC is completely unavailable (it just softlocks after tuning)

at times the audio bugs out and even crashes the game outright for me. way to go ubisoft, you've ruined your own damn game with just one update.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 4:55 PM, POXZILLA said:

Yup, this is the one! Thanks for this bud! 

Thanks for your hints. I found the .dll file and dragged it out of the RS folder. But, to be honest, I don't understand the steps 2 and 4 on the list:

2: what means "let it load songs"? Does it just mean opening the "Play a Song" section? Or does it mean something more?

4: Where can I download the .dll file?

Thanks for your help!

45 minutes ago, Guardian667 said:

Thanks for your hints. I found the .dll file and dragged it out of the RS folder. But, to be honest, I don't understand the steps 2 and 4 on the list:

2: what means "let it load songs"? Does it just mean opening the "Play a Song" section? Or does it mean something more?

4: Where can I download the .dll file?

Thanks for your help!

i believe by "let it load songs" they mean to load the game and stay on the main menu until the "enumerating downloadable content" box in the top right disappears. this means that the game has loaded all the songs from the folder and that they now all show up in the list. could take anywhere from less than a second to 30-40 seconds depending on how many songs you have.

the .dll file should be linked to somewhere in the tutorial section. just keep looking, you'll find it.

On 9/12/2022 at 3:59 PM, jizzyjazz said:

the legacy branch didn't do anything for me, i can still play vanilla and regular DLC tracks, but CDLC is completely unavailable (it just softlocks after tuning)

at times the audio bugs out and even crashes the game outright for me. way to go ubisoft, you've ruined your own damn game with just one update.

this is still happening 2 days later for me and i've tried every workaround (legacy branch, re-downloading the dll file, fresh re-install of the whole game) and i'm still unable to play CDLC. does anyone know what else i could possibly do?