rocksmith 2014 update added to Steam today stops CDLC Dll for working

shane_42

Question

if anyone could confirm i got a rocksmith 2014 update today and when i attempt to launch rocksmith 2014 it won't launch, i have reinstalled and removed all files.

when i launch rocksmith 2014 via steam without the CDLC dll it launches when i re add the dll rocksmith fails to launch, this could be some condition music producers are enforcing on ubisoft in relation to content for rocksmith +.

in steam right click the install and go to beta and enter "JustInCaseWeNeedIt"  download backup that removes the update 

rocksmith then launches thank you to the poster below id never have figured this out, i am backing up all my local files just encase 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/10/2022 at 1:57 PM, suprnova said:

looks like it was fixed in a different thread:

Steam Library -> Rocksmith 2014 -> Properties -> Betas -> (Enter beta code) = JustInCaseWeNeedIt

Reinstall the dll

https://old.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/xa49mq/important_update_coming_to_rocksmith_2014/

Awesome....!!! worked like a champ... I had over 700 songs.. G2G

On 9/10/2022 at 2:22 PM, shane_42 said:

Solution to CDLC not launching after rocksmith update, right click rocksmith in steam, go to properties, betas and enter "JustInCaseWeNeedIt" as a beta code then download to remove update solution thanks to Supernova.

i have backed up all local files after this!

A thousand thanks to whoever came up with this solution! You people rock.

When the update launched I had a bad feeling -- with the release of Rocksmith+ I was afraid something like this might happen -- and sure enough: Note highway, but no movement, no notes, no way out except to close.

Came here, found the JustInCaseWeNeedIt fix and SHAZAM back in business!!!

For the love of god, people, no bitching/whining/complaining. If you don't like something, either state it constructively...or keep it to yourself.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

A thousand thanks to whoever came up with this solution! You people rock.

When the update launched I had a bad feeling -- with the release of Rocksmith+ I was afraid something like this might happen -- and sure enough: Note highway, but no movement, no notes, no way out except to close.

Came here, found the JustInCaseWeNeedIt fix and SHAZAM back in business!!!

Thanks, Supernova!!!!!!!

For the love of god, people, no bitching/whining/complaining. If you don't like something, either state it constructively...or keep it to yourself.